The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: USA -v- Europe.  (Read 16423 times)

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: USA -v- Europe.
« Reply #250 on: November 29, 2018, 02:38:20 AM »
In the UK, the liberals also have an unhealthy obsession with throwing money at foreign countries and immigrants. I always thought it was some kind of hangover or guilt from the days of the Empire. We’ve got far too many UK nationals who need more support yet the clowns in control fall over themselves, being more than generous to others.

Look at all the foreign aid you guys dish out yet large parts of Detroit, Cali, New Orleans and so on, look like the 3rd world. Grim.

More exaggerated nonsense from Rosvo

1/ I 'missed that the UK  Conservative party  was 'liberal'

2/ The UK spends 0.7 on foreign aid and wiser posters realise that as these economies expand, creating middle classes ....who they will spend their money with...

So that would be.....China....who are more more pro-active.

Are the Chinese 'liberal' ?...

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #251 on: November 29, 2018, 10:57:45 AM »
In the UK, the liberals also have an unhealthy obsession with throwing money at foreign countries and immigrants. I always thought it was some kind of hangover or guilt from the days of the Empire. We’ve got far too many UK nationals who need more support yet the clowns in control fall over themselves, being more than generous to others.

Look at all the foreign aid you guys dish out yet large parts of Detroit, Cali, New Orleans and so on, look like the 3rd world. Grim.

http://aktualitetebiz.com/family-of-10-on-welfare-has-new-demand-for-government-regarding-their-rights/?fbclid=IwAR2LcGaloicRuW9VMS-HnzkHkjvtACZKgCVdO_eEHs82I5SVNVAXmPXy1bI

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #252 on: November 29, 2018, 02:48:39 PM »
Europe and the United States both have migration problems, but Germany is taking steps to pay migrants to return to their country of origin. 
This is where I commend President Trumps actions to stop the steady flow of migrants into the United States.

Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #253 on: November 29, 2018, 08:41:12 PM »
My observation between Europe and The United States, is very much the mentality of the longer term citizens. In The United States there is frequently a goal driven attitude. In Europe while over thirty years the situation has improved there is very much an attitude of why rock the boat or take a chance.

Also if one looks at those who came a generation ago to The United States many start there own business and make a go of up. In Europe they are happy to live in the banlieues or achter wijks and complain. It seems to be a distressing frequently repeated reality.

Off course there are exceptions.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #254 on: November 30, 2018, 03:40:28 AM »

2/ The UK spends 0.7 on foreign aid and wiser posters realise that as these economies expand, creating middle classes ....who they will spend their money with...

1) Even conservatives have to bow to liberal junkies and do things that are less than sensible to suppress the hate. We’ve already seen what liberal hate brings. I also feel slight embarrassed for you, that this needs explaining but you do know that it’s not a room full of conservatives who distribute each penny? Funds are allocated to groups, departments and organizations, mostly filled with liberal fuzzy thinking idiots who love to waste other people’s hard earned cash.

2) 13.9 billion pounds is an acceptable amount to waste on others? You think giving millions of pounds to China to help them develop football, whilst their clubs pay players £600k a week is a good thing? You think it’s good to waste money helping farm coconuts in the Caribbean, juggling lessons and pop bands in Africa and a theme park that’s unused in Afghanistan? The list goes on yet you probably agree because you enjoy wasting other people’s money.

If the budget was actually spent on projects that are sensible, considered and thought through whilst actually doing some good, as opposed to be pissed against the wall by a civil servant, I wouldn’t have a problem. But when I pay more tax to fund a project in China telling school kids that they need to eat less salt, you can GFU.

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #255 on: November 30, 2018, 10:22:15 AM »

1) Even conservatives have to bow to liberal junkies and do things that are less than sensible to suppress the hate. We’ve already seen what liberal hate brings. I also feel slight embarrassed for you, that this needs explaining but you do know that it’s not a room full of conservatives who distribute each penny? Funds are allocated to groups, departments and organizations, mostly filled with liberal fuzzy thinking idiots who love to waste other people’s hard earned cash.

2) 13.9 billion pounds is an acceptable amount to waste on others? You think giving millions of pounds to China to help them develop football, whilst their clubs pay players £600k a week is a good thing? You think it’s good to waste money helping farm coconuts in the Caribbean, juggling lessons and pop bands in Africa and a theme park that’s unused in Afghanistan? The list goes on yet you probably agree because you enjoy wasting other people’s money.

If the budget was actually spent on projects that are sensible, considered and thought through whilst actually doing some good, as opposed to be pissed against the wall by a civil servant, I wouldn’t have a problem. But when I pay more tax to fund a project in China telling school kids that they need to eat less salt, you can GFU.

Hey Rosco,

I don't have much of an opinion one way or the other however I'm curious, are you one who wishes for Scottish independence from the UK?

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
Rosco makes 'excuses' - but misses the point
« Reply #256 on: December 01, 2018, 12:41:01 AM »

Please do not feel any 'embarrassment' on my part ... your 'reasoning' ( excuses)  provides a constant source of entertainment 

When I was c.your age - I thought Mrs Thatcher's section 28 was a good idea ..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Section_28

That the Conservative  Party - " preserving what is good, changing what is bad" - brought in legislation to allow same sex marriages and the only Tory leader  to WIN seats ( a Scot) is a Lesbian - shows which party moved with the times ...

2) 13.9 billion pounds is an acceptable amount to waste on others?

'Waste'  - do you know where this money goes and how it is spent ?  Your 'examples' below are examples of why folks see to stop all foreign aid contributions

You think giving millions of pounds to China to help them develop football, whilst their clubs pay players £600k a week is a good thing?

Clearly not ...

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/16/britain-still-giving-hundreds-of-millions-of-pounds-in-aid-to-ch/

The aid should go to places that NEED it

So... WHY haven't the govt DONE something about this ?  They have held the reigns of power for eight years and 'made noises'

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #257 on: December 02, 2018, 07:08:30 AM »

Hey Rosco,

I don't have much of an opinion one way or the other however I'm curious, are you one who wishes for Scottish independence from the UK?

I voted for independence during the last referendum but the political landscapes changed so much since then. Right now I have no appetite for it and the country should be focusing on making Brexit a success.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #258 on: December 02, 2018, 09:13:11 AM »

I voted for independence during the last referendum but the political landscapes changed so much since then. Right now I have no appetite for it and the country should be focusing on making Brexit a success.

What Rosco isn't telling you is that Scotland wants to remain in the EU and a 'Brexit' will ensure another Scots referendum on remaining in the Union

Offline Manny

« Reply #259 on: December 02, 2018, 09:27:57 AM »

What Rosco isn't telling you is that Scotland wants to remain in the EU and a 'Brexit' will ensure another Scots referendum on remaining in the Union

Scotland doesn't get a vote on its own as it isnt an independent country.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #260 on: December 02, 2018, 12:36:52 PM »

Agreed ... so you didn't properly read what I wrote ...

IF the UK govt 'brexits' with a crap deal or no deal  - the likelihood is that Scotland would want another vote on remaining part of the UK ... 

Then the English can work out how to handle another EU frontier

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #261 on: December 02, 2018, 01:27:00 PM »

And Moby yet again talks rubbish. There’s still a nationalist movement in Scotland but all the recent polls suggest there’s no appetite for independence. If a referendum was called tomorrow, Scotland would still remain in the UK.

60% of Scots voted to remain in the EU and 40% wished to leave. The whole of Scotland doesn’t want to remain in the EU, as Moby suggests. The UK wants to leave the EU yet he struggles to admit that.

Why do you lie about everything Moby?

Online 2tallbill

« Reply #262 on: January 09, 2019, 10:39:17 AM »
Then the English can work out how to handle another EU frontier

It's not the English it's the UK, do you have rocks for brains?!?!?!!

How many times did you piously pound that down anybody's throat
on every single time anybody said the word England or Brit?
Did the Welsh leave the UK? Did they call it Taffex?
FSUW are not for entry level daters. FSUW don't do vague FSUW like a man of action so be a man of action  If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane. There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Kiss the girl, don't ask her first.
Get an apartment not a hotel. DON'T recycle girls

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #263 on: January 09, 2019, 03:35:14 PM »
The East Midlands village that I call home voted to stay in the EU. Should we have a binding independence vote?

Somehow, not even the most ardent remainer in the village has started a campaign in the local newsletter advocating an independence movement. What actually happened was that we all understood that we were a part of a larger group called Great Britain and that the entire group had taken part in a vote where we all understood the rules and the question and had agreed to stand by the outcome. That's pretty much how a democracy works. Those who did not get what they wanted do not get to keep on moaning about it and agitating to change the rules to suit themselves, they get on and work to make their society as good as it can be along with the majority.

But yes there are dishonest people and genuine 'losers' - often one and the same person who do as moby does, but yeah, moby.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Wiz

« Reply #264 on: January 09, 2019, 07:11:17 PM »
Anybody who want to understand Moby's behaviour..... just read this article about Ian Paisley and you may understand his stupid mentality!

Every time I read comments from Noby.... he reminds me of Ian Paisley intragenent mentality. Even if you decide to agree with his stated views.....he will change his stance........ just to be a thick Northern Irish mental case.

Don't expect of him a reasonable and productive conversation. It's his make up..... to be belligerent and a Pain In the Ass (PIA) with a very stupid mentality.

Haven't you notice his debating and writing style?

He can only deal, each time, with very short sentences. That is how narrow mind he is.... and I feel sorry for the poor Irish git!

Andrew BTW you hit the spot with your comments about his stylish  attire...
doesn't he remind you of the ...Manuel at Faulty Towers?

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #265 on: January 10, 2019, 02:20:46 PM »
Wiz,

While I am not very knowledgeable of Irish politics there is very little to recommend in the life of I. Paisley. His legacy is one of hatred and bellicose actions to those that dissent with him. The same holds true for Moby.

It is a indeed a very good comparison.

Fortunately for greater mankind they will never know Moby, sadly he is part of our landscape.

Av
   tiphat
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Registration