The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Bags packed waiting on the border!  (Read 793 times)

Offline Dogsoldier

• Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
Re: Bags packed waiting on the border!
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2016, 04:25:42 PM »
When Romania joined the Eu and the people of Romania were allowed to visit/work or what ever in the EU they had their bags packed and were sat at the border 11.59 ready to leave the following day :)

Steveboy, that was the 'fear' ... the reality was somewhat different .. The Romanians and Bulgarians had special restrictions put on them by several EU states - incl. the UK - they needed work permits and couldn't just tip up and claim benefits.. I well remember the news channels waiting and being disappointed...
No they didn't.
Moby, if you look at my original response above you will see that it was in relation to your stating that the A2 workers needed work permits.
Were there restrictions in place on them working in the UK? Yes, of course they were.
Did they need work permits, as you have said? No, they didn't.
All I know is that Moby knows nothing - Plato

Offline Dogsoldier

• Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2016, 04:29:22 PM »

You really should do your homework. Find out what a work permit is, which  c u n tries nationals require them and about accession country workrsrights.

DS / Gypo

There was a time from 2007-2010 when I knew more about accession rights than Cypriot , Irish and British Immigration control employees.... I have the letters from all three to prove it...
Yes, of course you did. I'll believe you if it makes you feel better.......
Rather than posting nonsense - tell us I'm wrong about the restrictions on the right to seek work placed on Romanians and Bulgarians for 7 years...
^^ See my previous post.
DS you really should know better - but you think RIBS can't be speed boats  :chuckle:
I think one can distinguish between the two. Stop making an ass out of yourself.
All I know is that Moby knows nothing - Plato

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2016, 01:09:48 AM »
DS

Romania / Bulgarians - instead of telling us I'm an 'ass'... kindly tell us - was there restrictions places on these nationals - by the UK - re working until 2014 - YES or NO...?

https://www.admin.ox.ac.uk/personnel/permits/employbrn/

Now, to correct the BS  - here's another article demonstrating the 'dreaded influx' predicted n early 2014 didn't happen

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/2014/05/romanian-and-bulgarian-stats-show-immigration-scaremongering

''Romanian and Bulgarian stats show up immigration scaremongering
The lifting of restrictions has had no significant impact on the number working in the UK.''

Re 'speedboats'

I certainly know the difference between a Rib and a conventional speedboat  - but most folks don't make that distinction - IF you'd checked - you'd find the 'speedboats' used in the DM article were .... Ribs  :chuckle: