The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Taxes for Ukraine  (Read 2017 times)

Offline Gipsy

Taxes for Ukraine
« on: March 07, 2016, 11:08:43 AM »
WOW, have I heard a little "Story" tonight from extended family member in the Ukraine ministery.

Ukraine's lawmakers are "supposedly" putting together a plan to request taxes from Ukrainian women and their partners on monies earned outside of Ukraine.

It may be proposed that income derived ex-Ukraine, should contribute taxes at 13% of annual income from any country outside of the motherland..

IF this moves forward and is accepted, WOW, start contributing all you guys who have a Ukrainian partner/wife.

Proposed punishment for NOT paying, is a large fine, possibly prison, when entering the territory.

Proof of annual earnings must be supplied in the form of a annual tax document from the country of residence..

The little devils in the Rada wish to become richer   :ROFL:
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: Taxes for Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2016, 11:18:11 AM »
That'd overturn pretty much any tax treaty to which Ukraine was a signatory and have something of a boomerang effect. I am sure that someone has,  or will,  propose such a thing but it'll not happen.

"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2016, 11:22:25 AM »
That'd overturn pretty much any tax treaty to which Ukraine was a signatory and have something of a boomerang effect. I am sure that someone has,  or will,  propose such a thing but it'll not happen.

I think that they are trying to implement a copy of the US system for ex-pats..
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2016, 12:03:18 PM »
WOW, have I heard a little "Story" tonight from extended family member in the Ukraine ministery.

Ukraine's lawmakers are "supposedly" putting together a plan to request taxes from Ukrainian women and their partners on monies earned outside of Ukraine.

It may be proposed that income derived ex-Ukraine, should contribute taxes at 13% of annual income from any country outside of the motherland..

IF this moves forward and is accepted, WOW, start contributing all you guys who have a Ukrainian partner/wife.

Proposed punishment for NOT paying, is a large fine, possibly prison, when entering the territory.

Proof of annual earnings must be supplied in the form of a annual tax document from the country of residence..

With the American tax system information from the spouse of the American must also be included. Would this new Ukrainian tax proposal also require information about the income of the American spouse to be included on the tax forms filled out by the Ukrainian spouse?
Ipsa scientia potestas est. Knowledge itself is power.   Sir Francis Bacon

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2016, 12:18:22 PM »

With the American tax system information from the spouse of the American must also be included. Would this new Ukrainian tax proposal also require information about the income of the American spouse to be included on the tax forms filled out by the Ukrainian spouse?

As far as it was told to me, Yes.. Both incomes..

If only the spouse had an income, then he would also have to pay the proposed tax.

They are desperately gunning for everyone and anyone, as far as I am led to believe..

Online Dogsoldier

• Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2016, 12:26:57 PM »
Let me get this straight. They want to tax an Ukrainian nationals foreign earned income and also said Ukrainian nationals foreign national spouses foreign earned income.
Yeah, right.  :censored:
All I know is that Moby knows nothing - Plato

Offline Ste

• Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 12:28:51 PM »
Don't Ukrainians (officially) have to give up their Ukrainian citizenship on acquisition of another? I know many don't, but if this happens - and I doubt it will, would be an incentive to do it officially.
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Online Dogsoldier

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 12:31:01 PM »
Don't Ukrainians (officially) have to give up their Ukrainian citizenship on acquisition of another? I know many don't, but if this happens - and I doubt it will, would be an incentive to do it officially.
The official process requires a Presidential sign off on renunciation of citizenship so I doubt it.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2016, 12:39:21 PM »
Let me get this straight. They want to tax an Ukrainian nationals foreign earned income and also said Ukrainian nationals foreign national spouses foreign earned income.

Just the same as the yanks do...

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2016, 12:41:11 PM »

I think that you will find that this will also change in line with EU rules on dual nationality...

Offline Ste

• Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2016, 12:52:10 PM »

I think that you will find that this will also change in line with EU rules on dual nationality...

There are no EU rules on dual nationality, each State has their own. For example UK allows it, Germany doesn't except if the other nationality is EU, and I think the Netherlands doesn't allow it either.
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2016, 01:05:58 PM »

Yes, well, as I say from time to time, "As it turns out, 'Taxation WITH Representation' ain't so great either...."  :coffeeread:

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Online Dogsoldier

« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2016, 01:27:15 PM »

I know the yanks have to pay tax on income earned abroad even if they are not resident in the US but I didnt know their foreign spouses would have to cough up as well. I can understand it if the spouses are earning and residing in the US.

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2016, 07:28:42 AM »
What about blokes who've bought their "partners" apartments?  :nod:
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2016, 07:44:38 AM »
What about blokes who've bought their "partners" apartments?  :nod:

Is the apartment in hers, yours, or joint names, whoever's name it is, is responsible for paying the apartment tax which I think is annually.

This is nothing to do with the "proposed" law.