The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Moscow - a horror movie in reality  (Read 1412 times)

Offline Net_Lenka

Moscow - a horror movie in reality
« on: February 29, 2016, 03:14:07 PM »
- А Вы кто такой будете?
-Тьфу на Вас
-А фамилия Ваша как?  -Тьфу на Вас еще раз .. а фамилия моя слишком известная, чтобы я её называл

Offline WestCoast

Re: Moscow - a horror movie in reality
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2016, 03:39:41 PM »
Videos of the incident all over Youtube. This one reports to having her shout "Allah u Akbar". The sound quality is poor and I couldn't make out much of what she was saying.

Maybe she's saying "Allah u Akbar" in Russian? Is this a lone wolf Muslim attack or is she simply crazy?

andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline Net_Lenka

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2016, 03:55:14 PM »
She was shouting on mix Russian and Uzbek (  or whatever she is from) ... and like it appeared she was just insane ( either she was on drugs or not - that it's not proved yet) Though she was working like babysitter  for about 1,5 year in that family and it was all Ok
- А Вы кто такой будете?
-Тьфу на Вас
-А фамилия Ваша как?  -Тьфу на Вас еще раз .. а фамилия моя слишком известная, чтобы я её называл

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 12:19:47 AM »
This ain't no 'terrist' attack. It is a poor woman gone insane. And,  of course, the poor victims,  including those not dead.

But, no doubt that the incident will serve the various narratives of several stakeholders.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2016, 01:06:12 AM »
According to Dutch news, it wasn't a terrorist attack either, just a poor woman having a bad trip with drugs.

Whatever the case, I hope she has a special prison-time that will last long.

Mark.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2016, 04:29:16 PM »
It appears that Russians have delicate constitutions. The story of a nanny's apparent beheading of a 4-year-old girl is largely absent from Russian TV. Major Russian TV channels such as Rossia-1 (Kremlin owned and operated), Channel One (Kremlin owned and operated), NTV (Kremlin owned and operated via Gazprom) and Moscow's TVTs, did not cover the story Monday in Moscow.

Unidentified employees of different networks said broadcasters received "recommendations" to stay away from the story by Russian officials, citing a government desire to avoid attention on national ethnic or religious issues.

"The Kremlin issues no instructions to the federal channels," Presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov said. "It is true that the channels, as we know, made a decision not to show this terrible tragedy. I believe that one can only support this decision, because the incident was too terrible to be shown on TV."

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2016/03/01/Kremlin-Story-of-girls-beheading-too-terrible-to-be-shown-on-TV/1021456841258/
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/russian-tv-silent-over-child-killed-by-nanny-in-moscow/561091.html
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: USA
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2016, 05:37:24 PM »
Unidentified employees of different networks said broadcasters received "recommendations" to stay away from the story by Russian officials, citing a government desire to avoid attention on national ethnic or religious issues.

This case can cause an uncontrollable wave of violence against Muslim population in Moscow and throughout Russia.
Just because of one insane person many innocent people can die.
It is better to wait and discuss later.
For the most of Russians it will be difficult to distinguish between psychiatric and religious issues.
This coldblooded murder will make many of them blind.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2016, 05:52:41 PM »

This case can cause an uncontrollable wave of violence against Muslim population in Moscow and throughout Russia.
For the most of Russians it will be difficult to distinguish between psychiatric and religious issues.

Orchid, to all accounts I've read Russia is one of the most corrupt and crime ridden countries in Europe, yet this is rarely mentioned in Russian media. Certainly Kremlin owned and operated media outlets don't mention much about murders and other crime in Russia.

However these same Russian media outlets are more than willing to mention murders and crime in the US. Why do you think that is? Does the Russian government want to give a false sense of security to the Russian people? Does Putin et al not want the Russian people to know how bad crime really is in Russia? Or is it something else?

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: USA
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2016, 06:23:33 PM »
Orchid, to all accounts I've read Russia is one of the most corrupt and crime ridden countries in Europe, yet this is rarely mentioned in Russian media. Certainly Kremlin owned and operated media outlets don't mention much about murders and other crime in Russia.

