The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Using social media to date ..  (Read 399 times)

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Using social media to date ..
« on: May 19, 2016, 12:31:12 PM »
SC asked me if some guy who was wanting to be her 'friend' was someone I knew a few weeks back..I responded I didn't and she asked him why he wanted to be 'friends'... as her profile was pretty clear she was in a relationship, it's marked 'engaged' ;D

response.. ''Why don't you make this clearer in your profile ...?'' As if relationship status 'engaged' isn't a clue...

I asked her if I could respond - which I did- pointing out who I was and suggested it is clearly marked. I was polite and wished the guy luck.

So, then responded he just wanted to be 'friends' and of course I asked him, ''why he wants to be 'friends' with a lady he doesn't know and hasn't met?''

''That's what Facebook is all about you moron... making friends!!! Maybe you should not let your wife dress so provocative in her pictures you idiot????''

The bold is mine...

Well, we can guess what sort of control freak he'd be as a husband.... SC blocked him

Am I strange or did the definition of friends change?

Now, I realise where I'm going wrong, I will tell SC to stop dressing so 'provocatively' and you will soon be my 'friend' on facebook  - and your better half and all her friends..;D

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: Using social media to date ..
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2016, 02:01:36 PM »
SC asked me if some guy who was wanting to be her 'friend' was someone I knew a few weeks back..I responded I didn't and she asked him why he wanted to be 'friends'... as her profile was pretty clear she was in a relationship, it's marked 'engaged' ;D

response.. ''Why don't you make this clearer in your profile ...?'' As if relationship status 'engaged' isn't a clue...

I asked her if I could respond - which I did- pointing out who I was and suggested it is clearly marked. I was polite and wished the guy luck.

So, then responded he just wanted to be 'friends' and of course I asked him, ''why he wants to be 'friends' with a lady he doesn't know and hasn't met?''

''That's what Facebook is all about you moron... making friends!!! Maybe you should not let your wife dress so provocative in her pictures you idiot????''

The bold is mine...

Well, we can guess what sort of control freak he'd be as a husband.... SC blocked him

Now, I realise where I'm going wrong, I will tell SC to stop dressing so 'provocatively' and you will soon be my 'friend' on facebook  - and your better half and all her friends..;D

The bold is mine? So you said that or he did?

Based on the comments in bold (if he said them) I'd say he was a screw loose kind of guy, probably sitting there with a box of Kleenex in hand.

I dated a few random girls from FB, myspace and other early social media platforms many many years ago (in my early 20's). Even though they are way more popular now with the general public I think it's not so accepted/welcomed. Everybody's read a story or 2 about a woman meeting up with a random guy and the outcome being rather unsavoury.

Besides, there's dedicated apps for that now, Happen,  Tinder, Badoo etc so Women don't want hitting on. I see how many friend requests girlfriends get who have restricted profiles and tame photos. Mostly Indian and Asian guys but it's relentless.
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Offline Dogsoldier

• Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2016, 02:06:42 PM »

The bold is mine...

Based on the comments in bold (if he said them) I'd say he was a screw loose kind of guy, probably sitting there with a box of Kleenex in hand.

I dated a few random girls from FB, myspace and other early social media platforms many many years ago (in my early 20's). Even though they are way more popular now with the general public I think it's not so accepted/welcomed. Everybody's read a story or 2 about a woman meeting up with a random guy and the outcome being rather unsavoury.

Besides, there's dedicated apps for that now, Happen,  Tinder, Badoo etc so Women don't want hitting on. I see how many friend requests girlfriends get who have restricted profiles and tame photos. Mostly Indian and Asian guys but it's relentless.
Also north African and Turkush muzzie types...... :censored:
All I know is that Moby knows nothing - Plato

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2016, 02:24:08 PM »

Sorry, to be clear - I 'bolded' his words.

Also north African and Turkush muzzie types...... :censored:

The guy 'claimed' to be  VP of an American firm and appeared to be at least three out of four a WASp

Don't think she gets any N.africans wanting to be friends ...Turks - that's another story. I don't think it would make any different her posting her age - as some could be - nearly - her Grand children  :coffeeread:

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2017, 10:24:49 PM »
With the access to sites like Vkontakte, Odnoklassniki, Yandex, and Mail.ru being cut off, where will you be able to find the profiles of people who you wish to find more information about?  Will the dating site profile be the only place to get that information?   :-\ ???

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/in-new-sanctions-list-ukraine-blocks-russian-social-media-sites/2017/05/16/a982ab4e-3a16-11e7-9e48-c4f199710b69_story.html