The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Things are a changing... rapidly!  (Read 5619 times)

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Things are a changing... rapidly!
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2016, 10:59:03 AM »

Money doesn't buy love! It just buys a cheap slut  :)
Or an expensive one.
For once I agree with you, Andy.
However when a guy is young, good looking, very intelligent with great sense of humor it's not hard for a woman (even if she is a 9 or a 10) to fall in love with. The ability to offer a luxury lifestyle to a woman doesn't hurt either. All women (and men for that matter) will choose a very comfortable lifestyle versus poor or average middle class lifestyle all things being equal. Wouldn't you agree?

I would say that guy has some either mental problem or some physiological problems some where! I know about these things :)

1.If a guy has so much to offer and so much cash why on earth would he want to travel to Russia to meet a women?

2. Ok he wants a Russian women for some reason, thats his choice. He cannot find in his home country?? Even with such a lavish life style?

But if you are very wealthy and looking for a young beauty queen you certainly do not need to travel to Russia to meet a women for marriage, London is absolutely full of beautiful young women from Russia and all over the  globe?
If I was very wealthy and living in London I think 2/3 days I could pick up some beauty ( Im lucky I can do without being wealthy :laugh: )

So what is the problem there, why has such a good catch not been taken?

There is usually some problem. For example maybe he doesn't want a women in the UK JUST incase she tries to rip him off, so naturally he thinks go to Russia pick up a women who doesn't know about these thing :laugh:

There is always some problem with these types of guys and that problem is why they cannot find a women.

I would like to interview a few guys like this it would be very interesting to see what makes them tick when it comes to dating. Probably would find out most are complete nutters!!
Why do some people like to assume? What makes you think that he is not dating locally? Well, he is. Have you considered that his standards might differ from yours and he is just looking for the best in terms of looks, personality, education? Why do you always have to judge some one without even knowing a person? I got to know the guy and have a lot of respect for him. He is looking for a complete package which is not easy to find and he is not looking to settle. I will help him find her.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2016, 11:08:05 AM »

Or an expensive one.
However when a guy is young, good looking, very intelligent with great sense of humor it's not hard for a woman (even if she is a 9 or a 10) to fall in love with. The ability to offer a luxury lifestyle to a woman doesn't hurt either. All women (and men for that matter) will choose a very comfortable lifestyle versus poor or average middle class lifestyle all things being equal. Wouldn't you agree?

I would say that guy has some either mental problem or some physiological problems some where! I know about these things :)

1.If a guy has so much to offer and so much cash why on earth would he want to travel to Russia to meet a women?

2. Ok he wants a Russian women for some reason, thats his choice. He cannot find in his home country?? Even with such a lavish life style?

But if you are very wealthy and looking for a young beauty queen you certainly do not need to travel to Russia to meet a women for marriage, London is absolutely full of beautiful young women from Russia and all over the  globe?
If I was very wealthy and living in London I think 2/3 days I could pick up some beauty ( Im lucky I can do without being wealthy :laugh: )

There is usually some problem. For example maybe he doesn't want a women in the UK JUST incase she tries to rip him off, so naturally he thinks go to Russia pick up a women who doesn't know about these thing :laugh:

There is always some problem with these types of guys and that problem is why they cannot find a women.

I would like to interview a few guys like this it would be very interesting to see what makes them tick when it comes to dating. Probably would find out most are complete nutters!!
Why do some people like to assume? What makes you think that he is not dating locally? Well, he is. Have you considered that his standards might differ from yours and he is just looking for the best in terms of looks, personality, education? Why do you always have to judge some one without even knowing a person? I got to know the guy and have a lot of respect for him. He is looking for a complete package which is not easy to find and he is not looking to settle. I will help him find her.

I wish you the every success.
Your client will unfortunately have to make do with second best, because he's not getting my lady.
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2016, 11:11:00 AM »

Or an expensive one.

Your client will unfortunately have to make do with second best, because he's not getting my lady.

Yes he's not having mine either so looks like third best  :chuckle:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2016, 12:05:55 PM »
I will help him find her.

If the money's right why wouldn't you?
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2016, 12:15:00 PM »

Looks like everyone is being scammed some $10,000 at a time!  :'(

http://www.onlinepersonalswatch.com/news/2016/01/sextortion-and-scams.html

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2016, 12:17:51 PM »

Looks like everyone is being scammed some $10,000 at a time!  :'(

http://www.onlinepersonalswatch.com/news/2016/01/sextortion-and-scams.html
This has been going on for a couple of decades now, why is this News?

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2016, 12:19:29 PM »

Or an expensive one.

are you saying that yours is second best??? LOL  :chuckle:

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2016, 12:31:37 PM »

Or an expensive one.

:ROFL:
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2016, 06:19:07 PM »
[

Steveboy,

Why did you go to another nation to find your wife  ?..

