The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russian Grand Prix 2016  (Read 1708 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Russian Grand Prix 2016
« Reply #45 on: May 05, 2016, 07:08:04 AM »
I'm lucky enough to have a Pass for the Russian Grand Prix at Sochi - in addition to tickets for Grandstand tickets for the whole event.

Tuesday sees the teams setting up their garages and hospitality centres - for Sunday's race - but the practice sessions start on Friday.

I live about 25 km - 15 miles from the circuit and a train drops us off 200m from the entrance to the circuit

Security is VERY tight and I saw THREE warships stationed off the coast on the beautiful train ride home. Putin will be here......

I'll be taking photos of the event and posting them here - if you aren't interested in F1 - then I'm sorry ... I expect I'll have some photos of the staff - sooner or later - they are smart - mostly speaking perfect English and single young men  would be in heaven..

Is that a Tesco sandwich board you are walking about with? they have Tesco's in Sochi?

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #46 on: May 13, 2016, 01:04:52 AM »

Is that a Tesco sandwich board you are walking about with? they have Tesco's in Sochi?

Perspective... the 'sandwich board' is 10cm x 13cm

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #47 on: May 13, 2016, 02:14:28 AM »
I'm lucky enough to have a Pass for the Russian Grand Prix at Sochi - in addition to tickets for Grandstand tickets for the whole event.

Tuesday sees the teams setting up their garages and hospitality centres - for Sunday's race - but the practice sessions start on Friday.

I live about 25 km - 15 miles from the circuit and a train drops us off 200m from the entrance to the circuit

Security is VERY tight and I saw THREE warships stationed off the coast on the beautiful train ride home. Putin will be here......

I'll be taking photos of the event and posting them here - if you aren't interested in F1 - then I'm sorry ... I expect I'll have some photos of the staff - sooner or later - they are smart - mostly speaking perfect English and single young men  would be in heaven..

When I see that all I can think of is this scene.

https://youtu.be/edc9wyBCGCQ

When are the photos going up Smite?
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!