The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: If I disliked Russia I would be an enthusiastic Putin supporter like you.  (Read 19191 times)

Offline Anteros

• Trips: 1-5
AvHdB, you DO know how US foreign aid works don't you?

No, probably not. You probably have the misinformed notion that it is a form of charity designed to enrich and enlighten people in poorer places. Don't worry, lots of Americans think that and then get a surprise when they do some learning.

By the way, how do you manage to be so misinformed as to think that Russia has any desire to 'take over' Ukraine?

Might I commend you to read about the reunification of East and West Germany and the costs incurred upon the German economy and people. When you have understood the magnitude of such an undertaking you might want to apprise yourself of the basics of the Russian economy so that you can understand how such a feat is entirely outside the envelope of Russian capabilities.

That's right it did cost West Germany a ton of money because everything the former Soviet Union and Vlad touches turns to sh*t.

In regards to it being a feat "entirely outside of the envelope of Russian capabilities" maybe Russia should stop invading and destroying their neighbors territories and worry about fixing their own internal problems.  :'(

Do you drink during the day?  ;D

In all seriousness I don't drink at all.  Last time I had just half a beer was three months ago.
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident

No, probably not. You probably have the misinformed notion that it is a form of charity designed to enrich and enlighten people in poorer places. Don't worry, lots of Americans think that and then get a surprise when they do some learning.

By the way, how do you manage to be so misinformed as to think that Russia has any desire to 'take over' Ukraine?

Might I commend you to read about the reunification of East and West Germany and the costs incurred upon the German economy and people. When you have understood the magnitude of such an undertaking you might want to apprise yourself of the basics of the Russian economy so that you can understand how such a feat is entirely outside the envelope of Russian capabilities.

That's right it did cost West Germany a ton of money because everything the former Soviet Union and Vlad touches turns to sh*t.

In regards to it being a feat "entirely outside of the envelope of Russian capabilities" maybe Russia should stop invading and destroying their neighbors territories and worry about fixing their own internal problems.  :'(

In all seriousness I don't drink at all.  Last time I had just half a beer was three months ago.

Smoking something then??
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Anteros

Smoking something then??

Nope.  I just speak the truth.  Do you deny that East Germany was in poor shape after nearly 50 years of Russian forced "soviet" communism, under the leadership of Colonel Vladimir Putin in Dresden?

Do you deny that Eastern Ukraine is now a total mess?  Want to F something up?  Just send in the Russians.  :smokin:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
It is clear that the ant has a very tenuous connection with the real world that is for sure. After all, most of us are well aware that the reunification process had been going on for years before Putin was elected to president and also that one thing that can hardly be said is that the East German project has turned out badly - expensive a dead weight, but for the region, it worked out quite well.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member

Smoking something then??

Nope.  I just speak the truth.  Do you deny that East Germany was in poor shape after nearly 50 years of Russian forced "soviet" communism, under the leadership of Colonel Vladimir Putin in Dresden?

Do you deny that Eastern Ukraine is now a total mess?  Want to F something up?  Just send in the Russians.  :smokin:

Your totally crazy!!! Your government has been murdering people for years! Bush murdered over 100,000 innocent people.. poking his beak in.
If it comes to WW3 Im going to have to shoot you first!!  :8)

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20

Surely the irony can't be lost on poor ant.

Some would say that everything the USA touches turns to shit and that the USA should stop invading and destroying territories and concentrate on fixing their own internal problems.

Honestly.....it's so uncanny.

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Your totally crazy!!! Your government has been murdering people for years! Bush murdered over 100,000 innocent people.. poking his beak in.

Do you care to tell us the death toll in and around Grozny of civilians (women and children)?

“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member

Do you care to tell us the death toll in and around Grozny of civilians (women and children)?

Im not sure about that.. very few in the grand scale of things if you added up all the innocent people including kids the US is responsible for killing in the last few decades. I can remember the exact amount for Vietnam but a few I guess.. Im guessing it would run into the millions??

Grozny ?

Offline AvHdB

Im not sure about that.. very few in the grand scale of things if you added up all the innocent people including kids the US is responsible for killing in the last few decades. I can remember the exact amount for Vietnam but a few I guess.. Im guessing it would run into the millions??

Grozny ?

Nice Moby swerve.  :thumbsup:

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member

Grozny ?

http://thevietnamwar.info/how-many-people-died-in-the-vietnam-war/  1.3 million

http://www.countercurrents.org/lucas240407.htm

You think I'm interested in a few deaths down in Grozny ?  :chuckle:

Offline Wiz

• Spouses Country: Russia

Whoever becomes a president .... it will be the same old story.

In your comments you forgot to take into consideration the pentagon and the army suppliers that keep the US economy moving!

I suspect you are largely correct, a prior president warned about this.

The Wall Street does not produce any added value for your GDP, only spread debt around the globe.

