The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Young women? The Fountain of Youth for old coots?  (Read 6318 times)

Offline Turboguy

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Young women? The Fountain of Youth for old coots?
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2016, 02:16:36 PM »

I'm glad that you cleared that part up.  You should post a bit more often.   :chuckle:

Thanks for saying that.  The nice thing is once I am no longer able to wipe my own ass I will have more free time and more time to post. 

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #26 on: January 26, 2016, 03:09:56 PM »
Hi
Glad to see all is going well, congrats on your 8th to you and the Mrs tiphat
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #27 on: January 26, 2016, 06:38:57 PM »
Any body remembers "Turbo" who married his wife with 37 Years age difference and they are still happily married?

Humm, the way you worded the first part of that almost makes it sound like I died or the like.  I don't post much anymore but still do visit with some regularity. 

The last part of the sentence does make it sound like I am still kicking anyway.  Just to set the record totally straight it is 37 1/2 years difference and as you know we just had our 8th anniversary and both seem to be very happy.  The nice thing too is that I can still wipe my own ass. 

That being said I do think that most people are making a better choice when they don't go after such a big age gap.  Wiz was very wise in marrying a women who is very compatible with him and where there isn't a big age difference.  Most would be wise to do as Wiz did.  Still there are marriages with a large age gap that works out fine. 

It really just boils down to finding someone you are comparable with and who you can happily build a life with.  That most often may be someone closer to your age since you would have more in common but sometimes you can find a younger woman who is very compatible.  For most not going after a big age difference is a smart move.

Turbo

Please accept my sincere apologies for my very bad writing style.  :-[ Of course you know what I was trying to point out and I was very pleased to remind the others for the happy results of your choice.   :thumbsup:

Thank you for your nice comments about my choice and just to clarify, My wife and I, have 20 years age difference. After 8 years of marriage, we are still together and keep going ... My wife still working hard, has achieved many goals including British Diploma(s) for the type of Job she is doing and on top of all that she makes sure I do not become a couch potato.

Due to her hard work schedule, we had to reduce down our frequent travelling abroad but visiting Greece twice a year and her visit to Rodina has not changed. This year we had her mother visiting us, twice, which made her very happy.

tiphat   and regards to your wife.

Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #28 on: January 26, 2016, 06:56:06 PM »
Hi Turbo

Great to see all is well with your life .

I also miss your posts and as someone who wishes this forum had stuck to it's original aim - although 'guilty' of participating in the threads you dislike - your thoughts are welcome.  :thumbsup:

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2016, 07:00:10 PM »
There is no apology needed Wiz.  I didn't take it as anything negative but it just struck me as a bit funny so I thought I would comment.   I knew you had some age difference but wasn't sure how much.  Since you look 20 years younger than you are that makes the two of you seem the same age.

Congratulations on your wife accomplishing her goals.  That is great.  My wife finally got her 4 year degree last month and finished with a perfect 4.0 average which amazed me.

I do think she might be trying to get rid of me now however.  For the past 10 days she has been into scaring me.  When I come in from work into the dark house she will hide behind the door, jump out and yell BOOOOO.  I think she must be hoping to give me a heart attack so she can move on with her life.  Perhaps she thinks it is time to go from having an old fogie husband to being a cougar.  Otherwise maybe she just wants to have me incapacitated so she can get to the wiping my ass part of life.

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2016, 07:09:17 PM »
Thanks Moby.   I think the swarm of men hunting their Victoria Secrets model caliber of wife has slowed down enough that if the only topics were those about going to find a wife then all the forums would be pretty dead.  It is probably better to talk about politics and what idiots those who don't agree with us are, than to not talk about anything.

Offline Justmd

« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2016, 10:47:17 PM »
My wife is 38 and I am 50...our son is 9 months old.

Offline Maxx

« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2016, 01:28:53 AM »
Ray, good to see you here. My thread wasn't posted with you in mind but it does seem to have hit a nerve. You did mention wiping your own ass 3 times in each of your 3 posts above... (posted before your 4th post)

Wiz, Moby and Justmd have in my opinion done it right. They have attractive younger wives that help them keep their libido going yet these women will be aged enough and old themselves to help them when they reach their *"advanced state of decrepitude."  If these women were in their 20s and 30s now I just don't see it. So when Wiz breaks a hip or Moby has a stroke (God forbid!) their older wives who had their years of living a young lifestyle could devote the next 5-15 years to helping these fine men shuffle off to their ** "mortal coil."

I have a mother who was a very active woman. She had her own business as a seamstress with all the pro equipment and lots customers. At age 82 in 2011 she had a stroke. It greatly weakened her right side. Now she sleeps in a lift chair and uses an electric powered chair to get to the kitchen and bathroom. She can still wipe her own ass. She has someone to help her bath (once a week), cook for her and take her to the doctor. She however needs someone around 24/7 to watch her as she has fallen 4 times and couldn't get up. Note to everyone: If you get a "Life Alert" bracelet wear it around your neck as you won't be able to reach it if you fall onto your side with the arm you are wearing it on.

About healthcare for the decrepit in the US: There is government assistance however it will take every asset you own to finance it. Your house and car for example. Unless you are quite rich and can afford all the costs and they are quite high expect to be stripped of all your assets. Even your Social Security will be taken. I can't imagine a hot Russian *** "cougar" hanging around while that's going on.

* credit term to Andrewfi
** William Shakespeare (NOT Shakespear)
*** Turboguy

Offline Slumba

• 10:27 AM
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2016, 01:33:12 AM »

Frankly you guys need to grow up. Find a woman 40 plus with grown children and better yet grandchildren. Someone with flagging energy levels to match your own. Some crows feet along her eyes and stretch marks on her breasts and popkas are a plus. Less likely they'll be looking at the liver spots forming on your hands. You need someone who recognizes she is getting old and is wise enough to stop looking for the fountain of youth in some relationship like some of you old fools.

In case you haven't noticed. There are tons of RW in their 40s, 50 and 60s that are hotter than any of us deserve. When I'm ready that is where I'll be looking. My 2500 post.

What is with the shaming language, Maxx?  And it's not a liver spot, it's a beauty mark!  tiphat
Anchors Rewoven

Offline Maxx

« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2016, 01:35:55 AM »

Frankly you guys need to grow up. Find a woman 40 plus with grown children and better yet grandchildren. Someone with flagging energy levels to match your own. Some crows feet along her eyes and stretch marks on her breasts and popkas are a plus. Less likely they'll be looking at the liver spots forming on your hands. You need someone who recognizes she is getting old and is wise enough to stop looking for the fountain of youth in some relationship like some of you old fools.

In case you haven't noticed. There are tons of RW in their 40s, 50 and 60s that are hotter than any of us deserve. When I'm ready that is where I'll be looking. My 2500 post.

What is with the shaming language, Maxx?  And it's not a liver spot, it's a beauty mark!  tiphat

Probably comes from my mother's influence. She was brought up in the Dutch Reformed Church. Real 20th century puritans.

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2016, 06:16:34 AM »
Ray, good to see you here. My thread wasn't posted with you in mind but it does seem to have hit a nerve. You did mention wiping your own ass 3 times in each of your 3 posts above... (posted before your 4th post)

That's fine Maxx.  if it hit a nerve it wan't my nerve.   I didn't take any offense.  I only mentioned wiping my ass three or more times because I thought it added some humor. Besides, long ago someone accused me of posting in every single age gap thread on the entire internet and in case they were still around I would not want to disappoint them. Heck back in the early days of my presence on these forums when jb and KenC were still around they weren't able to ruffle my feathers so I just posted because I found the thread interesting.

Wiz, Moby and Justmd have in my opinion done it right. They have attractive younger wives that help them keep their libido going yet these women will be aged enough and old themselves to help them when they reach their *"advanced state of decrepitude."   

I am sure keeping the libido going may be a factor for some but I think it is not as much a factor as some might expect.  Everyone is different and that may be the case for some but I think for many it is not the most important thing. 

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #36 on: January 27, 2016, 07:25:40 AM »
Wish someone would change the name of the thread from "us old coots", to YOU old coots..

Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2016, 07:57:45 AM »
Wish someone would change the name of the thread from "us old coots", to YOU old coots..

There you go
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2016, 08:15:45 AM »

There you go

:party0031:
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #39 on: January 27, 2016, 08:48:28 AM »

There you go

Can you also change moby into a fairy??

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2016, 09:28:25 AM »
What kind of fairy are you looking for?
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #41 on: January 27, 2016, 09:49:20 AM »
What kind of fairy are you looking for?

mmmmmmmmmm, weeeeeeeeeeeellllllll,

I think that he would look quiet nice as a strawberry fairy... ;D

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #42 on: January 27, 2016, 01:32:13 PM »
Hmmmm, many years ago,  as a fun project,  I ran a toy store. One of our popular lines was a thing called 'Strawberry Shortcake' this was a little doll,  a short fat fairy thing covered in red and white clothes with a strawberry motif and liberally drenched in a synthetic strawberry odour.

Would something like this suit you,  she is shown here with some of her fruity friends.

Offline Manny

« Reply #43 on: January 27, 2016, 01:36:32 PM »

And as if by magic............
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2016, 01:39:17 PM »
And from coots to cooties.

It's the circle of life.  :thumbsup:

Offline Wiz

« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2016, 04:46:53 PM »
BACK ON TOPIC

In reply to the comments made by MaXX, I like to ask him if he knows to tell me, ...

How the Marathon runners prepare themselves and manage to run the 27 Miles distance?

Maxx you have not bothered to answer my above question, neither anybody else for that matter.!

The answer is very simple.

If you want to succeed in your marriage then you have to work at it, every day.  If you don't, then you are going to fail when the boat will be going through rough waters.

It is obvious that you are trying to encourage your self to accept the inevitable failure. Well now you have 2500 posts and its time to make a move. You had plenty of practice on the board!

It's a fact of life. Some men have it and some don't, and while you were adding to your post count, they went out and smelled the flowers.

Most of us finally we found the one that ticked all the boxes!

I am sorry if my above comments sound very harsh but I do believe people who experienced certain problems in their life, most of us have, should move on and try not to get stuck to the past as will get you nowhere. That is what I meant with my comments in the next paragraph.

Personally I think, with your move to Georgia, that you have better opportunity to achieve the desired result with no time restrictions.

Forget the past, go out and smell the flowers and I am sure you will find the right one to share your life and I do wish you all the good luck.

PS: As we all know, sex is very important in a marriage, everybody must try his best to follow the Marathon runners practice! Keep running as best you can and you will be surprised of the results.

:nod: ;D :)
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #46 on: January 27, 2016, 08:48:32 PM »
Wiz, Moby and Justmd have in my opinion done it right.

I doubt that Wiz would choose to be associated with those two.

Offline Maxx

« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2016, 08:59:08 PM »
BACK ON TOPIC

In reply to the comments made by MaXX, I like to ask him if he knows to tell me, ...

How the Marathon runners prepare themselves and manage to run the 27 Miles distance?

Maxx you have not bothered to answer my above question, neither anybody else for that matter.!

The answer is very simple.

If you want to succeed in your marriage then you have to work at it, every day.  If you don't, then you are going to fail when the boat will be going through rough waters.

It is obvious that you are trying to encourage your self to accept the inevitable failure. Well now you have 2500 posts and its time to make a move. You had plenty of practice on the board!

It's a fact of life. Some men have it and some don't, and while you were adding to your post count, they went out and smelled the flowers.

Most of us finally we found the one that ticked all the boxes!

I am sorry if my above comments sound very harsh but I do believe people who experienced certain problems in their life, most of us have, should move on and try not to get stuck to the past as will get you nowhere. That is what I meant with my comments in the next paragraph.

Personally I think, with your move to Georgia, that you have better opportunity to achieve the desired result with no time restrictions.

Forget the past, go out and smell the flowers and I am sure you will find the right one to share your life and I do wish you all the good luck.

PS: As we all know, sex is very important in a marriage, everybody must try his best to follow the Marathon runners practice! Keep running as best you can and you will be surprised of the results.

:nod: ;D :)

I wasn't ducking your post Wiz, I just like to give good posts such as yours a good think before responding to them. I'm giving Ray's a lot of thought too.

Your post was directed toward me, my past and present. I'll try and be succinct in my answer.

My marriage to a RW back in 2002 was not so much a marriage as a mugging. A pure criminal act for financial gain on her part and for her confederates. I got out quickly when I filed for divorce less than 4 months after her arrival. We had married in Russia. The ending was so messy and ugly that it took me a few years to get over it. About the time I was getting back on feet I got hit by a financial blow that it seemed best not to have RW in my life. This was about 2007-08. I had to deal with that and it was only until recently that all that mess has been resolved. During all those years I have not been stuck behind a computer living in a virtual world. I've been out there in the RW world. Not as an active pursuer of a RW wife but more as an observer for when my time will come. Now I am in Tbilisi Georgia getting my expat legs under me. At some point I'll start my search. No need to rush. No need to finance an export. No concern about another GCG (Green Card Girl). Just go about things as natural as possible.

Offline Maxx

« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2016, 09:04:22 PM »
Wiz, Moby and Justmd have in my opinion done it right.

I doubt that Wiz would choose to be associated with those two.

Never the less they all have one thing in common. They didn't push the age difference envelop.

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2016, 09:40:08 PM »
^ A common moderate age gap is insignificant compared to the differences in their attitudes toward opportunism, communicable diseases and polluting the genetic pool. 

Registration