The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russian Mother in Law "V's" Normal Mother in Law  (Read 533 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Russian Mother in Law "V's" Normal Mother in Law
« on: May 18, 2016, 11:34:31 AM »
I have noticed one thing with the Russian version.. there is always a constant background noise!

Pots and pans clanking all day and night, water running in the sink non stop all day for washing, cupboards opening non stop, bags , packets you name it rustling , Ironing board out of the cupboard every 20 mins, I would say a constant 24/7 background noise   :GRRRR:

Of course I know they are trying to only help..but when your sat at your desk ( I work from home and for me tidy desks means less stress) having plates of sandwiches, cups of tea, cakes and other things placed on my desks 24/7 uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

;D

Offline Gipsy

Re: Russian Mother in Law "V's" Normal Mother in Law
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 11:40:58 AM »
I have noticed one thing with the Russian version.. there is always a constant background noise!

Pots and pans clanking all day and night, water running in the sink non stop all day for washing, cupboards opening non stop, bags , packets you name it rustling , Ironing board out of the cupboard every 20 mins, I would say a constant 24/7 background noise   :GRRRR:

Of course I know they are trying to only help..but when your sat at your desk ( I work from home and for me tidy desks means less stress) having plates of sandwiches, cups of tea, cakes and other things placed on my desks 24/7 uhhhhhhhhhhhhh

;D

But she luv's ya Steve..... :ROFL:

Online Ste

• Lol!
  • Spouses Country: United Kingdom
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 01:19:02 PM »

;D

Perhaps she's frustrated, hoping to wake you for some hot Son-in-Law action?
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Online Dogsoldier

• Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 01:29:03 PM »

;D

:rolleye0009:   :o

Now we know your fantasies, Ste!!!!
All I know is that Moby knows nothing - Plato

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2016, 01:37:19 PM »

;D

Yup, then he puts em under his patio.... :ROFL:

Online Ste

• Lol!
  • Spouses Country: United Kingdom
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2016, 01:39:47 PM »

;D

Same as Gareth Keenan, two lesbians, sisters probably. Me watching.....
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2016, 03:43:01 PM »

Got to be better than a constant sound of waffle filing  every spare bit of silence?
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Online rosco

« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2016, 06:29:56 PM »

;D

Mine just turned 49!  :hidechair:

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2016, 09:26:39 PM »

and  ?

Some of us 'ol gits have partners in that age group   :coffeeread:

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 12:58:40 PM »

;D

So quiet a bit younger than you....   :coffeeread:

Online rosco

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 03:56:30 PM »

;D

So quiet a bit younger than you....   :coffeeread:

Steady there cow boy.....I'm an 80's child.  :popcorn:

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2016, 07:43:43 AM »
My Mother in law is only 2 years older than me  ;D

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2016, 09:08:29 AM »
I get along great with mine. She lives a few thousand miles away. Not sure if the two are connected............ :whist11:

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2016, 09:15:00 AM »
I always had problems with my MIL, up until November last year, Now, all's great..

Btw, we keep her ashes in an Urn in her room... ;D

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2016, 09:18:35 AM »
I get along great with mine. She lives a few thousand miles away. Not sure if the two are connected............ :whist11:
And your understanding of Russian is suddenly limited to:

Kak dela?
Charasho...
Ya charasho toshen.
Paka
You can change anything in life, but a BMW only for a BMW
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria