The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: There has never been a better time to visit Russia..  (Read 568 times)

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
There has never been a better time to visit Russia..
« on: March 11, 2016, 11:34:12 AM »
Moscow and St Petersburg have gone down considerably in the most expensive cities in the world to visit.

http://rbth.com/news/2016/03/11/moscow-exits-list-of-worlds-top-100-most-expensive-cities_574853

We used to pay about 3500 roubles on the Sapsan express train Pitter to Moscow, booked this week to spend a few days in Moscow for 1650 roubles each way 500 roubles for the little one , just £100 return for four of us   :thumbsup:

Offline sparky114

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: There has never been a better time to visit Russia..
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 11:39:49 AM »
On the 10.30 Aeroflot to SVO- ROV Tonight  :king:
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 11:46:39 AM »
Moscow and St Petersburg have gone down considerably in the most expensive cities in the world to visit.

http://rbth.com/news/2016/03/11/moscow-exits-list-of-worlds-top-100-most-expensive-cities_574853

We used to pay about 3500 roubles on the Sapsan express train Pitter to Moscow, booked this week to spend a few days in Moscow for 1650 roubles each way 500 roubles for the little one , just £100 return for four of us   :thumbsup:

Yes, but you don't need a Visa for Ukraine and Russia is evil.

Besides, not as many Russian women on adate.
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 12:01:50 PM »
On the 10.30 Aeroflot to SVO- ROV Tonight  :king:

Enjoy... :thumbsup:

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2016, 12:05:24 PM »

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

I agree that the Russian women are "Evil", but beautiful with it...

The Ukrainian women, well, got some in the family, and TBAH, wouldn't touch them with yours, let alone mine... :ROFL:

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2016, 12:09:31 PM »

Don't forget to pack your suit, you know, the one hanging on your bedroom door.. ;D

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2016, 12:14:10 PM »

Don't forget to pack your suit, you know, the one hanging on your bedroom door.. ;D

Noooooo its the white suit for Moscow!! Time to hit the dance floor  :party0011:

Offline Manny

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2016, 03:13:56 PM »

Now we have a visa centre in Manchester  ;D  and with the Rouble being favourable to the Pound, we are going in a couple of months to Moscow for a long weekend. With the folks travelling up from Samara to say hello. As you do......

My 11 year old lad is coming with us, it will be his first time in Russia. Wifey has found some flights on Finnair that are so cheap they seem almost free, with a shiny new visa centre down the road, the Rouble being such good value, and spiffing cheap flights, it would be rude not to......

Its been a while since I stood on Red Square. I'm looking forward to doing so again. Might even pop into the Russia Insider offices to have a coffee and say hello.

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2016, 05:05:36 AM »

Now we have a visa centre in Manchester  ;D  and with the Rouble being favourable to the Pound, we are going in a couple of months to Moscow for a long weekend. With the folks travelling up from Samara to say hello. As you do......

My 11 year old lad is coming with us, it will be his first time in Russia. Wifey has found some flights on Finnair that are so cheap they seem almost free, with a shiny new visa centre down the road, the Rouble being such good value, and spiffing cheap flights, it would be rude not to......

Its been a while since I stood on Red Square. I'm looking forward to doing so again. Might even pop into the Russia Insider offices to have a coffee and say hello.

:thumbsup:

Offline Wiz

• Greek Home Cookery
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2016, 07:39:23 AM »
Manny

May i remind you not to forget your mission....... in Moscow.

Every little helps. :coffeeread:
"For every beauty there is an eye to see it. For every truth there is an ear to hear it."

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2016, 05:17:10 AM »

The Ukrainian women, well, got some in the family, and TBAH, wouldn't touch them with yours, let alone mine... :ROFL:

It was a tongue in cheek comment Gipknack, what's TBAH? Acutely?

I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2016, 06:31:33 AM »

It was a tongue in cheek comment Gipknack, what's TBAH? Acutely?

That was understood..  Lukie darlin  ;D

TBAH, AKA, To Be Absolutely Honest  :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2016, 04:32:53 AM »
A few helpful tips just incase your worried about visiting Russia and maybe being picked up by the KGB   :hidechair:

http://travel.rbth.com/travel/2016/30/03/5_common_fears_foreign_tourists_have_when_coming_to_russia

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member

Online Tom Cat

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2016, 08:48:14 PM »
Many are finding Russia to be a real value, and great place to visit.

Russia Is a Tourist Hotspot (Video)

http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/russia-laters-tourist-hotspot-video/ri13650
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.