The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russian Subtitle Source  (Read 1925 times)

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
Russian Subtitle Source
« on: April 01, 2016, 03:19:10 PM »
Got MIL here again, last time she got addicted to Gavin and Stacey, got up to series 2 with Nads pausing to explain the dialogue every 5 mins. She was exhausted!

Got series 3 prepared but while subs abound for Series 1 and 2 can't find any for series 3. In the interim got subs for Happy Valley and she's well happy...

Any ideas?
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Gipsy

Re: Russian Subtitle Source
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 08:28:36 PM »
Got MIL here again, last time she got addicted to Gavin and Stacey, got up to series 2 with Nads pausing to explain the dialogue every 5 mins. She was exhausted!

Got series 3 prepared but while subs abound for Series 1 and 2 can't find any for series 3. In the interim got subs for Happy Valley and she's well happy...

Any ideas?

http://www.opensubtitles.org/en/ssearch/sublanguageid-rus/idmovie-30965

This may help....
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Ste

• RIP
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 07:24:15 AM »

Any ideas?

This may help....

Cheers tried that one and all the others that Google throws up, nichego. Will have to try some Russian ones I think...

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2016, 08:37:29 AM »

Any ideas?

This may help....

Cheers tried that one and all the others that Google throws up, nichego. Will have to try some Russian ones I think...

You may find it on "Shareman", it what erindoors uses mostly, dunno if it will be on there, but worth a go..
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 10:53:42 AM »
Can't you still watch HV with subtitles - on iplayer  ?

Time to buy a decent freesat receiver - Humax - make the best - and record decent series - with the subtitles turned on... 

SC watched Ceebeebies, graduated to CBBC and likes to 'detective series' re-runs on ITV be [ Vera, etc., ]
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Ste

• RIP
Russian Subtitle Source
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2016, 03:23:57 PM »
Can't you still watch HV with subtitles - on iplayer  ?

Time to buy a decent freesat receiver - Humax - make the best - and record decent series - with the subtitles turned on... 

SC watched Ceebeebies, graduated to CBBC and likes to 'detective series' re-runs on ITV be [ Vera, etc., ]

It's Russian subtitles we want, for Nad's mum. Got the Happy Valley ones anyway, that was easy.

Gavin and Stacey Series 3 is the issue, can't find them anywhere.

Still, BBC's production of War and Peace is next, who says the licence fee isn't worth it? ;)

The Humax HD PVR I had was utter shit, Sky box much better, might go for the Q thing next cos I need a new telly for UHD anyway, and I want a bigger one, 55" seems too small now..

Offline Net_Lenka

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2016, 03:59:06 PM »
http://turkcinema.tv/england-serials/gevin-i-steysi--serial-gavin---stacey.html
Could it help?

Happy Valley
http://turkcinema.tv/england-serials/schastlivaya-dolina--serial-happy-valley.html
-------------
 It seems there was not professional translation for  Steysi&Gavin season 3 in Russian . So hardly you would find russian subtitles.
Tthough I can't get what for she needs them as it's possible to find the season  on-line with russian track

https://mvsubtitles.com/gavin-stacey/english-subtitles/646738 --- here is English subtitles - for any case
- А Вы кто такой будете?
-Тьфу на Вас
-А фамилия Ваша как?  -Тьфу на Вас еще раз .. а фамилия моя слишком известная, чтобы я её называл

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2016, 11:25:28 PM »

It's Russian subtitles we want, for Nad's mum. Got the Happy Valley ones anyway, that was easy.

Gavin and Stacey Series 3 is the issue, can't find them anywhere.

Still, BBC's production of War and Peace is next, who says the licence fee isn't worth it? ;)

Duh...got it,  now..

The Humax HD PVR I had was utter shit, Sky box much better, might go for the Q thing next cos I need a new telly for UHD anyway, and I want a bigger one, 55" seems too small now..

1/ the tuner in the Humax is eons better that SKY HD boxes...they work in a signal area where the SKY box gives up..Did you hate the software?

2./ You have to take SKY's broadband to use Q...Uses Fibre optic lnb... to allow all the recordings / watching in multiple places....Much neater install.

3/ 55'' + tv ?   A/V equiv of big car penis substitute ?))

Offline Ste

• RIP
Russian Subtitle Source
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2016, 07:49:31 AM »
1. Hated the EPG and worse, the remote, you had to point it at such a narrow arc or nothing would happen..

2. Open to BT broadband soon. I have infinity.

3. More like eyes going! Massive living room, even current telly looks small in it, might try a curved one, tho folks say they're pretty pointless.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2016, 10:06:44 AM »
1. Hated the EPG and worse, the remote, you had to point it at such a narrow arc or nothing would happen..

2. Open to BT broadband soon. I have infinity.

3. More like eyes going! Massive living room, even current telly looks small in it, might try a curved one, tho folks say they're pretty pointless.

We got a biggie (55") last year for the same reason, erindoors was complaining of headaches after watching the box before bed, Optician blamed the small 32" tv, so it went to a new home pdq..

Now, no more headaches when going to bed.... :whist11:

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2016, 10:37:31 AM »
For over decade I had no TV at all. I got one so that a girlfriend could maintain her addiction to Dom2 whilst chez moi. But then I gave in and got a 42" thingy back when 42" seemed big.

Now I have to replace it, when I were a lad they made TVs to last a decade or more, this one, a Samsung plasma, lasted about 5 years. Maybe I should've bought the extended warranty (except the cost of the warranty would have been most of the cost of buying a similar product today).

Those 55" sets look quite attractive now - and the prices, just silly money. (cheap that is)
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Manny

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2016, 04:22:58 PM »
Samsung make crappy tellies and even worse sat boxes, I avoid Samsung altogether now since I had a sat box that was never right and a telly that was always fuzzy compared to my JVC.
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2016, 10:25:53 PM »
I confess that I liked the picture quality of the TV better than others of its peers. It was why I bought it. The plasma display was nicer to watch and the image more 'filmlike'. It seems that the fault is a very common one, in the US there was a recall of many models including mine to fix the issue,  related to the remote control.
Sadly, no such luck here and past its fifth birthday. So, I will probably put the repair money toward a new TV.

I  took a shufti at new TVs the other day and liked the prices but the hyper sharp digital look turned me off.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2016, 07:11:18 AM »
Samsung make crappy tellies and even worse sat boxes, I avoid Samsung altogether now since I had a sat box that was never right and a telly that was always fuzzy compared to my JVC.

I cannot comment on your personal experience - I'll simply remind you that they sell more phones for a reason...TVs I'd stick to Panasonic

Registration