The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Sponging of the Swiss?  (Read 325 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Sponging of the Swiss?
« on: February 02, 2016, 02:23:37 PM »
I heard the Swiss are going to pay about 2000 Euros a month  to all even the unemployed?? Or something like this.
Does this mean according to EU rules I could go and claim benefits there? If so Im on the next flight out :laugh:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Ste

• Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: Sponging of the Swiss?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 03:07:07 PM »
I still have a pic of the £18 Jacket Potato I had in Zurich when I was working there, and the smallest note I could get out of the ATM was 100CHF (£80). Fkn expensive. I was told the lasses on the checkout desks in MIGRO and COOP were on the equiv. of £48k pa, and the worst was the telly licence, think it was 480CHF pa for total shite, which is why I totally love the BBC and don't mind paying the licence fee here, absolute bargain.

Beer was £8 a pint but I paid that in Dublin too and the rates not as good there for what I do. I was on 1300CHF a day I think, nowhere near that in Dublin, think I lost money on that 'deal'....

Zurich is well boring too....

O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 03:07:43 PM »
It's been talked about in other countries such as Finland. It goes by names such as "the living wage" and has a number of variations and qualifications. One of the qualifications is usually that recipients must be citizens, so you're idea of moving to Switzerland is out. 

http://www.bloombergview.com/articles/2015-11-03/finns-may-get-paid-for-being-finns
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-11-19/next-qe-switzerland-prepares-living-wage-2600-every-citizen
Ipsa scientia potestas est. Knowledge itself is power.   Sir Francis Bacon

Offline Ste

• Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 03:07:54 PM »
I heard the Swiss are going to pay about 2000 Euros a month  to all even the unemployed?? Or something like this.
Does this mean according to EU rules I could go and claim benefits there? If so Im on the next flight out :laugh:

Oh, and you should be aware Switzerland is not in the EU so no, you can't go......
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 03:34:53 PM »

Oh, and you should be aware Switzerland is not in the EU so no, you can't go......

I will let you know I have human rights!! I will go to the European commission over it if I have to :laugh:

Well I was thinking actually to go over just to have a couple of kids, then come back to Russia and claiming the money be sent over here for the kids.. Seems the normal thing to do.
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!