The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Every thing is possible in Russia  (Read 2059 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Every thing is possible in Russia
« on: March 11, 2016, 08:16:22 AM »
Every thing is possible in Russia especially if you pay a little money :laugh:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
Re: Every thing is possible in Russia
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2016, 10:41:00 AM »
You will probably only find these in Russia also ... :ROFL:

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 10:46:14 AM »

Nice bedroom door you've got there steve...   :ROFL:
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2016, 11:21:27 AM »

Nice bedroom door you've got there steve...   :ROFL:

:laugh: :laugh: tiphat

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 10:42:36 AM »
It'd seem that this was a fake.

Here might be the original, still outrageous but at least feasible:

...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 10:56:02 AM »
Do they have planning permission in Russia? Probably, but two bottles of voddy means you can can bypass it.......
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2016, 11:16:33 AM »
Yes, Ste, Russia does have planning permission. From the context though it'd seem that this was actually an apartment in Odessa, which as we all know is part of Ukraine.

CLICK HERE!

Does planning permission exist in Ukraine might thus be a more apposite question and one to which I do not have an answer except to say 'probably'.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2016, 11:18:59 AM »
Do they have planning permission in Russia? Probably, but two bottles of voddy means you can can bypass it.......

Most of the buildings are terribly built! Our apartment block is pretty new, but every thing is NEARLY completed  :laugh: The door way to the lift is wider at the top than the bottom  :laugh: The tiles on the floor are all loose just as you get to the lift! The electrics are bloody awful I don't trust anything, bulbs blow pretty  frequent the lystra are not up flush against the ceiling.. other than that its all ok :chuckle:
Our place is not a cheap apartment either to rent..

Offline Ste

• RIP
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2016, 11:56:39 AM »

Most of the buildings are terribly built! Our apartment block is pretty new, but every thing is NEARLY completed  :laugh: The door way to the lift is wider at the top than the bottom  :laugh: The tiles on the floor are all loose just as you get to the lift! The electrics are bloody awful I don't trust anything, bulbs blow pretty  frequent the lystra are not up flush against the ceiling.. other than that its all ok :chuckle:

Not selling Russia to me lol! Even Spain is better! Think I'll stay in my stone built five bed detached dormer where everything works, even the water stays on and when it does go off very very occasionally, they pay us back!

One time in Chel the water went off without warning for a whole month, I was only there for two weeks at the time but we had to get water from a bowser that turned up occasionally and fill up some of those water bottles from offices that FIL had nicked from somewhere. That's not no HOT water; that's NO water at all. and we were nine floors up...

Even though there's only three of us now in this massive house, I like my space, I could never live in a flat. Plus I can plug in my Rickenbacker, crank up 120 watts, and no-one can hear us, probably.

Every time the current Ms Ste goes home she moans more and more lol!!

She's off to Stuttgart tomorrow night for a week so it's party time at Ste's!!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2016, 12:03:47 PM »

Not selling Russia to me lol! Even Spain is better! Think I'll stay in my stone built five bed detached dormer where everything works, even the water stays on and when it does go off very very occasionally, they pay us back!

One time in Chel the water went off without warning for a whole month, I was only there for two weeks at the time but we had to get water from a bowser that turned up occasionally and fill up some of those water bottles from offices that FIL had nicked from somewhere. That's not no HOT water; that's NO water at all. and we were nine floors up...

Even though there's only three of us now in this massive house, I like my space, I could never live in a flat. Plus I can plug in my Rickenbacker, crank up 120 watts, and no-one can hear us, probably.

Im not used to thin walls where you can hear your neighbours, I spent most of my life in a 600 year old manor house the rooms were huge and the walls were 4 foot thick made of straw, mud, stones and some other stuff :laugh:
We had 10 inch thick flag stones on the floor not like the crap they lay now a days  :)

Offline Ste

• RIP
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2016, 12:13:00 PM »

Im not used to thin walls where you can hear your neighbours, I spent most of my life in a 600 year old manor house the rooms were huge and the walls were 4 foot thick made of straw, mud, stones and some other stuff :laugh:
We had 10 inch thick flag stones on the floor not like the crap they lay now a days  :)

In the Mrs' place in Chel, the first time I went (and she warned me about it) some  :censored: er upstairs was laying a floor or something and was banging away all the time I was trying to allay jet lag, watching The Simpsons in Russian (Simpsony) - 14 months later I went back and he was still banging away. That was the memorable night when it was -35c outside, and sooooo freaking hot in the flat, I had to open all the windows, furthering my rep. as a double-hard English Northern *snip*, lying naked on the bed, windows open, -35c outside. Still fecking hot tho! No one would come into the room for fear of freezing their nethers off. Honestly I don't understand it, it doesn't make sense, she moans about being cold even here in Leeds, and mocks folks here for walking about on the street (to her) half-naked, saying they'll get ill etc, yet she's always ill and we aren't...

Softies, them Russians.....

Offline Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2016, 01:21:54 PM »
Might as well cash in on Putin's popularity. Really this is a great idea.

Inside the bizarre Vladimir Putin cafe - complete with Barack Obama toilet paper

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/13/inside-the-bizarre-vladimir-putin-cafe---complete-with-barack-ob/
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2016, 01:17:51 AM »

Not selling Russia to me lol!

THIS might..

Went to a village 35 mins from the Olympic Park - stayed at an 'eco -Hotel' - made from wood, clay and straw.

They make their own beer, honey and cosmetics

The staff spoke English and everything was spotless and the building was finished - perfectly - every room was finished off using different wood.

One of the partners studied to masters level - civil engineering - at a Canadian Uni

I have never experienced such exacting standards of construction / service in Russia - or for that matter in Austrian / Swiss mountain lodges..

The owners have a selection of acoustic and electric guitars and encourage impromptu sessions ...HEAVEN

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2016, 12:40:30 PM »

Not selling Russia to me lol!

THIS might..

Went to a village 35 mins from the Olympic Park - stayed at an 'eco -Hotel' - made from wood, clay and straw.

They make their own beer, honey and cosmetics

The staff spoke English and everything was spotless and the building was finished - perfectly - every room was finished off using different wood.

One of the partners studied to masters level - civil engineering - at a Canadian Uni

I have never experienced such exacting standards of construction / service in Russia - or for that matter in Austrian / Swiss mountain lodges..

The owners have a selection of acoustic and electric guitars and encourage impromptu sessions ...HEAVEN

A good comment about something Russian?? Are you feeling ok??

Offline Manny

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2016, 01:27:23 PM »
Might as well cash in on Putin's popularity. Really this is a great idea.

Inside the bizarre Vladimir Putin cafe - complete with Barack Obama toilet paper

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/13/inside-the-bizarre-vladimir-putin-cafe---complete-with-barack-ob/

That idea might work in London too.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2016, 02:00:16 AM »

A good comment about something Russian?? Are you feeling ok??

I can't help it if you aren't observant.. I have no problem with the culture, people - one in particular - and the nature...
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic