The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russian entertainment personalities.  (Read 2840 times)

Offline sailor291

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
Russian entertainment personalities.
« on: April 18, 2016, 07:51:40 AM »
After 17 years being married to a UW, we on and off have Russian language TV in our home.  I have come to the conclusion that there are only about a dozen Russian TV/Movie/Singing personalities.   I know i am making a broad generalization, but it seems that the same singers and or entertainers are on every Russian show.  Game show, variety show, talk show, you name it and its the same people.  My wife likes to watch KVN that comedy skit show and I swear its the same people competing on it each and every year and being judged by the exact same judges too. 

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Russian entertainment personalities.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2016, 11:38:11 AM »
 :chuckle:

Many favourites are clearly reliant on botox, mascara and wigs ... but the ruskies do love their pre-recorded extravaganzas ...many of them who have made their names camping up..

I'm seeing more of the younger generation breaking through... things are improving ...

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic