The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: English language tutors in Odessa, Ukraine?  (Read 5257 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Re: English language tutors in Odessa, Ukraine?
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2016, 01:44:56 PM »
Reminds me of Brookside.. Always wondered what happened to Jimmy Corkhill..

Jimmy Corkhill and the bizzies!  Least we now know you are a soap opera lover Steve, all the eastenders bashing was a front.

It was a long time ago, but yes I did like Brookside especially when they made the full length video with Barry Grant in.. Always did like Barry grant...

Pity they ended the series  :(
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2016, 01:47:44 PM »
Reminds me of Brookside.. Always wondered what happened to Jimmy Corkhill..

Or Harold Shipman. They found 11 Italian bodies under his patio at home. Apparently he used to do foreigners at weekend.

I never understand people that bury the bodies under the patio.. If it was me I would acid bath them first, dry out whats left , put through some kind of mincer to make sure there was just dust left then scatter the bits 20 miles off shore.. No body no proof .. ;D

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

I always think in life , if your going to do something do it properly.. that includes disposing of a body  :laugh:

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2016, 01:53:23 PM »

Hebden is ace!!

Yup, but there aint many council houses there.....   :ROFL:

Actually thinking about it, despite being brought up so poor in Bolton we didn't have one penny to rub together, even in the 60's we never lived in a council house. We lived in one bedroom (five of us!) no heating, not ho water (apart from 'mersion).

I've said this before and I'll say it again for Manny cos he likes this one, I didn't have any clothes until I was nine, then my Dad bought me a cap so I could look out of the window...

Credit: Eric Sykes, Oldham Lad, Mucky Brews....
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2016, 01:58:18 PM »

Hebden is ace!!

Actually thinking about it, despite being brought up so poor in Bolton we didn't have one penny to rub together, even in the 60's we never lived in a council house. We lived in one bedroom (five of us!) no heating, not ho water (apart from 'mersion).

I've said this before and I'll say it again for Manny cos he likes this one, I didn't have any clothes until I was nine, then my Dad bought me a cap so I could look out of the window...

Yup, and everyday warmed up water called soup, ceptin sundays, when ya ma took a bone outta her corset and cooked it in the water to make you all a bone soup... :ROFL:
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Ste

• RIP
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2016, 01:59:34 PM »

Hebden is ace!!

Yup, and everyday warmed up water called soup, ceptin sundays, when ya ma took a bone outta her corset and cooked it in the water to make you all a bone soup... :ROFL:

Luxury!

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2016, 02:05:29 PM »

Hebden is ace!!

Luxury!

Some mothers do av em.   :laugh:

Whats your excuse??   ;D
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Ste

• RIP
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2016, 02:07:32 PM »

Hebden is ace!!

Luxury!

Whats your excuse??   ;D

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2016, 02:11:36 PM »

Hebden is ace!!

Luxury!

Whats your excuse??   ;D

Excellent, made me laugh... :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2016, 02:21:19 PM »
Well, there goes another one who'll likely not be back.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Ste

• RIP
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2016, 02:26:38 PM »

I think Steveboy will be back, probably just having a rest or paying off his Krisha,,,,

Offline Ste

• RIP
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2016, 02:27:28 PM »

I think Steveboy will be back, probably just having a rest or paying off his Krisha,,,,

Or watching the Championship Playoff Second Leg, 2-3 Hull at the moment...

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2016, 02:33:15 PM »
Don't worry, I was not thinking of Steve, as I am sure you know. :)

Ugh, gonna stop reading and typing till my eyes recover. :(
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Czenny

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2016, 04:03:06 PM »
Livet är fullt av ironier.

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2016, 04:29:08 PM »
Why would any guy want to meet a women who speaks no English? Is there any reasons why a guy would want to do this?  ???

If the woman is a "10", then speaking no English may actually be to your benefit.   ;D  You would not need to be so overt to her and use your subliminal charms.   :)  Seduction does not have to be vocal.   :nod:
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline yankee

« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2016, 05:07:51 PM »
Why would any guy want to meet a women who speaks no English? Is there any reasons why a guy would want to do this?  ???

