The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Crisis in Russia = a cheap low maintenance Russian wife?  (Read 9885 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Crisis in Russia = a cheap low maintenance Russian wife?
« on: January 20, 2016, 05:40:57 AM »
I have been in the dating business some time now and have a very good idea of what most guys are seeking and expecting once they decide to start searching for a FSU women to marry especially new guys who wake up in the morning after a bad divorce or experience with a Western women.

If you was to ask a selection of 1000 men who have decided to try to find a FSU women for marriage a simple question like "Why don't you wish to marry a women from your own country?"

75/80% of the answers will follow this line:

1. US guys : a. American women think only of themselves    b.  American women are only interested in a career c. American women are materialistic . d. American women are not interested in a family.

2. Turkish/Arabic  : a.Turkish women are caprice  b. Turkish women are greedy c. Turkish women are materialistic

3. Western European men :  a. European women think only of them selfs  b. European women are never satisfied  c. European women are only interested in their careers . d. European women are very materialistic

From the same answers from thousands and thousands of guys its pretty easy to come to the conclusion that a huge majority of guys searching for a FSU women are doing so for one reason?

That reason is they are looking for a young beautiful women that will cost them nothing to maintain :ROFL:

Many will even go as far as asking the women "Have you a winter coat,hat, gloves" just to check out what the expenditure maybe with their new found love. I heard a story of one women married to a Middle Eastern guy complaining she had no new clothes to go out in. His answer was "Well you don't go out, your at home all day looking after house"
Many are tired after an expensive divorce or bitter parting and see marriage to a Russian women as a cheap alternative to not getting caught out again.

People can dispute this as much as they wish but I can tell you for 100% its the reason so many guys search a FSU women. And probably the reason why so many give up after such a short time realising things are not as they thought!

Of course Im not saying this is the case for all guys especially the experienced. But in general its the truth of the matter  :)

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: Crisis in Russia = a cheap low maintenance Russian wife?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 06:22:58 AM »
This venture/forum does seem to attract a few nutters to say the least.
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 06:24:31 AM »
This venture/forum does seem to attract a few nutters to say the least.

A few!! There are hundreds of thousands of them and the trains don't stop arriving with them ;D

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 06:53:51 AM »
I remember a few years ago reading serious advice that a bloke should check the condition of the teeth of any woman in whom he was interested.

The idea being that one should reject, as too costly, women who looked like they might need some dental work.

We have had multiple threads discussing the merits of dental work in this part of the world as compared to the United States.

These days it seems likely that women here will be better sorted in that regard than those from the USA.

The thing always reminded me of a slaver or groom checking the teeth of a prospective purchase or trade. More than a little unsettling.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 10:13:20 AM »
I remember a few years ago reading serious advice that a bloke should check the condition of the teeth of any woman in whom he was interested.

The idea being that one should reject, as too costly, women who looked like they might need some dental work.

We have had multiple threads discussing the merits of dental work in this part of the world as compared to the United States.

These days it seems likely that women here will be better sorted in that regard than those from the USA.

The thing always reminded me of a slaver or groom checking the teeth of a prospective purchase or trade. More than a little unsettling.

Those yanks love a set of pearly whites, as much as a large Soda and fries!

Offline Rockstar77

• Spouses Country: Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 03:31:44 PM »
I may be able to be the exception...hopefully. My fiancée knows the situation in Alberta Canada which is garbage considering the oil prices have tanked and everybody is getting jazzed on work and employment. I had to pack up from my once nice kick butt salary to unemployment money. I left because I had to look at it as pay 1500$ a month for an apartment or move home and be able to afford to go and see her even more frequently which rocks. We chose for me to go home and live with my parents. I'm surprised that never has she ever asked me to buy her anything. Considering that it's winter here in Ukraine...we have spent more time in the bedroom then doing exciting stuff. Maybe I met one of the gems I heard about when it came to Ukrainian women. But If I ever knew how warm and affectionate and caring these girls were 10 years ago...ohhhh I would have came in a heartbeat.

Offline TomT

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 03:48:31 PM »
^ It's not uncommon for adult children to live with their parents in the FSU so there isn't as much stigma attached as there would be in North America.

Offline Rockstar77

« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2016, 03:52:21 PM »
Opps...talking about Russia. Should have been more aware of the topic. Just half lit up on weird Ukrainian beer over here now. Hahaha. Ahhhh...hahaha...drunk in every photo if you want to see pics. Awesome.

Offline Rockstar77

« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2016, 03:59:11 PM »
Thanks Tom for the heads up. Yes I was talking to my future mother in law and she was more than happy that I went home for some odd reason. To her it was great that I was with my family. I hate it being at home to be honest.

Offline Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2016, 06:20:06 PM »
Very nice photos RockStar.   

I'm looking forward to a trip report. 

I can't wait to get back to the old soviet Soyuz myself! 

Offline TomT

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 10:04:01 AM »
Given the amount of drinking that goes on in Ukraine, it is likely that your fiancee's former boyfriends were drinkers, so you blend in. It is better to stand above the rest than to blend in, though. Since you intend to marry, it's time to contemplate about your priorities.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2016, 08:10:57 AM »

This is an old Mail order brides documentary, but if you look at the guy living in Lancashire its a common scenario , the women arrives only to be shocked what a flea pit the guy lives in and takes the first flight back..
Typical guy looking for a cleaner, washer up and low maintenance sex slave..

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2016, 09:26:46 AM »

This is an old Mail order brides documentary, but if you look at the guy living in Lancashire its a common scenario , the women arrives only to be shocked what a flea pit the guy lives in and takes the first flight back..
Typical guy looking for a cleaner, washer up and low maintenance sex slave..

Now that is a flea pit!! Only halfway through but the first girl has great character and is able to laugh it off. ....especially his drinking.

The guy reminds me of a member of RUA  :)

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2016, 11:51:27 AM »
I have to laugh at this thread, "A CHEAP Low maintenance Russian wife".

Forget about the costs for Hairdo's, Manicure's, Pedicures, Clothes, shoes/boots etc...

Look at the electric, hot/cold water, heating on full blast, air conditioning when temps reach +20 deg, costs.

And even worse, the costs for the amount of Fairy liquid and toilet paper they use. Ffs

Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2016, 12:50:46 PM »

Forget about the costs for Hairdo's, Manicure's, Pedicures, Clothes, shoes/boots etc...

Look at the electric, hot/cold water, heating on full blast, air conditioning when temps reach +20 deg, costs.

And even worse, the costs for the amount of Fairy liquid and toilet paper they use. Ffs

I'm not surprised that guy was skint, he was smoking and drinking constantly. His house was a  :censored: ing shisen hausen!

I don't reckon he had heating, his ac was the hole in the roof  :laugh:

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2016, 12:58:00 PM »

I'm not surprised that guy was skint, he was smoking and drinking constantly. His house was a  :censored: ing shisen hausen!

Im not sure where he found that women though, on some Siberian Yeti site I think :)

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2016, 01:00:25 PM »

I'm not surprised that guy was skint, he was smoking and drinking constantly. His house was a  :censored: ing shisen hausen!

Im not sure where he found that women though, on some Siberian Yeti site I think :)

She was a well built girl wasn't she? Cracking personality anyway, least she managed to laugh off the pauper and his cesspit.

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2016, 01:38:36 PM »

Saw that when it came out - think Stu had a pop at the bouncer guy at the time on another forum....

Subs amused me, she dropped a beetroot or sth and said on subbies ' :censored: ing hell' whereas she actually said 'chort' i.e. 'devil' or sort of 'damn'...

The best one is Louis Theroux's Weird Weekends, Looking for Love - Thai Brides....

O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2016, 01:50:10 PM »

Saw that when it came out - think Stu had a pop at the bouncer guy at the time on another forum....

Subs amused me, she dropped a beetroot or sth and said on subbies ' :censored: ing hell' whereas she actually said 'chort' i.e. 'devil' or sort of 'damn'...

The best one is Louis Theroux's Weird Weekends, Looking for Love - Thai Brides....

I watched a few of them the other day, these guys who go on these tours really are desperate as well as stupid!
They shouldn't be called Romance Tours more like Humiliation Tours.. :rolleye0009:

Offline Ste

• RIP
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2016, 02:01:31 PM »

I watched a few of them the other day, these guys who go on these tours really are desperate as well as stupid!
They shouldn't be called Romance Tours more like Humiliation Tours.. :rolleye0009:

I've watched and collected copies of them all and this is the most classic! I've got DJ Ray Heim from BBC Scotland's World Weddings - another fruitcake....

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2016, 02:30:17 PM »
Here are the top 10 countries to find a Mail Order Brides, apparently Russia is number 1. But I don't think thats correct the Philippines is the number one destination for sure.

Offline Ste

• RIP
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2016, 02:49:48 PM »
Here are the top 10 countries to find a Mail Order Brides, apparently Russia is number 1. But I don't think thats correct the Philippines is the number one destination for sure.

Gotta be Thai now, food is eon's better anyway!! Much as I like borsch, I'm not keen on compressed slugs in a jar and fish with it's head still on.

Offline Anteros

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2016, 03:24:03 PM »

Gotta be Thai now, food is eon's better anyway!! Much as I like borsch, I'm not keen on compressed slugs in a jar and fish with it's head still on.

Find a Ukrainian or Russian gal and take them for vacation to Thailand!  Simples.  Just try not to run into Moby.  :laugh: :-X
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2016, 03:28:09 AM »

Find a Ukrainian or Russian gal and take them for vacation to Thailand!  Simples.  Just try not to run into Moby.  :laugh: :-X

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2016, 05:17:15 AM »

That IS funny-   but I'm not in Thailand, any more - do try to keep up with my 'globe-trotting while on benefits/ secret missions for CIA/ MI5'  :chuckle:

Thailand  - for Russians - is more expensive  - food / accommodation wise - than staying at home  - but it is not expensive to most western nations with reasonably stable - non - oil reliant-  economies/ currencies.

Our apartment - rented for three months is 6500 Bhat / month... it was 6000 Roubles four years ago - so it has more than doubled to Russians- Our first months electricity bill was 1700 Bhat - 33 GBP - 50 USD - probably aircon. That is cheap - but SC had been before and the lady is hoping to sell up - as the home was bought as an investment  - but tourist numbers - even in high season are down.

So, SC gets to spend winter in a hot, sunny place and lives off Mangos, Coconuts and salads - she is in heaven.  She is defo not 'expensive to run' in this respect  :chuckle:

I would agree with Ste that it has to be right up there as a destination for 'ol gits seeking someone on their arm - I saw SO many dessicated fossils or sl. younger obese w.European men  - mainly Germans - with [ not v. attractive] lasses that could be their great grand kids.

I didn't see any Russian speaking guys indulge in such activities.

If you are desperate, I doubt any ugly guy would fail to pull there...

We only ventured into Pattaya at night time- once - that was enough .. every bar had a surplus of Thai lasses seeking company and the 'ol gits seems to think it was great to be have such attention. I cannot imagine what long term 'gifts' one might encounter as a result of such a liaison...

The most 'annoying' thing was that many w.Europeans though SC was Thai   :chuckle:- Asiatic cheekbones and tanned ..I would arrive on the beach each lunchtime to find single guys - like flies - dotted around within 5m.. They always seemed to go home / move within 5 minutes of  our arrival [ dog and me ] ..She is well used to being propositioned and responds that she is Russian - not Thai - in   English - that she would simply like to sunbathe in peace and is 'married' .. most w.European guys accept that.  Thai males - one their lunch break - from building a 50 storey condo - just stare from a distance and pretend not to be taking photos ... :rolleye0009:

Here is a photo I took when approaching quietly- whilst on the move - you can see the dog has run ahead and five single guys are in close proximity  :'(

You'll note the beach beyond is pretty empty  :chuckle:

I took a coach back to the airport in Bangkok - and there was only one w.lass and a Thai family - the rest were single w.European and N.American guys .... hmm 

Thailand has beautiful beaches and it was a great place to go when UK/ Russia are stormy and damp or in brass-monkey mode.

SC is on her way back from a  'visa run' to Laos  - you get 30 days stay at the airport on entry - and she is extending it for another 60 with an overnighter in Laos - she has been to Cambodia - and still prefers Thailand  ?

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Registration