Amusing stupidity, but some one has to earn some bread. Certainly would not like to see Wall Street types repairing the sewers.

Why Russia should pay for reparations in East Ukraine when it is your stooge Poroshenko together with the CIA director J. Brennan, who started bombing Dombass and killed 1000's innocent people.

Russia is paying already the price by accepting over a million refuges from that part of Ukraine!

This has been discussed elsewhere on RUA, and while I doubt the numbers Mark presented, in total there might be and it is a big might a million who have fled, the majority to Kiev, still the capital of Ukraine. A country that Putin would like to absorb. Since Putin's actions have destroyed this region the Kremlin should indeed pay for the repairs.

It seems your selfish ego is greater than Presidential hopefuls. Why do you not run for Parliment you can rant there. Or RUA can take a collection up and buy you a better soap box for you to moan and groan on. The weather is getting better so enjoy the views.

The US create the mess around the world...... invade, bomb and destroy countries but.... never pay.

If you look at foreign aid and compare Russia's to the United States you will see that the US spends more. In fact just a wee bit more than the rest of the world combined. Because you did not get any change is not my problem. Maybe you can say you are a native of Somalia who is Jewish and are a cross dresser, with gender issues. In fact this would not surprise anyone on RUA if this was the truth & who knows what Uncle Sam might give you.

Watch the NATO deployment in Eastern Europe...... and see what is coming next! :smokin:

4,000 soldiers rotating in and out on a monthly basis in Eastern Europe. What is the problem? I sort of doubt anyone in the Kremlin is worried, but it keeps allot of reporters trolls busy.

This is my attempt at a Cuffy rant, I feel I need to keep on practicing.

I am sorry but you have not the foggiest idea about economics , so I have no intention wasting my time with your silly comments.

In your effort to ridicule my comments...... you tried to make yourself look "like a clever genius"  BUT with your comments "About amusing stupidity",  you proved your ignorance.

Well those on RUA who understand economics......... told you in a polite way what they think about your comments!

Talking about Trolls, that remind me: "The pot calling the kettle black"...... talking for your self is very amusing!

No Need for me to add anything more. :smokin:
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
My MA was partly Economics, a quarter of it, Economics, Accounting, Law and another one I forgot, Sociology I think (boring)

Still don't understand it.....
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Anteros

Surely the irony can't be lost on poor Anteros.

Some would say that everything the USA touches turns to shit and that the USA should stop invading and destroying territories and concentrate on fixing their own internal problems.

Honestly.....it's so uncanny.

What is uncanny is that Russia wants to be a super power again and be more like the USA.  :ROFL:

Offline Wiz

What is uncanny is that Russia wants to be a super power again and be more like the USA.  :ROFL:

Russia it is a nuclear power, like it or not, has modernised its army and have shown you what they can do, with minimal numbers in Syria. It was very important the current leadership, when it took over, to modernise its arm forces to be able to protect its people from American aggression.

The USA want to have a monopoly status around the globe but Russia does not accept that anymore and looks that lately you made up your mind that you will have to share influence in certain parts of the world.

It is pretty obvious that in Syria you made a deal with Russia, so they reduced their actions…. But still protecting their friends and own interests. The Pipeline from Qatar to Med…..will never be build.

The US and its allies tried second time to bankrupt Russia and failed because Putin started preparations since 2006. Last time I looked Russia had 1450 tones of gold…. Can you tell us what are the gold reserves of USA?

Finally the Russian bear is not afraid of direct confrontation with the USA and have shown you that many times. Watch the next actions of Putin to clear up the Neoliberal Atlantis's supporters of your type of policies.... and Democracy! :evilgrin0002:
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline Manny

Russia it is a nuclear power, like it or not, has modernised its army and have shown you what they can do, with minimal numbers in Syria. It was very important the current leadership, when it took over, to modernise its arm forces to be able to protect its people from American aggression.

The USA want to have a monopoly status around the globe but Russia does not accept that anymore and looks that lately you made up your mind that you will have to share influence in certain parts of the world.

It is pretty obvious that in Syria you made a deal with Russia, so they reduced their actions…. But still protecting their friends and own interests. The Pipeline from Qatar to Med…..will never be build.

The US and its allies tried second time to bankrupt Russia and failed because Putin started preparations since 2006. Last time I looked Russia had 1450 tones of gold…. Can you tell us what are the gold reserves of USA?

Finally the Russian bear is not afraid of direct confrontation with the USA and have shown you that many times. Watch the next actions of Putin to clear up the Neoliberal Atlantis's supporters of your type of policies.... and Democracy! :evilgrin0002:

^^ Agree with Wiz.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED

Russia it is a nuclear power, like it or not, has modernised its army and have shown you what they can do, with minimal numbers in Syria.

