The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Bags packed waiting on the border!  (Read 793 times)

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Bags packed waiting on the border!
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2016, 05:12:04 AM »

No they didn't.

You didn't get the memo  :ROFL:  ?

From a site you might like to familiarise yourself with .

It covers the time I refer to

''Nationals of Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovenia and Slovakia may face temporary restrictions on working in another country, but for no more than 7 years after their countries joined the EU (Bulgaria and Romania joined on 1 January 2007, all the others on 1 May 2004).''

http://immigrationmatters.co.uk/free-movement-of-eu-nationals-explained.html

Offline Dogsoldier

• Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2016, 05:22:28 AM »
Im glad Im out of the EU.. The UK has changed considerably over the last 10 years even. Were visiting London next month and I'm already not looking forward to it. London is not the place it used to be :(
True, its a craphole.
10/20 years its just going to be a flea pit, only the wealthy will live there who can afford a gated or secure accommodation. Anyone else with just have to live in the hell hole, it will be like the city in the classic movie "Blade Runner"
It already is.
I think the best option today is to live in International waters on a small island or a nice big boat away from all the shit that goes on in this planet :travel:
If you have £20 million spare, something like this.
All I know is that Moby knows nothing - Plato

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2016, 08:18:17 AM »
Im glad Im out of the EU.. The UK has changed considerably over the last 10 years even. Were visiting London next month and I'm already not looking forward to it. London is not the place it used to be :(
True, its a craphole.
10/20 years its just going to be a flea pit, only the wealthy will live there who can afford a gated or secure accommodation. Anyone else with just have to live in the hell hole, it will be like the city in the classic movie "Blade Runner"
It already is.
I think the best option today is to live in International waters on a small island or a nice big boat away from all the shit that goes on in this planet :travel:

Thats the exact boat I want! I could live there "a Lord to myself and answerable to none" perfect!

Offline Dogsoldier

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2016, 08:38:46 AM »
True, its a craphole.
It already is.

Thats the exact boat I want! I could live there "a Lord to myself and answerable to none" perfect!
Better hope your new look website can deliver the keys.......

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2016, 09:08:15 AM »
True, its a craphole.
It already is.

3/5 years watch this space...Im a doer not a talker.. :8)

Offline Dogsoldier

« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2016, 09:14:34 AM »
True, its a craphole.
It already is.

I expect a nice cruise, no less.  :laugh:

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2016, 09:22:10 AM »
True, its a craphole.
It already is.

I expect a nice cruise, no less.  :laugh:

Of course !! Unfortunately there will be no lefties any where to be seen , If I don't like the look of you you don't sail .. No human rights sorry  :laugh:

And just incase we cross some rubber dinghies some where out there I will not be towing them back any where. The harpoon gun will be used   tiphat

If Moby just happens to be in the dinghy, tough luck mate, your going to the ocean bed  :laugh:

Offline Manny

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2016, 11:15:30 AM »

It didn't stop millions of them coming, Mr Corbyn.

Your 'millions' are a vital digit short of fact

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31519319

Well first, you quote the governments lefty propaganda channel.  (:)

Even if it were true, that only refers to "workers" who are registered. Most work black and/or claim benefits.

As we know from experience with the Polish, you can generally double or even quadruple any number given out by the government. The truth is they don't know how many are here. And don't pretend you don't know that.

Online msmoby

« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2016, 11:25:39 AM »

Well first, you quote the governments lefty propaganda channel. 

now who really is swerving  ? do you doubt the figures ?

Even if it were true, that only refers to "workers" who are registered. Most work black and/or claim benefits.

big swerve ...

SO, 'they ' either fly under the radar or claim benefits... ?

You haven't got the first clue ... geting govt' 'handouts' isn't as easy as DM readers think ..

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2016, 11:47:39 AM »

No they didn't.

''Nationals of Bulgaria, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Hungary, Poland, Romania, Slovenia and Slovakia may face temporary restrictions on working in another country, but for no more than 7 years after their countries joined the EU (Bulgaria and Romania joined on 1 January 2007, all the others on 1 May 2004).''

They did not, nothing other than a register was implemented, where they were required to register for their first 12 months stay, this was from 2004, when Bulgaria and Romania joined in 2007, the register had long been abandoned.

HTH

Offline Manny

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2016, 11:54:39 AM »
geting govt' 'handouts' isn't as easy as DM readers think ..

No, its even easier. Why we pay over a million quid a week in Child benefit to Polish kids who live in Poland: http://www.migrationwatchuk.org/briefing-paper/288

Really, learn something. Your fuzzy-thinking leftism is blinding you to reality. Either that or you are simply being dishonest for the sake of trolling.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2016, 12:05:55 PM »

It didn't stop millions of them coming, Mr Corbyn.

Your 'millions' are a vital digit short of fact

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31519319

Well first, you quote the governments lefty propaganda channel.  (:)

As we know from experience with the Polish, you can generally double or even quadruple any number given out by the government. The truth is they don't know how many are here. And don't pretend you don't know that.

The government really did not know, this is correct, only EU workers new to the country, and working for a company were required to register, those working for agencies were not required to register.

Many companies used this and took workers only from agencies, as it was the cheapest option..

EU workers who could prove that they were doing legal work were entitled to the same Social benefits as UK workers.

HTH

Offline Dogsoldier

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2016, 12:09:34 PM »

No they didn't.

You really should do your homework. Find out what a work permit is, which  c u n tries nationals require them and about accession country workrsrights.

Online msmoby

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2016, 12:40:50 PM »

You really should do your homework. Find out what a work permit is, which  c u n tries nationals require them and about accession country workrsrights.

DS / Gypo

There was a time from 2007-2010 when I knew more about accession rights than Cypriot , Irish and British Immigration control employees.... I have the letters from all three to prove it...

Rather than posting nonsense - tell us I'm wrong about the restrictions on the right to seek work placed on Romanians and Bulgarians for 7 years...

DS you really should know better - but you think RIBS can't be speed boats  :chuckle:

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2016, 01:47:18 PM »

DS / Gypo

There was a time from 2007-2010 when I knew more about accession rights than Cypriot , Irish and British Immigration control employees.... I have the letters from all three to prove it...

Rather than posting nonsense - tell us I'm wrong about the restrictions on the right to seek work placed on Romanians and Bulgarians for 7 years...

DS you really should know better - but you think RIBS can't be speed boats  :chuckle:

One would presume that your knowledge of accession rights related mainly to the bring into the UK a foreign spouse under the EU ruling which you used, which I would suggest is a little bit different to the rights of EU subjects to enter and work in the UK..

I cannot comment upon what restrictions Bulgaria and Romanians faced, I can only comment upon my own experiences with workers from the EU.
From 2004 onwards, EU subjects (Less the 2 aforementioned countries subjects),  were in plentiful supply and as stated, apart from the, at the time, National EU workers register, (which few actually used/took notice of), there were NO restrictions placed on to them regarding work.

From 2007, Bulgarians and Romanians joined into the fray...But, by then, the register had been discontinued.