The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 89426 times)

Offline Gipsy

Re: Brexit
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2016, 11:00:24 AM »
Here is a few stories of Brits trying to claim benefits in Poland  :ROFL:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/412968/No-benefits-here-for-you-Poles-tell-jobless-Briton

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/19/-sp-search-for-only-briton-poland-claiming-benefits

I also tried myself in Estonia it was impossible  :ROFL: Its the same story all over the world If your a Brit and want to try to claim just try it!

Hey but guess what happens the other way around? The UK has slowly been given away to all and everyone. I watched "Saving St Ryan" the other night. Seems our grandparents died in vain on the beaches of Normandy..

It does seem that way, doesn't it?  Your grandparents fought a valiant fight against the Nazi's, only to have future generations welcome a new group of Nazi's (radical Muslims) with open arms.

That is exactly how it is 100%. The Uk has already Given away most of its industry and house hold names , not happy with that they want to GIVE AWAY the UK to any Tom Dick and harry.

Whilst doing so they are producing more soap operas than ever before to keep the general public occupied with something to think about.. :ROFL: In the UK most find more interesting who Ian Beal is ******* than whats going on in the country.

God knows how the country would manage with another Zulu war.. :laugh:

Not to worry Steve, the Zulus would need to get past our gallant French military..

Oh dear...... :ROFL:
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2016, 02:50:20 PM »
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/544816/Roma-Gypsy-Migrant-Boasts-Free-Money-Benefits-System-Mansion

'Migrant benefits built my £60k mansion. It's like FREE money,' boasts Roma gypsy"

YOU MEAN YOU STOLE HARD WORKING BRITS MONEY THEY HAD SPENT YEARS CONTRIBUTING?

:reading: Been reading I cannot clam anything in Romania!
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2016, 07:03:53 PM »

Couldn't vote with the two valid options .. YES and I'm Moby

To the 'wise ones' seeking brexit  :sick0012: ... kindly observe the direction the GBP has been taking since it looked like most might vote to leave...

Nuff said ..  :'(

Total bullsh1t.

The £ was holding steady for most of last year, whilst the Brexit was under discussion/still is.

Someone needs to install xe.com on their smart phone.. the GBP was sl. losing against the USD and Euro and when the first poll showed Brexit was favoured ... well - you - it proved who really is the BS'r  :coffeeread:

BTW Dearie, I know which street you lived in in Bedfordshire..   :laugh:

Wow, you know where I lived 40 plus years ago ? ..  As it that info is available - in a public place - all that proves is that you were

1/  interested enough to check

or

2/ You might realise who's the BS'r if you check in the mirror .

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2016, 06:38:44 AM »
In 10 years time where do you think David cameron will be ? What ever happens in Europe!

I can tell you now will be tucked up with his slippers on in front of a log fire eating Scottish salmon :laugh:

Is anyone here so stupid to believe anything else?, Cameron doesn't give a hoot about any of you peasants, his future is set, just like Tony Blair  and everyone before them. Its life. In todays world its everyone for yourself..

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2016, 07:06:26 AM »

Couldn't vote with the two valid options .. YES and I'm Moby

To the 'wise ones' seeking brexit  :sick0012: ... kindly observe the direction the GBP has been taking since it looked like most might vote to leave...

Nuff said ..  :'(

Total bullsh1t.

The £ was holding steady for most of last year, whilst the Brexit was under discussion/still is.

Someone needs to install xe.com on their smart phone.. the GBP was sl. losing against the USD and Euro and when the first poll showed Brexit was favoured ... well - you - it proved who really is the BS'r  :coffeeread:

BTW Dearie, I know which street you lived in in Bedfordshire..   :laugh:

Wow, you know where I lived 40 plus years ago ? ..  As it that info is available - in a public place - all that proves is that you were

1/  interested enough to check

or

2/ You might realise who's the BS'r if you check in the mirror .

From mid April to mid Nov last year, the £stayed above the benchmark of $1.50=£1, whilst all the talk of Brexit was going on, it dropped just below from march to April as it does most years, it only really started losing when the Fed raised the interest rates.
If you look at the graphs, you will in fact see, that during most of the year whilst Brexit was under discussion, the £ actually went upwards way past the benchmark against the $.

How's that for BS... sometimes moby me darlin, you are such a onanist, always trying to prove that you are right, and others are wrong, best give it up, and go back to bed..   :fighting0025:

The street where you lived was in humour, and if you had coma back with the Question, Where' name the street, my answer was long prepared.... Sesame Street...   :ROFL:
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2016, 07:34:21 AM »
Posting from cruising altitude over Europe onboard Emirates A380 to Dubai  ;D

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2016, 07:36:47 AM »

:plane: :thumbsup:

safe journey

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2016, 08:13:41 AM »

Safe journey and enjoy your holiday in India.

Hope you've got plenty of Imodium packed DS  :ROFL:
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
« Reply #33 on: February 05, 2016, 08:19:55 AM »

:plane: :thumbsup:

safe journey
Thanks  tiphat

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #34 on: February 05, 2016, 08:23:16 AM »

From mid April to mid Nov last year, the £stayed above the benchmark of $1.50=£1, whilst all the talk of Brexit was going on, it dropped just below from march to April as it does most years, it only really started losing when the Fed raised the interest rates.
If you look at the graphs, you will in fact see, that during most of the year whilst Brexit was under discussion, the £ actually went upwards way past the benchmark against the $.

oh dear.. I did tell you to check out xe.com..

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=USD&view=1Y

When did the fed announce an interest hike.. ? December

When did the first pro Brexit poll get announced  ?  November  ?

The markets regard Brexit as a negative..

You do know about graphs.. ?

TRY comparing the GBP v Euro - the GBP falls like a stone in November....

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=EUR&view=1Y

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
« Reply #35 on: February 05, 2016, 08:23:52 AM »

You bet your a**e  :ROFL:

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
« Reply #36 on: February 05, 2016, 08:26:36 AM »

You bet your a**e  :ROFL:
Have you been before and what/where is on the itenary?
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
« Reply #37 on: February 05, 2016, 10:21:37 AM »

Have you been before and what/where is on the itenary?
We went on our honeymoon to the Andaman Islands. This time we are visiting Delhi and the Taj. As we are withbkids and baby we haven't planned too much in advance.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2016, 10:50:38 AM »

oh dear.. I did tell you to check out xe.com..

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=USD&view=1Y

When did the fed announce an interest hike.. ? December

When did the first pro Brexit poll get announced  ?  November  ?

The markets regard Brexit as a negative..

You do know about graphs.. ?

TRY comparing the GBP v Euro - the GBP falls like a stone in November....

http://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=EUR&view=1Y

My comment was, quote The £ was holding steady for most of last year, whilst the Brexit was under discussion/still is.

Which you challenged, even your graph show I am/was correct, so please stop manipulating you story to try to support your argument.

I know what happened during November.
Brexit was being talked about for the majority of last year.

Maybe best if you take a break from being Moby for a while, and be someone useful.   :coffeeread:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2016, 01:18:18 AM »

My comment was, quote The £ was holding steady for most of last year, whilst the Brexit was under discussion/still is.

Your unfortunate tendency to try and ignore your own words proving you were clueless - is once again - noted...

Please check the dates you 'claimed' which prove that the FIRST POLL in favour of  UK BREXIT mark the large fall - not - as you 'suggested' the Fed interest rate cut - or do I need to post your folly in coloured text  ?  :chuckle:

Reminder...The GBP fell against a basket of currencies - not just the USD - in November - the date of the first Brexit ' no' poll ... the Fed cut was December  :coffeeread:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2016, 07:59:40 AM »

Gypsy.. why does the GBP fall against the Euro and the USD correspond with the first Brexit 'no ' poll and NOT the Fed increase.. a month later?

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2016, 02:29:06 PM »

Your unfortunate tendency to try and ignore your own words proving you were clueless - is once again - noted...

Please check the dates you 'claimed' which prove that the FIRST POLL in favour of  UK BREXIT mark the large fall - not - as you 'suggested' the Fed interest rate cut - or do I need to post your folly in coloured text  ?  :chuckle:

Reminder...The GBP fell against a basket of currencies - not just the USD - in November - the date of the first Brexit ' no' poll ... the Fed cut was December  :coffeeread:

Moby, what an excuse for a reprobate you seem to be...
I stated that FOR THE Most of last year, which you deliberately ignored, during this time Brexit was being discussed openly.
The first poll released was If I remember correctly, about the 11 nov 15, thereafter, the £ remained mostly above $1.50.
It stayed about this level +/- cents, until mid Dec, when the Fed announced an interest rate hike..
Check your graphs extremely. ( btw, I don't use xe.com, I find that they are not the best)..

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2016, 05:13:16 PM »

Gypsy

No need to prove you are just being obtuse..

That the GBP was reasonably firm before the first 'let's get out' was announced...

Thanks for  confirming my point....

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #43 on: February 07, 2016, 01:04:58 AM »

Gypsy.. why does the GBP fall against the Euro and the USD correspond with the first Brexit 'no ' poll and NOT the Fed increase.. a month later?

We were discussing the $ to the £ only, leave other currencies out of the discussion, as rates to different currencies rise and fall for many reasons.

I cannot copy and show the graph unfortunately, so here is the web page, point your mouse to any part on the graph, and it will give the exact date and rate.

http://www.x-rates.com/graph/?from=GBP&to=USD&amount=1

On the day of the publication of the Brexit poll results, and until the Fed interest rate hike, the £ remained just above the benchmark of $1.50=£1.

See for yourself stupid..

End Of...

Actually, the £ dropped on the 15/12/15 below $1.50 in anticipation of the fed rate increase, and continued to fall further there after.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #44 on: February 07, 2016, 02:36:54 AM »

We were discussing the $ to the £ only, leave other currencies out of the discussion, as rates to different currencies rise and fall for many reasons.

I raised the Euro to demonstrate that the GBP  fall was due to the first 'pro Brexit' poll result...of course you would want to exclude that...it's fall matched the Dollar.

I could have used the Thai Bhat or many other currencies..

I have already given you graph links that backed up that the worry about a Brexit started the GBP fall...yours does the same...

Thanks

Offline Manny

« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2016, 02:09:20 AM »
Two interesting videos here. Neither is short.

This one is a resident of Calais talking about life in Calais, the jungle and the migrants. In French with English subtitles.

This one is Nigel Farage talking at a Q&A in DC. He covers the UK relationship with the US, Obama, Putin and the EU. Ukraine is discussed too. Also interesting and not much to argue with.

Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2016, 02:59:39 AM »
Manny, this definitely seems like a serious problem, do you plan on relocating? 

Offline Manny

« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2016, 08:53:15 AM »
Manny, this definitely seems like a serious problem, do you plan on relocating?

It might take a few years for the migrant issues discussed to impact where we live, if they ever do, but never say never. Who knows what the future holds here? I am not against relocating if the situation warranted it. We discussed it seriously once or twice before.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2016, 11:28:36 PM »
It depends.  How far do you live from Birmingham? 

If you were to relocate, I have read many positive things about Poland. 

Good people, infrastructure, economy.  I read recently their economy is expected to perform even better in the next decade.  the same article predicted that Germany will have increasing economic problems. 

You would be relatively close to Russia which I am sure will be nice for your wife.  Easier access to her family. 

The western Belarusian oblasts of Grodno and Brest are more affluent than the others due to increased commerce with Poland. 

I haven't heard of too many migrants in Poland.  Not sure though. 

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2016, 03:52:14 AM »
It depends.  How far do you live from Birmingham? 

If you were to relocate, I have read many positive things about Poland. 

Good people, infrastructure, economy.  I read recently their economy is expected to perform even better in the next decade.  the same article predicted that Germany will have increasing economic problems. 

You would be relatively close to Russia which I am sure will be nice for your wife.  Easier access to her family. 

The western Belarusian oblasts of Grodno and Brest are more affluent than the others due to increased commerce with Poland. 

I haven't heard of too many migrants in Poland.  Not sure though.

My friend studied International business new Europe , moved to Poland with his girlfriend about eight years ago with nothing and now has a fair sized company there with about 20 staff.

Registration