The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Dallas Cowboys - God's Team / America's Team  (Read 460 times)

Offline treadmilldude

• Trips: None Yet
Dallas Cowboys - God's Team / America's Team
« on: February 16, 2016, 04:10:09 PM »
Over the last 2 years I have been on Charmingbrides and Anastasidate/Russianbrides (and for about 3 months Kievconnections). I have spent many many many hours on these sites, as well as hundreds and hundreds of hours  doing google searches about Ukraine and using wikipedia to look at not only Ukraine, but also occasionally other parts of the FSU....the Etymology.....the History (this was far and away the most time consuming aspect, as this country has a very rich, detailed history, yet obviously, as an American born and Raised in the US, we spent exactly 0 minutes in kindergarten-12th grade, as well as 0 minutes during my 4 years while I earned my bachelors Degree, studying Ukraine.) so I had a  heck of a lot of learning to undertake.I am still learning, still reading articles in various online history books about Ukraine, reading various parts of wikipedia's summary of Ukrainian history for about the 7th time as I have read so much, sometimes little details bleed into other little details and I get fuzzy about certain things....so continuing education is a critical thing for me and is something I am a huge proponent of and will continue to engage in in all aspects of my life until the day I die......moving on, other parts of my education include studying the geography, maps, the geopolitics of Ukraine, government of Ukraine, the armed forces, looking at the economy both in macro and microeconomic terms...and I am getting really tired of typing this long-winded post so I will stop right here and get to the point of my post....I DO NOT KNOW THE MEANING OF THE TERM EXPAT!! How is it possible for someone who has spent as many hundreds of hours learning about Ukraine as I have, and many more hundreds of hours on the scam / fraud websites ADate and RussianBrides as well as the legit / honest sites CharmingBrides and Kievconnections...to not know what the term "Expat" means? I looked up the definition once about a year and a half ago, but over time I forgot the meaning. Then I looked it up a second time maybe 4 months ago, yet I have forgotten it again. As I am spending a lot of time on RUA, trying to expand my knowledge base and learn as much as I can so I can become a better Husband and Father when I do get married to a Ukrainian woman...I see the word "Expat" come up all over the place. I have not taken the time to look up the meaning of the word in the last 4 months, and since I have forgotten it, again, that means since I joined RUA about 3 months ago, the entire time I have been on RUA, even though I have seen the word used hundreds of times, every time I see it I get "Uneasy and uncomfortable" since I do not know what it means. This sucks, I am sick of seeing the word "Expat" and not knowing what it means. So tonight before I retire to my comfortable bed, I am going to look up the word "Expat" one final time....and go over the meaning over and over again in my head for maybe 20 minutes, as I close my eyes and lay in bed, and just drill it in my head....because for some strange reason this word will not remain in my long-term memory.....and I have no idea why it will not remain in my long-term memory. EXPAT. EXPAT. EXPAT. Learn the word dude!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9FmOc0ofGc
A blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time, but only by accident. - My advice to any member wondering whether or not they should make the very bad decision of using Anastasiadate.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
Re: Dallas Cowboys - God's Team / America's Team
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2016, 06:01:09 PM »
So, when I saw the thread title about the Cowboys, then "Ex-Pats", I quite naturally assumed that this post was going to be about Matt Cassel.  I'm a bit disappointed that it wasn't. 

Would it be too much for me to suggest that you use paragraphs from time to time?  Luckily for me, I unlocked the "Wall of Text" achievement in Law School, but not as easy for others, I'm afraid. 

More seriously, get on a plane.  It's the best thing you can do.  Some time ago, I penned a satirical send up of Washington Irving's famous piece, "A visit from St. Nicholas.  I hope you find some inspiration in it.

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline treadmilldude

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2016, 06:07:02 PM »
So, when I saw the thread title about the Cowboys, then "Ex-Pats", I quite naturally assumed that this post was going to be about Matt Cassel.  I'm a bit disappointed that it wasn't. 

Would it be too much for me to suggest that you use paragraphs from time to time?  Luckily for me, I unlocked the "Wall of Text" achievement in Law School, but not as easy for others, I'm afraid. 

More seriously, get on a plane.  It's the best thing you can do.  Some time ago, I penned a satirical send up of Washington Irving's famous piece, "A visit from St. Nicholas.  I hope you find some inspiration in it.

B/B

HAHA BB. I consider the smartest Man on RUA to be Manny because he always gives me the most prescient, succinct advice. Whenever he and I exchange PM's, he always gives me a lot of good advice. But the one way he ends his PM is usually the same way he always ends his PM's: "Treadmilldude, get on a plane!" I can always count on Manny to tell it like it is - "Treadmilldude, get on a plane!"

Now I am hearing the same thing from you, BB...."Treadmilldude, get on a plane". Could it possibly be, that great minds think alike? HAHAHA!!
A blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time, but only by accident. - My advice to any member wondering whether or not they should make the very bad decision of using Anastasiadate.

Offline treadmilldude

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2016, 06:36:30 PM »
If you look at my posts, I always am good about using new paragraphs to separate new trains of thought. This time, I am just so tired right now, I have been studying since 6:15 AM up at my University's Library.....I am just exhausted right now, the myelinated axons of my white matter are not firing as quickly as normal.  :) As such, my brain has almost slowed to a halt...and using proper grammatical technique is not something I am capable of right now.

I just got through chatting with Alisa, the prettier of the 2 girls I like so much in Kharkiv, and the girl I worry is not necessarily too good for me to DATE ( as I have dated.....mmmmm 2 girls I know are actually hotter than her, and I think 2 girls, maybe 3 other girls, that are as hot as her)  but too good for me to MARRY. It is one thing to date a hot girl, an entirely different matter to marry a hot girl. I am very worried because we keep having wonderful chats on skype, she keeps refusing to show me any warning signs....in fact the more we chat, I am very scared and worried because I am liking her more and more, and she will not stop telling me how sweet I am, how nice I am. How she wants to see me as soon as possible even though she knows I cannot come right now because the Spring Semester just started for me. I know I am "supposed to be" making a mistake liking Alisa so much because she is so very attractive (I rate her about a 9, and as Manny and everyone else says, STAY AWAY from FSU girls who are 9's and 10's - don't even go near a girl who is a 9 or a 10).....but I am almost at the point I like her just as much as the girl who is not as attractive as her, a girl I rate about a 7, 7.5. I am "supposed to be making a mistake liking Alisa" because you are not supposed to fall in love with a 9 or a 10, it's bad strategy. Yet...I can easily see myself, if we correspond for several more months, then I fly to Kharkiv on May 12 and arrive on May 13, we spend 3 weeks together in Kharkiv....again, I can see myself after about 3 weeks of us spending every day together, all day every day, very very easily falling crazy crazy in love with Alisa (again the 9) and this is very bad because as Eduard and everyone else says 9's and 10's are evil, they are the devil. No US man should ever fall in love with a FSU woman who is a 9 or a 10. Not even if she is kind beyond belief, doesn't have a mean bone in her body, speaks close to fluent English, has the same goals in life that I have, wants the same things in life I want. I am nervous and worried if we meet in May we might accidentally fall crazy in love with each other. And that would be a disaster. It would be a disaster for me to fall in love with a girl who I am finding, the more and more I talk to her on skype, is someone I have so much in common with and already consider her a good friend, she is someone I already feel very protective of, I mean I want to just put my arms around her, kiss her forehead, kiss her nose, kiss her very softly on the lips and promise her I will always protect her. I am a very large muscular man, and I enjoy putting my arms around a girl, telling her I love her and will always protect her. I close my eyes and unfortunately, I am already dreaming about telling Alisa I love her and will always protect her and our children. But I know this is a mistake because she is way too hot for me to marry her...right?  ???

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2016, 09:50:33 PM »
I am very worried because we keep having wonderful chats on skype, she keeps refusing to show me any warning signs....

That's OK; you are showing enough warning signs for both of you.

Only five hours ago, you were leaning in the other direction.

Your memory is failing you Tom. Go back and read what I wrote about Alisa (the 9, VS caliber legs and stomach) relative to what I wrote about Marina (the 7) and why right now I am communicating much more with Marina (the 7).
"Get away from the keyboard little man. I know where you live." (Message left in my facebook mailbox by our resident psychopath.)

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2016, 11:18:00 PM »
I am very worried because we keep having wonderful chats on skype, she keeps refusing to show me any warning signs....

That's OK; you are showing enough warning signs for both of you.

Only five hours ago, you were leaning in the other direction.

Your memory is failing you Tom. Go back and read what I wrote about Alisa (the 9, VS caliber legs and stomach) relative to what I wrote about Marina (the 7) and why right now I am communicating much more with Marina (the 7).

+ 100.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 05:22:22 AM »
Unless she's your ten then you might as well not bother.

Unless the person you are with,  or with whom you want to be,  is beautiful to you and is what you want then there's no way that you'll have a successful long term relationship.

That's just one other reason why giving silly scores to women is,  well,  silly. How do you think any woman who you claim to be interested in is going to feel when she discovers how little you think of her.

Maybe that's why every woman with whom I have had a serious relationship has been beautiful - to me!

"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2016, 05:57:20 AM »
Unless she's your ten then you might as well not bother.

Unless the person you are with,  or with whim you want to be,  is beautiful to you and is what you want then there's no way that you'll have a successful long term relationship.

That's just one other reason why giving silly scores to women is,  well,  silly. How do you think any woman who you claim to be interested in is going to feel when she discovers how little you think of her.

Maybe that's why every woman with whom I have had a serious relationship has been beautiful - to me!

Andrew,

From all what he has written here, I get a distinct impression that he has absolutely NO respect for any lady.

He comes over IMHO, as a guy who loves himself only, and is looking for a "Hottie tottie" to adorn his arm whilst he shows off his muscular frame.

Something akin to a "Richie", only he wants it on the "Cheepie".

One day he might learn to be more respectful to a lady, and NOT put a stupid little number on her looks/body (read belly) or legs.

Offline TomT

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2016, 10:28:50 AM »
^ Not to worry; without a daily dose of validation, he won't be around much longer. Not that it matters, he'll probably have everyone on ignore within the week.   
"Get away from the keyboard little man. I know where you live." (Message left in my facebook mailbox by our resident psychopath.)

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2016, 10:41:25 AM »
^ Not to worry; without a daily dose of validation, he won't be around much longer. Not that it matters, he'll probably have everyone on ignore within the week.

So I'm not the only one on his "Ignore" list then....??

:ROFL:

Offline TomT

« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2016, 10:49:09 AM »
^ No, it's not a very exclusive club.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2016, 10:54:05 AM »
^ No, it's not a very exclusive club.

TFFT, I didn't wish to feel lonely....