The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Shipping to Ukraine  (Read 833 times)

Offline headslash

• Trips: None Yet
Shipping to Ukraine
« on: March 15, 2016, 09:56:20 AM »
I want to send a small package containing a stuffed animal and a couple bares of dark chocolate to a ladies daughter for her birthday on april 1. Since I live in the US and there is a post office two doors down from my business, is this possible? The USPS's web site doesn't have Ukraine as a destination on their customs page. :'(
Help me out guys. :thumbsup:

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Shipping to Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 10:51:24 AM »
The USPS's web site doesn't have Ukraine as a destination on their customs page. :'(

https://ircalc.usps.com/MailServices.aspx?country=10439&m=6&p=4&o=0
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline headslash

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 11:04:19 AM »
Thanks Manny, the customs page is giving me fits. Ukraine isn't listed as a destination. and the office next to me is a contract office. Looks like I'm going to the real post office.

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2016, 11:07:01 AM »
Thanks Manny, the customs page is giving me fits. Ukraine isn't listed as a destination. and the office next to me is a contract office. Looks like I'm going to the real post office.
Send it DHL, FedEx?

Offline headslash

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 02:18:49 PM »
sending flowers and a stuffed animal via Floristik-world.com. No need to worry about customs.

Offline Texan77

• Trips: 20+
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2016, 02:41:41 PM »
I send package from US to Ukraine. I go to the post office and get the forms. Yes you will need a custom form but there will not be a custom charge. The process can be slow and she may not get it in time. They tell me 5 to seven business days then 7 business days after it is still in the US.  When it gets to the Ukraine sometime it goes fast and sometime it does not. It has taken as long as a month for them to get it from the day I send it. My girls son is very understanding and is always very happy no matter when he gets it. 
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline Anteros

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2016, 04:58:58 PM »
I want to send a small package containing a stuffed animal and a couple bares of dark chocolate to a ladies daughter for her birthday on april 1. Since I live in the US and there is a post office two doors down from my business, is this possible? The USPS's web site doesn't have Ukraine as a destination on their customs page. :'(
Help me out guys. :thumbsup:

Read Texan77's post.  Unfortunately I doubt if she will get it in time.  Have you tried to contact Meest?  Good luck.
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.