The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: So, you want a Russian passport? It may become possible.  (Read 1868 times)

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: So, you want a Russian passport? It may become possible.
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2016, 04:20:31 AM »
I wonder if guys would wave their Russian passport alongside their US passport when attempting to rescue a woman from her alcoholic, violent and cheating boyfriend?
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2016, 05:54:25 AM »
I only want a Russian passport so when I arrive in the UK at immigration and they ask for my Passport I will hand them my Russian one with no UK visa :laugh:

After a little chat with the immigration officer (Who will probably be indian  :laugh:) I will produce my UK passport and have a few other comments to the guy ;D
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2016, 06:06:05 AM »
I wonder if guys would wave their Russian passport alongside their US passport when attempting to rescue a woman from her alcoholic, violent and cheating boyfriend?

Why to wave a passport when 'rescuing' a woman in the United States?  :-*
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline MBS01

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2016, 09:25:40 AM »
Back on topic!
What about someone born in Russia (Siberia), whose family moved to Ukraine when they were very young?  Since then as noted the Soviet Union became many independent countries and thus is now the FSU not the SU!  If family members of Russians can become citizens of Russia it would seem those actually born in Russia should have the same rights?

Looking forward to seeing how this all plays out.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2016, 09:36:46 AM »
Back on topic!
What about someone born in Russia (Siberia), whose family moved to Ukraine when they were very young?  Since then as noted the Soviet Union became many independent countries and thus is now the FSU not the SU!  If family members of Russians can become citizens of Russia it would seem those actually born in Russia should have the same rights?

Looking forward to seeing how this all plays out.

They do, but how they claim it is dependant upon their current citizenship, and circumstances.
There is a "Fastrack" way that Ukrainians can claim Russian citizenship, but they must move to Russia, and relinquish their Ukrainian citizenship.
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline MBS01

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2016, 08:36:58 AM »
Gipsey:
Great, however she does not currently reside in either Russia or Ukraine!  Likewise already has citizenship in Canada so that does not fit as per your example!

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2016, 08:59:08 AM »
Gipsey:
Great, however she does not currently reside in either Russia or Ukraine!  Likewise already has citizenship in Canada so that does not fit as per your example!

If she was born in Russia, her birth would have been registered, and if she lived there as a small child until being moved, she would have been registered at the address where she lived at the time, then she would be classed as a Russian citizen, no matter where she lived later.

There is info about this at http://rus.rusemb.org.uk/nationalityquestion/
And in Russian info can be found at http://www.fms.gov.ru/foreign_national/

Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2016, 03:02:05 AM »
Gipsey:

If she was born in Russia, her birth would have been registered, and if she lived there as a small child until being moved, she would have been registered at the address where she lived at the time, then she would be classed as a Russian citizen, no matter where she lived later.

There is info about this at http://rus.rusemb.org.uk/nationalityquestion/
And in Russian info can be found at http://www.fms.gov.ru/foreign_national/

My wife had same sort of story and needed to trace all her fathers documents, birth certificate and other stuff was all on file along with his parents. Pretty easy task to do.

Offline Annushka

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2016, 02:18:57 PM »
Isn't Russia already doing this? Russia's given out passports to thousands, probably tens of thousands of Ukrainians, in places like Crimea and eastern Ukraine, Russia's given out passports in Moldova.

Russia has given a Russian passport to people such as boxer Roy Jones and French actor Gerard Depardieu surely with your connections you can obtain a Russian passport for yourself?

As for the idea that white Europeans will be fleeing their countries for Russia due to rising rates of Muslim citizens that's statistically improbable. The birth rate for Muslims in Russia is higher than for Orthodox Russians so the reverse is likely.

West, I admire you! :-* Нельзя же быть таким "дремучим"! И, самое главное: вы не пытаетесь измениться! Вот это больше всего меня восхищает!!! :-*

Gentlemen, the easiest way to get Russian citizenship - marriage to a Russian woman! At the moment, not all refugees from the Commonwealth of Independent States received Russian citizenship. Even if their children were born in Russia. Yes, children have Russian citizenship, and the parents are foreigners - no. Citizenship Russia must prove. Or Merit for Russia.

Offline Ste

• Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2016, 02:41:11 PM »
So that would make Russia the only developed country in the world to grant citizenship without residency or decent?

Think this 'guy' is yanking your chain!
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2016, 03:23:03 PM »
So that would make Russia the only developed country in the world to grant citizenship without residency or decent?

Which guy???

Offline Ste

• Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2016, 03:28:43 PM »

Which guy???

The diplomatic dood Stu mentioned who must have some SC or DV clearance and shouldn't even be discussing stuff like this...
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #27 on: March 03, 2016, 04:07:16 AM »
Looks like you can now get a Russian passport if you pay taxes in Russia of £10,000 a year for three years , not to expensive I guess £30k

https://www.facebook.com/BL-534472729950477/?fref=nf

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2016, 01:21:27 PM »
Looks like you can now get a Russian passport if you pay taxes in Russia of £10,000 a year for three years , not to expensive I guess £30k

https://www.facebook.com/BL-534472729950477/?fref=nf

I wonder if that is a redraft of the one my man saw..........
please tell me where I'm being / have been 'dishonest'? 
Yes, he said that.........