:chuckle: It has the support of a dictator a naval base...and has TOTAL air supremacy... :coffeeread:

What is the basis for this funny notion .... ? The fact that Kremlin has shown it will physically interfere in neighbouring nations  ? All that has done is added to the list of nations wishing to join NATO...To me that's a foreign policy FAIL...

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline AvHdB

so I have no intention wasting my time with your silly comments.

Please will you follow your own advice. (If you need help with a soap box let us know.)

you tried to make yourself look "like a clever genius"  BUT with your comments "About amusing stupidity",  you proved your ignorance.

While some women and other dealers consider me clever, I think it is more due to curiosity. As for genius some have said that about me before. In fact I have one skill that in addition to your amusing stupidity, you lack and that is common sense.

No Need for me to add anything more. :smokin:

Keep on :smokin: but try not to post for 8 about hours after doing this. And maybe you need a new supplier, spend a few quid more I understand the after effects will be less, but you are the knowledgeable one in this area.

Offline Wiz

Russia it is a nuclear power, like it or not, has modernised its army and have shown you what they can do, with minimal numbers in Syria.

:chuckle: It has the support of a dictator a naval base...and has TOTAL air supremacy... :coffeeread:

Makes no difference, the US knew about it BUT illegally were invading Syrian air space.
Russians were playing fair, stuck to their agreements with Kerry, advising the US in advance for their operations and paid with the lives of two of its pilots. Unlike the devious and dishonest US and Obama who gave permission to their lackey Ertogan in Antalya to shoot the Russian planes, ..... inside Syrian airspace. It is well know fact that the Turkish jets were loitering around the area, where the Russian jets would fly.

A). What is the basis for this funny notion .... ?

B).The fact that Kremlin has shown it will physically interfere in neighbouring nations  ?

All that has done is added to the list of nations wishing to join NATO...To me that's a foreign policy FAIL...

NOBY

Your Above comments prove that you are not that knowledgeable about Russia, and its internal affair, as you claim!

A). Putin is the unchallenged and beloved leader of all the Russian people, with a popularity of 85%, unlike any other leader on the world. He is an extremely effective manager, a defender of the simple Russian people everywhere and it is my understanding that he is the last recourse for those who have been wronged by the authorities. Right now, nobody in Russia dares to criticize Putin personally, not because some KGB boys are going to come in the night and take you away, like the Stalin years but simply because bad mouthing Putin is now tantamount to political suicide.

A lot of Russian people are hurting, badly. Not because of the sanctions or the drop in the prices of gas and oil, but because of the corruption, incompetence and ideological blindness of the “economic block of the Russian government”. The economy is a mess due to corrupt governors, lazy government bureaucrats and outright sabotage by a quasi-universally hated “economic block of the government”. Sanctions (especially the denial of credits) and the fall in the price of oil do make things worse, but they are not the real problem or even a major part of the problem.

The individuals responsible for this mess are regularly mentioned on TV, by name. Putin himself who, when directly asked, praises the work of the government’s ministers. Everybody else, however, including all the opposition figures are now openly calling not only for resignations but even for jail terms for the guilty governors and even ministers. While Medvedev himself is rarely the personal target of such denunciations, Arkadii Dvorkovich (Deputy Prime Minister), Igor Shuvalov (First Deputy Prime Minister), Alexei Uliukaev (Minister of Economic Development) and Anton Siluanov (Minister of Finance) are now “openly hated” on Russian TV.

I read the above info at places you will not bother reading as you following the line… of your handlers.

B). Name just a few?

C). Which countries want to join NATO?

The Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland joined NATO in (1999), Bulgaria, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia (2004), and Albania and Croatia (2009). FYROM (Former Republic of Macedonia) there is a Greek Veto. Ukraine forgets it for now ….. and also Moldova too. MonteNegro there is an article on this board... read it!

I forgot Georgia, when the American agent Suck_my_willy was a president, but he escape to a new μισσιον, in Odessa. Big mistake by Putin not to take over Georgia, as many Georgian people wanted at the time. Abkhasia it's in every way connected and supported by Russia, as before their independence.

Where else the US is putting their nose? ..... Tell us please to learn about your mission.

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea

Grozny ?

http://thevietnamwar.info/how-many-people-died-in-the-vietnam-war/  1.3 million

http://www.countercurrents.org/lucas240407.htm

You think I'm interested in a few deaths down in Grozny ?  :chuckle:
According to Wikipedia it wasn't even in the 10k region.

1.3k Russian military wounded and 369 casualties. Grozny militia suffered around 700 deaths before surrendering.

The civilian population is assumed to have double death count because of heavy shelling.

Right, so thats about 10k MAX deaths.

Nice swerve though, trying to bring up "grozny" as if its important in the grand scheme of things.
People apparently also keep trying to forget how "grozny" came into being. One cannot keep poking a sleeping bear with a stick and expect it to never hit you because its much, much stronger.

Mark
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria