The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Brexit  (Read 89440 times)

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 10-20
Re: Brexit
« Reply #1450 on: November 30, 2016, 09:23:45 AM »

One wonders what Moby's agenda is for wishing the survival/continuation of the EU?
Could it  be his desire to continue or revisit his nefarious business practices enabled by EU rules?
Or his desire to import his woman (again) using EU rules?
Or perhaps his yearning desire to see the Caliphate reign supreme in his home town?
Do tell.

As ever, DS misses out on the irony of his 'request' ..and became the source of a wry smile, this end

I'm so glad I've raised a smile on your mug.

1/ So you wish to discuss how I derive my income  [ 'nefarious' ?  -  any proof to back that up ? ..or are you quoting well informed sources ?  :chuckle: ] - yet you run to the mods to ensure I can't mention yours .... ?

I'm not the person whose miscapades are plastered over t'internet am I? So what I do for a living is nobody's concern, really, except that you try to make it so.

2/ Sun-worshippers don't choose the UK as their preferred residency .. and if in later life - she changes her mind ..  UK/ EU route.. it won't be an issue.
It soon might be as you'll have to fork out for the privilege.
Or are you another of our UK members who are happy to set any barrier higher having already 'imported' your own ?
One rule for all so it's a level playing field.
3/  My part of the world voted to remain - both homeland and constituency - Moby is quite comfortable with his 'neighbours', thanks ....

The vote was a UK vote, the majority voted out so you and the likes of Sturgeon can whine all you want but you'll be dragged to the Exit,  like it or not.

Sorry DS but I must push you for an apology here. Moby is certainly not one of my sort!!!  :censored:

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
« Reply #1451 on: November 30, 2016, 10:20:53 AM »

Sorry DS but I must push you for an apology here. Moby is certainly not one of my sort!!!  :censored:
Rosco, I never said he was.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #1452 on: November 30, 2016, 10:27:45 AM »
I'm not the person whose miscapades are plastered over t'internet am I?

I'm 'sorry' but the question was did you have any proof ? 

So what I do for a living is nobody's concern, really, except that you try to make it so.

:chuckle:

I merely raised it as you are happy to post bollox about my life, but 'cry foul' if I might try to do the same..especially bearing in mind the stuff you post and your employer..

The Directive is still in place and will be for the foreseeable future... :laugh:

Not that 'level' .. you paid thousands and seem to be 'envious' of those STILL able to use an EU/ EEA route...  ?

The vote was a UK vote, the majority voted out so you and the likes of Sturgeon can whine all you want but you'll be dragged to the Exit,  like it or not.

Indeed ? .. The 'U' in Kingdom is most defo not 'united' and the majority of Scots and even the N.Irish are now questioning if they want to stay ...

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
« Reply #1453 on: November 30, 2016, 10:55:36 AM »
I'm not the person whose miscapades are plastered over t'internet am I?

^^^Like I said, it's all over the internet. You know where so go do your own digging.
So what I do for a living is nobody's concern, really, except that you try to make it so.

I merely raised it as you are happy to post bollox about my life, but 'cry foul' if I might try to do the same..especially bearing in mind the stuff you post and your employer..
I refer you to my answer above. You smeared your own s**t across various fora so you've only yourself to blame if people draw their own conclusions.
Regarding what I post, nothing controversial there so don't try and deflect from your shortcomings.

The Directive is still in place and will be for the foreseeable future... :laugh:
It's days are numbered so better get your finger out if you want another freebie.

Not that 'level' .. you paid thousands and seem to be 'envious' of those STILL able to use an EU/ EEA route...  ?
I could afford to. You, on the other hand will face a few problems, no doubt.

Indeed ? .. The 'U' in Kingdom is most defo not 'united' and the majority of Scots and even the N.Irish are now questioning if they want to stay ...
Don't you get tired of repeating yourself, ad nauseum.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #1454 on: November 30, 2016, 11:25:47 AM »

^^^Like I said, it's all over the internet. You know where so go do your own digging.

Nope, you are simply demonstrating ignorance ..

What is plastered all over the internet ? You mean bollox spread here ?  That you repeat ?

I refer you to my answer above.

DS swerving from his doubled standards - I'm just amused you feel the need to get 'personal'

You smeared your own s**t across various fora so you've only yourself to blame if people draw their own conclusions.

I was and am still quite happy to correct those posting bollox ..

Regarding what I post, nothing controversial there so don't try and deflect from your shortcomings.

It's days [ Directive] are numbered so better get your finger out if you want another freebie.

Hey, thx for the 'advice' ..

I could afford to. You, on the other hand will face a few problems, no doubt.

There you go, AGAIN - demonstrating that you cannot have the first clue as to my/our circumstances...

It is only necessary when folks post bollox

Offline Contrarian

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #1455 on: November 30, 2016, 11:50:24 AM »

I just figured out where the ignore function is.  Mohabism is now on ignore:party0011:  :party0011:  :party0011:

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #1456 on: November 30, 2016, 12:36:49 PM »

I just figured out where the ignore function is.  Mohabism is now on ignore:party0011:  :party0011:  :party0011:

Ignore function is double-edged, nice but when folks start replying you don't see the the flow. I've never put anyone on ignore becasue I prefer to listen to all viewpoints, whether I agree with them or not, it's how you learn how others think, good or bad.

Putting people on ignore is like making love to a beautiful woman, first you like the sweet chit-chat and inane lovey-dovey talk, make you feel special and more handsome than you really are, then it really starts to get on your tits, and totally razzes you off. After a while you tune it out, then you start to miss it and take her off ignore, then she's fooked off with another bloke leaving you with a box of tissues and a copy of Razzle.

Come to think of it, putting people on ignore is rather the like the Z-eyes on Brooker's insane Black Mirror, the White Christmas episode. That man is a genius.

O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Manny

« Reply #1457 on: November 30, 2016, 02:54:50 PM »
Putting people on ignore is like making love to a beautiful woman,

Umm, well, it isnt.  :laugh:

Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #1458 on: November 30, 2016, 03:07:52 PM »

Rosco, I never said he was.

Just making sure my friend!!  ;D

Offline Manny

« Reply #1459 on: December 01, 2016, 02:09:02 AM »
The Moby and Wiz show will continue here:

http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php?topic=26128.0
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Wiz

« Reply #1460 on: December 01, 2016, 04:58:54 AM »
The free markets and the regressive illiberal Europe

The Neoliberalism of the Globalist Elite and their claimed ideal of the “free markets” favour the owners of assets while depressing incomes from labour. Austerity measures affect only the lower and middle classes and not the Elites.

Some people would say that Capitalism is inherently corrupt, because those who can cheat successfully for long enough (see the new POTUS “Tramp” and Banksters) do very nicely and always have done

Their claimed ideals to “free markets”, made on behalf of Capitalism, have been subverted in the construction of a system that is radically different from what its advocates claim. Today we have the most un-free market system ever created.

Politicians constantly claim on TV that we have a “Free Market system”. That is the system used to build the “Trading block called EU” together with its Eurozone side. Despite some remarkable steps forward which would have been unthinkable before the storm struck none of the complex and interlinked crises that have buffeted the Union have been structurally resolved and the EU and its members are suffering from the collateral damage, fragmentation, distrust, increased social and political divergence and inability to fairly balance national interests, reputation damage, as well as frustration with today’s Union.

How they can claim “free markets” exist when one person or a company is given a subsidy, using various forms and not the others or when they sell off common assets that belong to all of us at a discount to favoured individuals or company?

If we closely examine its “Market system”, we will discover that it favours Germany’s huge Trade surplus that impoverish the other members and is destroying their economical and social structures. Europe is becoming increasingly nationalistic, protectionist, discriminatory, xenophobic, intolerant and authoritarian.

After the Brexit vote and the collective failure to predict the impending earthquake and "sign of times", it would be a mistake to carry on as if nothing had happened. Those complaining and making every effort to cause trouble to the government, in the hope to stop the UK exit from the EU are nothing more than agents of the Globalist Elite, with some idiotic followers.

The UK is undoubtedly a special case and we must not forget its Empire history. There is a need to reflect more fundamentally on the state of European integration and its future prospects. All the years I have lived here in the UK, I never thought that the Brits will ever accept Germany to dominate and run the EU project and very soon will realise the effects of such prospect!

Next year’s commemoration of the 60th anniversary of the Treaty of Rome provides a good opportunity to ask some fundamental questions:

Where do we stand, What can we expect, What is the biggest threat, And how could we respond?

The biggest loser from Brexit will be Germany of course. More than half of the German trade surplus is comprised from 3 country sources: France, UK and USA.

We must not make the mistake of comparing a trade bloc (EU) with a country (UK). You can't do this. Insisting on such mistake will show us a fundamental misunderstanding of how trade works. Trade post Brexit will continue between the UK and EU member countries with a notable difference: There is a possibility of tariffs to be imposed by both sides. If tariffs imposed on German products that will slow down UK consumption but then that's a positive for the UK and a negative for Germany. In fact there is no other word in the English dictionary that scares a trade junkie like Germany more than “tariff”.

All you have to do is mention tariffs to Germany and watch them spin out of control.

As far as some decisions of Japanese automakers involving relocation is concerned that is not something a sovereign nation like the UK would allow to dictate its British foreign policy.

If the Japanese are scared and uncertain then they can use Ireland as an intermediary destination to accomplish the same thing (ship the auto exports to Ireland and from there to the EU with zero restrictions). There are creative ways about silly accounting problems you know.

The City of London is a major business and financial centre. Throughout the 19th century, the City was the world's primary business centre, and it continues to be a major meeting point for businesses. London came top in the Worldwide Centres of Commerce Index, published in 2008. As about the City of London.... not much will change, they are ready for the changes.

The real story about Brexit is not about exiting Europe. It is about the relationship between Britain and the United States. Britain’s number one trading partner is not Europe, it is the United States. And the United States and Britain have an incredibly close relationship on the military level, on the intelligence level, and other levels, and economic as well. The close relationship with what we call the Five Eyes. The Five Eyes that are allowed to see the deepest secrets: Britain, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and the United States. The Five Eyes function well and if the British came to the Americans and said look, we want to have a free trade agreement with you, how could the US say no?

This is the real debate going on in Europe that most of the press is hiding from us. It is, do we want a closer relationship with the United States or with the Europeans, and in a way, it doesn’t matter much. That relationship with the United States will develop even more.

The current government is doing very well keeping close all the cards near its chest. All other activity and comments is just a diversion so the British government to prepare themselves and be ready for next March, when officially it will revoke article 50.

So what happens next?

Anybody who has participated in any kind of negotiations must know that you get the feel, in the first 10 minutes, if a deal can be made or not. According to the Maastricht Treaty, when a new directive issued by the EU, already agreed by all governments, it has to be transposed to the National Law of the member states.

From what I have understood, from Cameron’s statements, the only sticky point is the “Freedom of Movement”, which the UK wants to have control. I am sure they will find some agreement to satisfy both sides and the UK and EU will continue trading as normal, with no tariffs. Meanwhile the UK will be able to make it’s own trading agreements with any other nation, that has no trade agreement with the EU.

Let’s not forget the UK is an island and has complete control of its borders.

PS: Manny before you ask, I have posted this article in my own board.
Why the sun does not shine on the Ex- British Empire Anymore? Because God never trusted an Englishman in the dark!

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #1461 on: December 01, 2016, 05:04:37 AM »
I just figured out where the ignore function is.  Mohabism is now on ignore

Good that you can confirm you are rude and ill bred.

Ignore function is double-edged, nice but when folks start replying you don't see the the flow. I've never put anyone on ignore becasue I prefer to listen to all viewpoints, whether I agree with them or not, it's how you learn how others think, good or bad.

Putting people on ignore is like making love to a beautiful woman, first you like the sweet chit-chat and inane lovey-dovey talk, make you feel special and more handsome than you really are, then it really starts to get on your tits, and totally razzes you off. After a while you tune it out, then you start to miss it and take her off ignore, then she's fooked off with another bloke leaving you with a box of tissues and a copy of Razzle.

While I do not have enough knowledge of making love to beautiful women, I concur about using ignore on a forum. If you can not read another opinion on a forum such as this I wonder how such a person functions in the real world.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #1462 on: December 01, 2016, 05:15:02 AM »

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

The Pot calling the Kettle springs to mind...

Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #1463 on: December 01, 2016, 09:59:43 AM »

The Pot calling the Kettle springs to mind...

Exactly! poor little man must be posting while sloshed again.   :thumbsup:

Offline Contrarian

« Reply #1464 on: December 01, 2016, 10:03:10 AM »
While I do not have enough knowledge of making love to beautiful women, I concur about using ignore on a forum. If you can not read another opinion on a forum such as this I wonder how such a person functions in the real world.

No wonder you're such an uptight little person.   :ROFL:    :ROFL:    :ROFL:

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #1465 on: December 01, 2016, 04:09:45 PM »
I feel sick  :sick0012: :drunk:

http://www.trouw.nl/tr/nl/39683/nbsp/article/detail/4426192/2016/12/01/Derden-mogen-straks-meekijken-in-je-bankrekening.dhtml

I am so happy for you guys, that you got brexit'd .....

The EU has totally tossed its cookies. This is a bad dream, wake me up.

The really-really-really short version:
Banks can be compelled to cooperate to sell client-information about payments made, current bank-balance and other details to third parties.

Nice example from the article:
Suppose you want a mortgage on a double-income with a stock-investor who sells mortgages.
The mortgage will be based on the married couples total income.
Stock broker asks their bank for their records, sees payment to a marriage counselor.
Mortgage is then denied.

Brrrrrrr.
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Maxx

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #1466 on: December 01, 2016, 05:37:29 PM »
I feel sick  :sick0012: :drunk:

http://www.trouw.nl/tr/nl/39683/nbsp/article/detail/4426192/2016/12/01/Derden-mogen-straks-meekijken-in-je-bankrekening.dhtml

I am so happy for you guys, that you got brexit'd .....

The EU has totally tossed its cookies. This is a bad dream, wake me up.

The really-really-really short version:
Banks can be compelled to cooperate to sell client-information about payments made, current bank-balance and other details to third parties.

Nice example from the article:
Suppose you want a mortgage on a double-income with a stock-investor who sells mortgages.
The mortgage will be based on the married couples total income.
Stock broker asks their bank for their records, sees payment to a marriage counselor.
Mortgage is then denied.

Brrrrrrr.

Little by little we are losing all our freedoms. It's really bad here in the States too. My mother is living on her retirement and veteran's benefits and some other programs for the aged. She is constantly taking and sending phone calls from and to various agencies wanting information on this or that so she doesn't get cut off. She is always filing out forms and presenting various copies of documents proving that she is in compliance. I just found out yesterday my medical coverage ended yesterday and now I am without medical insurance. All because a computer someplace notified a department that my measly Social Security went up $655.50 starting tomorrow and I am now considered too well off. I'll be glad when I get back to Georgia where they are too poor to put up with this nonsense and healthcare has to be affordable.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #1467 on: December 02, 2016, 02:51:22 AM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38178486

Zac Goldsmith ousted by Lib Dems in Richmond Park by-election

So, no snap general election, then ?  :chuckle:

Go on - tell me it was about Heathrow's 3rd runway :)

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #1468 on: December 04, 2016, 01:22:32 PM »
Those that live in the EU, how many years do you figure before the EU, will be no more?

Seems a few other countries might be ready to make their exit.
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
« Reply #1469 on: December 04, 2016, 03:23:10 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-38178486

Zac Goldsmith ousted by Lib Dems in Richmond Park by-election

So, no snap general election, then ?  :chuckle:

Go on - tell me it was about Heathrow's 3rd runway :)
Ah yes, the leftoid champagne guzzling liberatii are revelling in this victory. They think it's the great comeback of the cleggies and a second referendum on the cards.  :ROFL:
Meanwhile, the victor on a popular radio show.......

:ROFL: :ROFL:

=======================================

Mod note: Topic split for database health. new one is here: http://ruadventures.com/forum/index.php/topic,28347.0.html