However these same Russian media outlets are more than willing to mention murders and crime in the US. Why do you think that is? Does the Russian government want to give a false sense of security to the Russian people? Does Putin et al not want the Russian people to know how bad crime really is in Russia? Or is it something else?

I will not answer your questions. Sorry about that.
We should not speculate about political issues based on beheaded 5 years old girl.
Russian nation is grieving. So am I.

Offline Anteros

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2016, 08:09:12 PM »

First of all my condolences to the family of the victim and to the Russian people. 

This is truly a sad event to have taken place.  I know how Americans would react.
In the case of radical islam, it's hard to separate their religion from a lack of rational behavior.
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2016, 10:05:08 PM »
It appears that Russians have delicate constitutions. The story of a nanny's apparent beheading of a 4-year-old girl is largely absent from Russian TV. Major Russian TV channels such as Rossia-1 (Kremlin owned and operated), Channel One (Kremlin owned and operated), NTV (Kremlin owned and operated via Gazprom) and Moscow's TVTs, did not cover the story Monday in Moscow.

"The Kremlin issues no instructions to the federal channels," Presidential spokesman Dmitry Peskov said. "It is true that the channels, as we know, made a decision not to show this terrible tragedy. I believe that one can only support this decision, because the incident was too terrible to be shown on TV."

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/World-News/2016/03/01/Kremlin-Story-of-girls-beheading-too-terrible-to-be-shown-on-TV/1021456841258/
http://www.themoscowtimes.com/news/article/russian-tv-silent-over-child-killed-by-nanny-in-moscow/561091.html

Its on 5tv, and Kazan tv as I write...

Very sad.

I should also add, that its not on the majority of channels WC rightly put....
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Net_Lenka

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2016, 11:24:05 PM »

It was  enough awful  that mad woman was waving the baby's head on the videos all day all over the youtube No need to repeat horrible show on the main channels.
- А Вы кто такой будете?
-Тьфу на Вас

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2016, 11:34:52 PM »

It was  enough awful  that mad woman was waving the baby's head on the videos all day all over the youtube No need to repeat horrible show on the main channels.

This morning, they did not show that, they only reported about the woman being tested for drugs and psychological problems..

As far as I could understand..
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2016, 12:26:49 AM »
I've read Russia is one of the most corrupt and crime ridden countries in Europe,

But you only read western anti-Russian propaganda, so that's to be expected. 
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2016, 01:22:11 AM »
I've read Russia is one of the most corrupt and crime ridden countries in Europe,

Not at all. Ever hear of Al Jazeera or Al Arabiya? There are others but these 2 Arab online news sites have global coverage that includes Russia. Can't say these organisations are run by the CIA.

At home we have Chinese language TV channels and of course a few Chinese language news sites. Again global coverage that includes Russia.

Add these sources in with European and North American news sites as well as Kremlin staples such RT, Sputnik, Tass and others and my sources of news are far greater and more diverse than someone like you who can't go beyond Kremlin owned and operated media organisations.   

Offline Net_Lenka

« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2016, 01:30:25 AM »
Whatever it would be in mass media business in Russia this particular case is not the reason to speak about "free speach" - there must be the boarders especially when it's just pure INSANE case ( which could provoke the new madness)
- А Вы кто такой будете?
-Тьфу на Вас

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2016, 01:58:03 AM »
It appears that Russians have delicate constitutions. The story of a nanny's apparent beheading of a 4-year-old girl is largely absent from Russian TV.

Westy

Believe me.. you are incorrect..

Russian tv shows video content that would get a tv station taken off the air in the UK ...

The story ran and the first source I heard of it was from ....Russia Today
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2016, 02:05:46 AM »

..Westy is correct - this time .. you've been there ...not for a long time ... so you know that, really

If you are matey with the govt. you'll benefit ... that is corruption .. speaking out can cause 'difficulties'

You have EVEN suggested the same - to me - possible problems entering Russia ' .. when I post stuff that doesn't fit the vision Russia Today or Russian Insider try to portray ...

Of course you were 'joking'.. but I know you feel safe commenting positively about Russia from Britain - and rightly so
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Gipsy