The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Is it responsible to raise a family in FSU if better options are available?  (Read 830 times)

Offline D.Pernauld

I live in Vienna, Austria, and this is a good a place to live in and raise a family. I run an internet based business that I could run from pretty much anywhere, with occasional visits to Austria. I don't have strong ties to my family, in fact, it would be nice to live far away from them. I've been considering moving to the FSU and find myself a nice woman there and stay with her and raise a family. However, having kids it's not about yourself or your wife, it's about your kids. If I raise kids in Russia, they will have far less opportunities later in life than if I raise them in Vienna. What do you guys say, is it irresponsible to raise kids in the FSU if far better options are available?

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
I live in Vienna, Austria, and this is a good a place to live in and raise a family. I run an internet based business that I could run from pretty much anywhere, with occasional visits to Austria. I don't have strong ties to my family, in fact, it would be nice to live far away from them. I've been considering moving to the FSU and find myself a nice woman there and stay with her and raise a family. However, having kids it's not about yourself or your wife, it's about your kids. If I raise kids in Russia, they will have far less opportunities later in life than if I raise them in Vienna. What do you guys say, is it irresponsible to raise kids in the FSU if far better options are available?

You have me confused.. on thread you are asking about dating sites for E.European ladies already settled in the west - and here you are considering going to live in the FSU

First sort out your 'issues' with your family - as such a schism is a bit of a red flag to most folk.

Kids brought up in Ukraine / Russia / Belarus-  that I've met  - are well-educated. If you are their step-father - they will be able to travel / work in Europe  - thus giving them the opportunity to choose
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Registration