If the woman is a "10", then speaking no English may actually be to your benefit.   ;D  You would not need to be so overt to her and use your subliminal charms.   :)  Seduction does not have to be vocal.   :nod:

I am sorry DCguyusa, but that is a really stupid answer.  Are you looking for a partner of just someone to have sex with?
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #40 on: May 17, 2016, 05:08:35 PM »

Yes, we are a welcoming and helpful bunch to low post members eh?  :-\
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
« Reply #41 on: May 17, 2016, 05:56:45 PM »

I am sorry DCguyusa, but that is a really stupid answer.  Are you looking for a partner of just someone to have sex with?

My comment was meant to be a little sarcastic, but hard to signify that on a sentence.
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2016, 06:09:40 PM »
Odessa!  I have a pal who does private ESL  and runs a school. Been at it since the late 90's.
I can PM you some details.

http://englishodessa.com/

Try that link. His school is called, English for Everybody.  I punched in "EfE in Odessa" and found it right away. His name is Guy, originally from Montreal QC. He knows about 5 languages. Give him a call or have your girl call the school.
 As for the Brit's shooting their gobs off here I'll just say there's nothing wrong with getting your GF into English classes. Only you know where you both stand in the relationship, and if you're comfortable spending a few bucks to advance communication, all the better.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2016, 01:04:02 AM »

No packing my bags ready for Londanistan tonight , can't get the burka to fit the wife very well :laugh:

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2016, 04:05:16 AM »
Hello, I was wondering if anyone living in Odessa, Ukraine (or travels there) knows any private English tutors they can recommend? It is for the purpose of teaching English to a local there. I have searched the web a few times but not found much, so I thought I could try asking at a site like this one. Any help would be appreciated. You can PM any details if you prefer. Thanks.

Paying for English lessons for your bird is never a good idea. If she's that keen let her pay for her own, more often that not this is a way of extracting money from you.

Ste has a good point.

In Odessa there is Stirlitz aka Igor. He is an interpreter English > Ukraine & Russia level 9 he also gives individual lessons.

Personally I find Igor dependable but others on RUA do not agree. There are in Nikolayev some schools. Occasionally they duel on RUA.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2016, 04:38:18 AM »
Hello, I was wondering if anyone living in Odessa, Ukraine (or travels there) knows any private English tutors they can recommend? It is for the purpose of teaching English to a local there. I have searched the web a few times but not found much, so I thought I could try asking at a site like this one. Any help would be appreciated. You can PM any details if you prefer. Thanks.

Paying for English lessons for your bird is never a good idea. If she's that keen let her pay for her own, more often that not this is a way of extracting money from you.

Ste has a good point.

In Odessa there is Stirlitz aka Igor. He is an interpreter English > Ukraine & Russia level 9 he also gives individual lessons.

Personally I find Igor dependable but others on RUA do not agree. There are in Nikolayev some schools. Occasionally they duel on RUA.
I can also recommend Igor, I personally used him back when I was still dating.

Mark
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Ste

• RIP
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2016, 04:44:21 AM »

Ste has a good point.

I can also recommend Igor, I personally used him back when I was still dating.

Mark

We used to have a few ding-dongs with him on other boards, forget which, once he claimed HIV didn't exist and I also remember the erstwhile JB of cluebat fame used to go for him all the time.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2016, 04:53:29 AM »
We used to have a few ding-dongs with him on other boards, forget which, once he claimed HIV didn't exist and I also remember the erstwhile JB of cluebat fame used to go for him all the time.
So don't use him for philosophy lessons, but for English tutor he is really very good service.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2016, 05:15:17 AM »
It doesn't really matter if the guy is the son of Jesus Christ! You shouldn't be paying for English lessons for ANY women unless she's your wife!  :)

Offline Czenny

« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2016, 06:48:56 AM »
Let me say a few words.
I think when a woman is going to date a man who speaks Ehglish or French, or any other language, she should know a lot about the country(it's culture) of her supposed boy-friend. At least she should begin to look for information.

As for learning languages. Now we all have internet, there is enourmous opportunity to begin studiing free using internet resourses, where one can find vocabulary, grammar, phonetics and listen to the pronunciation.
There are plenty of audio-video courses here in Ukraine.
If a woman like to study...only her wish.

No problems at all.

Of course communicating with a native speaker is the best variant, but a girl should show an attempt to know something herself.

I think also that a man is supposed to learn russian or ukrainian. lol. In the south of Ukraine everybody speaks Russian.

:)
Livet är fullt av ironier.

Registration