The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Arachnophobia  (Read 206 times)

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Arachnophobia
« on: January 25, 2016, 09:09:26 AM »
Has anyone ever noticed the lack of spiders in Russia? I cannot even remember the last time I saw a big house spider running across the floor if I ever did.
I personally hate the eight legged things and always exterminated any that come to close to me. Even hate hearing the legs and body crunch as I stamp on it :sick0012:

I easy going with everything, but throw a spider at me and I'm finished!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: Arachnophobia
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 09:32:58 AM »
Has anyone ever noticed the lack of spiders in Russia? I cannot even remember the last time I saw a big house spider running across the floor if I ever did.
I personally hate the eight legged things and always exterminated any that come to close to me. Even hate hearing the legs and body crunch as I stamp on it :sick0012:

I easy going with everything, but throw a spider at me and I'm finished!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You sound like every English girl I've ever met.

The Russian girls I've met and other Eastern European girls aren't fazed by them at all.

Is this because they don't see spiders and don't learn to develop such phobia?
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!