The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Aeroflot Question  (Read 777 times)

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Aeroflot Question
« on: February 17, 2016, 11:59:00 PM »
Flew Aerflot international, recently..newish 777..and the aircrew were as friendly and helpful as any western airline....

Does any one know the regs about alcohol ? I know on Russian internal flights it is banned and it was't available on my Aeroflot flight from Moscow to Bangkok..

Is this a policy or regulation on intl. flits?

Offline heijdenj

Re: Aeroflot Question
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 02:47:20 AM »

Online msmoby

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2016, 06:58:46 AM »

Is this a policy or regulation on intl. flits?

Seems like it:
http://www.aeroflot.ru/cms/en/flight/dining_onboard

Thanks, That explains it ... I wonder why long haul flights from places like Thailand are excluded  ? ..It rather gives the impression that Russian tourists can be trusted..

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2016, 07:20:39 AM »
Back when 'Flot still flew to Ukr, alcohol was available on both the long haul int'l flights and the flight from SVO-KBP.  There was also lots of free booze in both the "Jazz" and "Blues" lounges.

FWIW,

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Online msmoby

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 12:42:01 AM »
I have flown on S7 ..within the last year ...and they also didn't serve booze.(internal flight)

Of, course I meant 'it seems like Russian tourists can'NT be trusted' in my last post..

I like a glass of wine ..if not driving t'other end...

The most irritating drunks I have encountered were Brits on Stag / Hen trips....

Online Tom Cat

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2016, 07:32:16 PM »
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 12:17:41 AM »
Last time I flew Aeroflot that was less than two months back I had several glasses of wine :nod: The same when I last flew BA not long back I think I had about 3 glasses of wine and a few Bloody mary's  , they usually bring with your dinner.
There is an attendant button above your head you just press this every time you want a new drink  :laugh: As I always say "You don't get what you don't ask for" 
You can press that button as many times as you wish even ask for another sandwich! Did you know that?
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online msmoby

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 12:28:14 AM »
Last time I flew Aeroflot that was less than two months back I had several glasses of wine :nod: The same when I last flew BA not long back I think I had about 3 glasses of wine and a few Bloody mary's  , they usually bring with your dinner.
There is an attendant button above your head you just press this every time you want a new drink  :laugh: As I always say "You don't get what you don't ask for" 
You can press that button as many times as you wish even ask for another sandwich! Did you know that?

Which flight were you on, Steveboy ?

I ask as, ''The sale of alcoholic beverages on all Aeroflot – Russian Airlines flights was suspended as of August 5, 2013.'' ...and only WINE ..with the meal ..on certain flights....

''Wine is offered together with a hot lunch on the following destinations: Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh City, Beijing, Hong Kong, Seoul, New York, Washington, Los Angeles, Miami, Tokyo, Male, Toronto, Innsbruck, Salzburg, Brussels, London, Frankfurt, Dusseldorf, Munich, Hannover, Stuttgart, Athens, Heraklion, Madrid, Barcelona, Malaga, Rome, Milan, Venice, Amsterdam, Paris, Nice, Geneva, Zurich, Tenerife, Bologna, Split and Thessaloniki.''

Perhaps you are confused ..as to where / when and which airline you were on ...as it appears that the chance of drinking Bloody Mary's on an Aeroflot flight are remote... unless it was a private charter or 'govt' business' ...  :coffeeread:..

Of course, you didn't fly economy  :8) 

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2016, 12:31:48 AM »
Ipsa scientia potestas est. Knowledge itself is power.   Sir Francis Bacon

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2016, 12:41:49 AM »
Aeroflot TV Ad from the 1970s

http://russia-insider.com/en/flying-aeroflot-soviet-dream-and-reality-video/ri13076

The USSR had TV in the 1970s?  :laugh:

Of course not!! They never had any clothes either! Used to wear bear skins up until only 1999  :fighting0025:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2016, 12:48:51 AM »

http://russia-insider.com/en/flying-aeroflot-soviet-dream-and-reality-video/ri13076

The Soviets did manage to get the first human into space.  Ever heard of Gagarin?  They weren't as backwards the "west" portrays... 

Online msmoby

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2016, 12:52:20 AM »

The Soviets did manage to get the first human into space.  Ever heard of Gagarin?  They weren't as backwards the "west" portrays...

Yup, they also used Nazi rocket engineers...

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2016, 12:57:50 AM »

Yuri Gagarin was the first man in space? Are you sure? There are conspiracy theories a plenty that say there was at least one failed Soviet attempt before Gagarin. By failed I mean a Soviet cosmonaut made it into space but didn't return.  :hidechair:
Ipsa scientia potestas est. Knowledge itself is power.   Sir Francis Bacon

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2016, 02:01:16 AM »

Sometimes backwards is good you know.

NASA spent millions to get a ballpoint pen to work in outer space, Russia simply switched to oldfashioned pencils.
You can change anything in life, but a BMW only for a BMW
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2016, 05:26:16 AM »

Yuri Gagarin was the first man in space? Are you sure? There are conspiracy theories a plenty that say there was at least one failed Soviet attempt before Gagarin. By failed I mean a Soviet cosmonaut made it into space but didn't return.  :hidechair:

IF that did happen, then its sad...

However, my I respectfully remind you about a certain Apollo crew (RIP)....
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen