The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Scream in the dark  (Read 2906 times)

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Scream in the dark
« on: January 23, 2016, 02:52:37 PM »
Found this on a pretty 30 yo woman's profile on Mamba. Made me wanna laugh and cry at the same time. This is why WM still have a chance with RW.

"Я приятная во всех отношениях девушка.Каждый раз я слышу это от вас) Но я хочу большего, чем просто переспать1-2 раза в неделю, и разбежаться как в море корабли до следующей случки. Эти предложения уже набили оскомину.Неужели кроме письки своей и стакана чая нечего предложить?"

Translation: I am a nice girl all around. I hear this from you guys every time ) But I want something more than just meet for sex 1-2 times a week and go our separate ways like two ships in the sea until the next mating. I have a bad taste in my mouth already from such proposals. Is there nothing else besides your dingy and a cup of tea you can offer?

Offline Anteros

• Trips: 1-5
Re: Scream in the dark
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 04:13:12 PM »
If she's worthy I offer her a lifetime of me bringing her breakfast in bed and getting caught in the rain... tiphat
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 09:29:53 PM »
If she's worthy I offer her a lifetime of me bringing her breakfast in bed and getting caught in the rain... tiphat
you do???

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 01:54:11 AM »
Its exactly the reason so many young women sign up to foreign dating sites only to delete their profiles within a week!

Thats not the only reason, most are tired of idiots and bullshit..and old grand papas trying to chat them up.

Just the hardcore that stay.
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 08:20:59 AM »
Its exactly the reason so many young women sign up to foreign dating sites only to delete their profiles within a week!

Thats not the only reason, most are tired of idiots and bullshit..and old grand papas trying to chat them up.

hmmm since when did Mamba become a "foreign dating site"? And another thing, your statement that "many young women sign up to foreign dating sites" is highly inaccurate.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 08:37:43 AM »

hmmm since when did Mamba become a "foreign dating site"? And another thing, your statement that "many young women sign up to foreign dating sites" is highly inaccurate.

You could say Facebook was just a US social engagement site a few years back but has now become International. Its a little like VK was created for the Russian CIS countries but was heading to become more International targeting all European countries. Mamba is exactly the same a Russian site created for Russians originally but now used Internationally by many countries. You could very easy say Mamba is used by many guys as a foreign dating site or a site to connect with Russian women seeking marriage, just like you use the site?

Many young women sign up to foreign dating sites? "Foreign dating sites" I am referring to web sites where FSU women can connect with Western guys.
What I said is 100% accurate each week thousands of single women from FSU countries sign up to such sites. As I stated earlier the vast majority only stay a week or two.

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 03:40:58 PM »

The number of profiles on Mamba from Ladies in Ukraine that stated "no foreigners" was crazy. Part of the reason I sacked it off, the other part being the translation of how the words sound into Roman characters. Stood no chance of translating that
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 05:08:37 PM »
you do???

I think he means if she's not into yoga, but is into champagne.  :chuckle:

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2016, 05:14:11 PM »
Found this on a pretty 30 yo woman's profile on Mamba. Made me wanna laugh and cry at the same time. This is why WM still have a chance with RW.

"Я приятная во всех отношениях девушка.Каждый раз я слышу это от вас) Но я хочу большего, чем просто переспать1-2 раза в неделю, и разбежаться как в море корабли до следующей случки. Эти предложения уже набили оскомину.Неужели кроме письки своей и стакана чая нечего предложить?"

Translation: I am a nice girl all around. I hear this from you guys every time ) But I want something more than just meet for sex 1-2 times a week and go our separate ways like two ships in the sea until the next mating. I have a bad taste in my mouth already from such proposals. Is there nothing else besides your dingy and a cup of tea you can offer?

I don't know how attractive she is, but she's finding out that, now that she's 30 and wants "commitment" it's men who hold the cards.  Why?  At her age, even if she's quite presentable, she's not going to have the same appeal as a 22 y.o. woman would have to men, generally, as we are biologically driven to chase young and attractive women, because those traits are indicators of fertility. 

Gather ye rosebuds while ye may....

B/B

If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2016, 05:39:00 PM »
So,  bb,  how's it going with YOUR 22 year old girl?

Lets be right about who really holds the cards,  eh? 20 years and counting...   :'(

Fantasy is fine,  a necessary part of a healthy mental ecology and everything, but at some point reality bites. I'd lay odds that you would have ended your quest much sooner if you got hold of the realities.

What you see there is a common enough complaint of women on mamba.ru, in truth pretty much any dating site. Lots of fantasists,  weekend Romeos and blokes seeking a bigger better deal and not so many real men. At an age when women in Russia are looking to settle down she is seeking to sort wheat from chaff. You self selected as chaff,  again.

You want a woman to settle down with then look at women willing to consider a middle aged man such as yourself and who is willing to make a long term commitment. That's not many 22 year olds,  no matter how many such you have rented over the past few years. Here the proof is in the pudding. After so many years if your proposition was well founded don't you think that you'd have succeeded? We can exclude all the ones who you thought promising targets because,  well, if they were as promising as you hope,  you'd be tucked up with your little darling already,  but you ain't,  and that's the reality.

Worse yet,  the older you become the less you have to offer to the women you fantasise about. Your value is declining by the day.

We could replace 'you' with 'one' but the message remains the same. It makes sense to be realistic,  just as the woman Ed quotes is being. She might even have been a woman who rejected you a few years ago. Problem is that now she won't consider a bloke of your age as you ain't good marriage material.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: USA
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2016, 06:45:18 PM »

Я просто поперхнулась, читая эти строки...
Life of this girl is a pure horror.
In her place I would prefer do not have relationships with men at all.
There are so many interesting things in this life to do besides such traumatizing sex!!

Offline Anteros

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2016, 07:13:03 PM »
you do???

I think he means if she's not into yoga, but is into champagne.  :chuckle:

B/B

Yes, it was a reference to that old song. :)

Offline Anteros

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2016, 07:13:49 PM »

Lets be right about who really holds the cards,  eh? 20 years and counting...   :'(

Fantasy is fine,  a necessary part of a healthy mental ecology and everything, but at some point reality bites. I'd lay odds that you would have ended your quest much sooner if you got hold of the realities.

What you see there is a common enough complaint of women on mamba.ru, in truth pretty much any dating site. Lots of fantasists,  weekend Romeos and blokes seeking a bigger better deal and not so many real men. At an age when women in Russia are looking to settle down she is seeking to sort wheat from chaff. You self selected as chaff,  again.

You want a woman to settle down with then look at women willing to consider a middle aged man such as yourself and who is willing to make a long term commitment. That's not many 22 year olds,  no matter how many such you have rented over the past few years. Here the proof is in the pudding. After so many years if your proposition was well founded don't you think that you'd have succeeded? We can exclude all the ones who you thought promising targets because,  well, if they were as promising as you hope,  you'd be tucked up with your little darling already,  but you ain't,  and that's the reality.

Worse yet,  the older you become the less you have to offer to the women you fantasise about. Your value is declining by the day.

We could replace 'you' with 'one' but the message remains the same. It makes sense to be realistic,  just as the woman Ed quotes is being. She might even have been a woman who rejected you a few years ago. Problem is that now she won't consider a bloke of your age as you ain't good marriage material.

You're even older than B/B, so just what is your point?

Offline Anteros

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2016, 09:52:11 PM »

There are so many interesting things in this life to do besides such traumatizing sex!!

A brand new store has just opened in New York City that sells Husbands. When women go to choose a husband, they have to follow the instructions at the entrance:

"You may visit this store ONLY ONCE! There are 6 floors and the value of the products increase as you ascend the flights. You may choose any item from a particular floor or may choose to go up to the next floor, but you CANNOT go back down except to exit the building!"

So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband.

The 1st floor sign reads: Floor 1 - These men have jobs.

The 2nd floor sign reads: Floor 2 - These men Have Jobs and Love Kids.

The 3rd floor sign reads: Floor 3 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids and are extremely good looking.

"Wow," she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.

She goes to the 4th floor and The sign reads: Floor 4 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Good Looking and Help with Housework.

"Oh, mercy me!" she exclaims, "I can hardly stand it!" Still, she goes to the 5th floor and The sign reads: Floor 5 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Gorgeous, help with Housework and Have A Strong Romantic Streak.

She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the 6th floor and the sign reads:

Floor 6 - You are visitor 31,456,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please. Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store.

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: USA
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2016, 10:55:43 PM »

A brand new store has just opened in New York City that sells Husbands. When women go to choose a husband, they have to follow the instructions at the entrance:

"You may visit this store ONLY ONCE! There are 6 floors and the value of the products increase as you ascend the flights. You may choose any item from a particular floor or may choose to go up to the next floor, but you CANNOT go back down except to exit the building!"

So, a woman goes to the Husband Store to find a husband.

The 1st floor sign reads: Floor 1 - These men have jobs.

The 2nd floor sign reads: Floor 2 - These men Have Jobs and Love Kids.

The 3rd floor sign reads: Floor 3 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids and are extremely good looking.

"Wow," she thinks, but feels compelled to keep going.

She goes to the 4th floor and The sign reads: Floor 4 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Good Looking and Help with Housework.

"Oh, mercy me!" she exclaims, "I can hardly stand it!" Still, she goes to the 5th floor and The sign reads: Floor 5 - These men Have Jobs, Love Kids, are Drop-dead Gorgeous, help with Housework and Have A Strong Romantic Streak.

She is so tempted to stay, but she goes to the 6th floor and the sign reads:

Floor 6 - You are visitor 31,456,012 to this floor. There are no men on this floor. This floor exists solely as proof that women are impossible to please. Thank you for shopping at the Husband Store.

:ROFL:  :ROFL:  :ROFL:
Thank you. I really enjoyed this story.
I think it is not fair to come to this store only ones. You know, everything may happens in this life.....
My main criteria in choosing a man is simple: this men must love me.
Just to pretend to be picky, I would add another criteria: my man must be generous.
Generous with time, money, emotions, adventures, smiles...
That's all. Of course, there is no floor with such man.
How it happened that I am married?

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2016, 02:57:44 AM »
Ant,  try reading what I wrote. If you still don't understand then try asking a question about the content. If after reading you don't understand what I wrote then it is probably too big a cognitive leap to get 'the point' in one shot so we will take it in stages, OK?

Get back to me later on today,  yes?

Here's a clue for you though: If somebody has been trying to achieve a stated goal for a couple of decades without success it is quite likely that the methodology is flawed and that his,  or her, insights are likely to be of value only in their negative application.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2016, 03:36:55 AM »
Ant,  try reading what I wrote. If you still don't understand then try asking a question about the content. If after reading you don't understand what I wrote then it is probably too big a cognitive leap to get 'the point' in one shot so we will take it in stages, OK?

Get back to me later on today,  yes?

Here's a clue for you though: If somebody has been trying to achieve a stated goal for a couple of decades without success it is quite likely that the methodology is flawed and that his,  or her, insights are likely to be of value only in their negative application.

Are we discussing "The end of a rainbow"?

Has someone moved the damn thing AGAIN???

Aaaarrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhh..  :dh:
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2016, 04:36:46 AM »
The metaphor is probably quite apt.

As we know chasing the mythical pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is a fool's errand.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2016, 05:00:47 AM »
The metaphor is probably quite apt.

As we know chasing the mythical pot of gold at the end of the rainbow is a fool's errand.

Please Sir,

But moby does.

:ROFL:
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2016, 01:35:47 PM »
:ROFL:  :ROFL:  :ROFL:
Thank you. I really enjoyed this story.

There's actually a second part to that joke:

To avoid gender bias charges, the Husband Store’s owner opened a Wife Store just across the street.

The 1st first floor has wives that love sex.

The 2nd floor has wives that love sex and have money.

The 3rd through 6th floors have never been visited....

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2016, 01:37:40 PM »

She's aching for my presence in her heart and loins, much like the rest of my harem.  :-*

I refer your attention to the case of "Pot v. Kettle"....

It makes sense to be realistic....

Yes it does.  So all joking aside, why are you so invested in my supposed "failure" to the point where you make up a false narrative about my life?

Fifi, if I wanted to be married, I would simply drop the barest hint to any of the girls I am involved with, particularly the three who have already suggested it on their own.  The most common response would be "Yes!  How about tomorrow?"  I am quite happy in my life, thanks, but I am curious as to why you are so obsessed with it (my life, that is) that you need to address it in this thread, in another thread earlier this month, and others, periodically, as well? What gives?

First, I care little for what you say, aside from having to correct your falsehoods, as they arise.  Why is that?

Because I regard you as something somewhere between a joke and a bacillus.

Second, I am quite happy with my life, generally speaking, and certainly with my rather vigorous social life.  Why does this bother you so that you must comment on it, apropos of nothing, despite the fact that we have never met, and you know very little of my life?  Why are you so invested?  It seems you have some rather deep-seated psychological need to make yourself feel better about...yourself.  I'm sorry, old chap, but if you plan to do that at my expense, you're going to have to get used to disappointment.

Really, Andrew, please take such time as you have remaining to you and go engage in constructive pursuits.  Hate on me all you want, you're not going to hurt my eFeelings, nor affect my happiness in any way.

Go peddle your bitterness elsewhere, as I have no need for it.  :chuckle:

B/B

Offline Anteros

« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2016, 02:44:10 PM »
B/B I think you know I'm rooting for you.  Not to be pessimistic, however I suggest that you do indeed get married, before it's too late.

Did you ever see the romantic comedy "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past"??  Who knows, this might end up being you if you wait too long.

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2016, 02:59:01 PM »
Some people are quite content to never be married.
If any so choose this, good for them :)
Each to their own as it were.
If one believes he has time to wait, then so be it.
That time is different for each and no one really knows the date.
But getting married when your not ready would be a bigger mistake IMO.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2016, 04:14:05 PM »
bb, please don't insult yourself by making stupid comments.

You know full well that I am not 'invested' in you.  Why on earth would I be.
The points that I made are of general application,  if you think they apply to you then please feel free to take them in whatever manner you choose.  There is more to the world than you.

So,  you are just into shagging foreign birds. That's fine but at your age is that not just a tad empty? Is that all that you are worth or is the story not quite as you might now choose to share? (That's a rhetorical question, I have no need of any reply from you.)

However if all you are wanting to do is shagging a bit of foreign strange how is that relevant to advising other blokes about the possibility of getting married to women young enough to be your granddaughter? All that you know about in this regard is how to find cheap girlies from the countryside and show them a good time in the big city before jetting off to your solitary life in the USA. I  am sure that even you have come to understand the difference between meeting birds,  even on a semi regular basis,  for the proverbial 'good time' and a long term stable relationship back in your home country.

But really,  is that all you want from your life? It doesn't seem congruent with what you have shared in the past. Is this reduction in the scope of your relationships a reflection of the reality that chucking your muck into the future is not so easy with the age difference that you demand of any candidates? (Again that's a rhetorical question,  I don't really care because I think I know the answer and it ain't one you want to think too much about.)

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2016, 07:10:31 PM »
bb, please don't insult yourself by making stupid comments.

You first.

You know full well that I am not 'invested' in you. 

I would prefer that you weren't.  In fact, I would be fine if you could bring yourself not to address me at all.

The points that I made are of general application,  if you think they apply to you then please feel free to take them in whatever manner you choose.  There is more to the world than you.

Fifi, any post that starts by addressing me directly and throughout is probably about me. 

So,  you are just into shagging foreign birds.

Whether I am or not is none of your affair and requires no comment from you...yet you persist.  Why?

That's fine but at your age is that not just a tad empty?

Again, you go immediately for the negative.  Why?  Perhaps I simply enjoy mutually agreeable social relationships with a number of women with which I and they are well pleased.  Either way, how, exactly, is it your business and why would it require you to comment?

Is that all that you are worth or is the story not quite as you might now choose to share?

Why would I need to when you freely editorialize on your own?  Indeed, the last time you decided to attempt a broadside on my I was in the middle of helping a n00b. 

However if all you are wanting to do is shagging a bit of foreign strange how is that relevant to advising other blokes about the possibility of getting married to women young enough to be your granddaughter?

Andrew, I'm in my 40s.  A "woman" young enough to be my granddaughter would be a pre-teen, even assuming both I and the hypothetical parent of such granddaughter procreated upon reaching legal age, or shortly thereafter.

Do I need to point out to you how creepy/disgusting/illegal your suggestion is?

All that you know about in this regard is how to find cheap girlies from the countryside and show them a good time in the big city before jetting off to your solitary life in the USA.

Fifi, you know nothing/very little about my life, yet you cannot help yourself but discuss me.  For me, this is surreal.  Your act is long past it's "Sell By" date. 

But really,  is that all you want from your life? 

Let's assume I do.  What affair of it is yours?  Oh, right...NONE.

It doesn't seem congruent with what you have shared in the past. Is this reduction in the scope of your relationships a reflection of the reality that chucking your muck into the future is not so easy with the age difference that you demand of any candidates? (Again that's a rhetorical question,  I don't really care because I think I know the answer and it ain't one you want to think too much about.)

Riiiiiight.  You don't want to think about it so much that you brought it up.  I have noticed that you seem to mention "muck chucking" lately.  Why is this in the forefront of your consciousness?  At any rate, more than one of my girls has raised the topic of having my kids, in the future.  So not such a problem, for me, anyway, should I so choose, so your 'concern' is misplaced.

Really, Andrew, even in this post you cannot help but to speculate (incorrectly), about the circumstances of my life.  Let it go.  Surely you can focus your attention elsewhere.  How about starting now?  That would be great.

B/B

Registration