I only ask - as so much of your opinion seems to be applicable to yourself and other members who have travelled to the FSU searching for 'the one' ... incl. me 

Even Ed, a Russian by birth knew where to look...:coffeeread:
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2016, 09:30:17 PM »

Or an expensive one.

Some members here such as Leslied like to judge me without knowing me either. 

Offline redroo

• Spouses Country: FSU
  • Trips: Semi-Resident
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2016, 11:05:29 PM »
so......just interested to find out how my points giving compares then, since we are all within 5% according to some.
I rated her a 9.5 (looks, education 2 degrees, languages 3 fluent)

Offline redroo

« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2016, 11:21:27 PM »
Just to add, this woman is a real person, a dear long term friend (who I will not name, or identify her city),
but has had her photos stolen and used on dating sites without her knowledge and approval. If anyone here is communicating with "her"....you are being scammed 100% but not by her. She is not available. If "they" are using this photo...it is 6 years old. I know ;-)

Offline leslied

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2016, 11:38:10 PM »
Some members here such as Leslied like to judge me without knowing me either.

Actually, Omega that is not true.  I have not scorned you. 

I have simply pointed out that it is perfectly possible to succeed in today's scene  :thumbsup:

When I started out I made many stupid mistakes but I tried to learn from them; to recognize where I was going wrong;  to change my approach; to adopt strategies which worked for me.

I encourage you to do the same.  I genuinely wish you luck in your search.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2016, 12:14:17 AM »
[

Steveboy,

Why did you go to another nation to find your wife  ?..

I only ask - as so much of your opinion seems to be applicable to yourself and other members who have travelled to the FSU searching for 'the one' ... incl. me 

Even Ed, a Russian by birth knew where to look...:coffeeread:

I never intended to even visit Russia or meet a Russian women!

In short a long time back one of my friends found out his wife was seeing other guys and was secretly registered at a dating site, it was a long time back , something like Match.com in the UK. We made a fake profile to catch her out and chatted to her for a week or so :ROFL: Of course they divorced after, but anyway whilst on this site (I had never been on any dating site before) there was one girl from Moldova she was the only foreign girl there all the rest were local and UK. So I got chatting, I was only recently divorced myself, three weeks later I was in Moldova!! Never been to Eastern Europe. Loved it! So the journey began.. :8)

One month before this I would never of dreamed of travelling to another country to meet a women I thought that sort of thing was for nutters! It was just by pure coincidence it happened to me ;D

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2016, 12:19:57 AM »

I never intended to even visit Russia or meet a Russian women!

In short a long time back one of my friends found out his wife was seeing other guys and was secretly registered at a dating site, it was a long time back , something like Match.com in the UK. We made a fake profile to catch her out and chatted to her for a week or so :ROFL: Of course they divorced after, but anyway whilst on this site (I had never been on any dating site before) there was one girl from Moldova she was the only foreign girl there all the rest were local and UK. So I got chatting, I was only recently divorced myself, three weeks later I was in Moldova!! Never been to Eastern Europe. Loved it! So the journey began.. :8)

One month before this I would never of dreamed of travelling to another country to meet a women I thought that sort of thing was for nutters! It was just by pure coincidence it happened to me ;D

Was that your 'excuse' ... ?

Now, you run a dating site for guys to find real women from the FSU and many of us have wives / partners haven CHOSEN - deliberately - to look to the FSU.

So, must of us are your  'nutters'... :coffeeread:

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline redroo

« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2016, 12:30:51 AM »
I also didn't go to Russia to meet a girl. I went to cross the country on the Trans Siberian Express...something I had wanted to do since I learnt of it as a child enthralled with travel. Met my first girlfriend there on the train  :biggrin:

Online Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2016, 01:29:00 AM »
I also didn't go to Russia to meet a girl. I went to cross the country on the Trans Siberian Express...something I had wanted to do since I learnt of it as a child enthralled with travel. Met my first girlfriend there on the train  :biggrin:

I did the Transsiberian last March.  I made it all the way to Vladivostok. 

I want to make it to Kamchatka and Yakutsk before my Russian visa expires. 

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2016, 02:56:38 AM »

Or an expensive one.

Noooo!!   :laugh:  I have my perfect young beauty queen, took me a long time to find her..

Offline D.Pernauld

« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2016, 04:17:57 PM »
May I ask which is Steve's site?

I am well aware that on ANY site the top 5% of women get 90% of the attention.  That has ALWAYS been true.  I would not dream of searching in that cat fish pond!

Yeah, but what % of men actually get on a plane?  The numbers are still in the man's favor in that respect.
This sounds interesting. For me it's fairly easy to travel, I'm self employed, I live near Vienna Airport which has good connections with Eastern Europe, and I make enough money to afford travelling. When I write to women, what would you recommend I do to make them realize I'm not a keyboard Romeo and therefore a person worth pursuing?

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2016, 09:30:13 PM »
^ Telling women that you are serious will not set you apart; they hear this from all guys, both domestic and foreign. The best course of action is to maintain daily, thoughtful communication and to visit within weeks, not months. They have to understand for themselves that you have value... without any prompting. 

Offline D.Pernauld

« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2016, 03:37:16 AM »
By the way Ed, how did it go with the London guy? And how often do you update your website?

Offline AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2016, 06:34:55 AM »
^ Telling women that you are serious will not set you apart; they hear this from all guys, both domestic and foreign. The best course of action is to maintain daily, thoughtful communication and to visit within weeks, not months. They have to understand for themselves that you have value... without any prompting.

Knowing the culture and history will help in your search. Understand that you are dealing with the element Woman, rather difficult to pin down it has qualities like Mercury and gold but also oxygen and hydrogen. Get polished and groomed.

Would not recommend discussing politics better to do that on RUA, there are enough present who have an opinion or two.

Good luck.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Eduard

• Commercial member
    • realrussianmatch.com
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2016, 11:20:30 AM »
By the way Ed, how did it go with the London guy? And how often do you update your website?
I found several excellent prospects for him and he met 3 of them on his own. However he didn't feel that they were up to his standard. After I had worked for him for 4 months he basically told me that he is not interested in ordinary women. The women who would interest him would have to come from the "high class" background, daughters of wealthy businessmen who "know how to act in the high society circles" and of course have to have model looks. He is now using an exclusive matchmaking agency who according to him have women like that. I'm interested to know how that works out for him. We are still communicating on a regular basis and he asks for my opinion here and there. By all measures his standards are extremely high, but he is very successful, good looking and still relatively young so he may find what he is looking for eventually. Who knows if it will last but hey, that's life.

On the other hand my other European client who is seriously disabled went to Ukraine to visit the girl I found for him. The trip went extremely well and now he is working on her visiting him in Europe. They are very serious.

When we first started talking with her she seemed very genuine to me. When the subject of possible relationship came up she was very open and honest and told him that she really likes him as a person and would love to remain friends but just can't envision herself being in a romantic relationship with a man with this kind of disability. He was very upset and discouraged, but I told him that this response from her was actually a good thing. It meant that she was genuine and wasn't trying to use him. I suggested to him that he continues talking to her while we keep on contacting and chatting with other girls. I told him: "Look, she obviously likes your intellect and your personality. What you need to do is just be a good friend to her, always be there for her to the point where she is "addicted" to talking to you and always have you there for her. Because she is so genuine it is very likely that you can make a move from the "Friends only" zone because she can't envision herself being with a disabled man to "Romantic love" zone because she can't envision herself being without YOU.

It worked exactly as I thought it would. At some point when he was busy with work or communicating with other girls and wouldn't have the time to write to her for a day or two she would start getting jealous!!!   Long story short, she really wanted to meet him and see how it goes. They met and things couldn't be better.
It is too early to celebrate but I have a feeling that they may become a very happy couple.

I'm really happy that I was able to help this man. Sometimes I was very discouraged by the lack of interest in him by the FSU women, which wasn't unexpected but still not easy to deal with. Right now we are looking forward to her visiting him.       

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2016, 01:06:48 PM »
I found several excellent prospects for him and he met 3 of them on his own. However he didn't feel that they were up to his standard. After I had worked for him for 4 months he basically told me that he is not interested in ordinary women. The women who would interest him would have to come from the "high class" background, daughters of wealthy businessmen who "know how to act in the high society circles" and of course have to have model looks. He is now using an exclusive matchmaking agency who according to him have women like that. I'm interested to know how that works out for him. We are still communicating on a regular basis and he asks for my opinion here and there. By all measures his standards are extremely high, but he is very successful, good looking and still relatively young so he may find what he is looking for eventually. Who knows if it will last but hey, that's life.

On the other hand my other European client who is seriously disabled went to Ukraine to visit the girl I found for him. The trip went extremely well and now he is working on her visiting him in Europe. They are very serious.

When we first started talking with her she seemed very genuine to me. When the subject of possible relationship came up she was very open and honest and told him that she really likes him as a person and would love to remain friends but just can't envision herself being in a romantic relationship with a man with this kind of disability. He was very upset and discouraged, but I told him that this response from her was actually a good thing. It meant that she was genuine and wasn't trying to use him. I suggested to him that he continues talking to her while we keep on contacting and chatting with other girls. I told him: "Look, she obviously likes your intellect and your personality. What you need to do is just be a good friend to her, always be there for her to the point where she is "addicted" to talking to you and always have you there for her. Because she is so genuine it is very likely that you can make a move from the "Friends only" zone because she can't envision herself being with a disabled man to "Romantic love" zone because she can't envision herself being without YOU.

It worked exactly as I thought it would. At some point when he was busy with work or communicating with other girls and wouldn't have the time to write to her for a day or two she would start getting jealous!!!   Long story short, she really wanted to meet him and see how it goes. They met and things couldn't be better.
It is too early to celebrate but I have a feeling that they may become a very happy couple.

I'm really happy that I was able to help this man. Sometimes I was very discouraged by the lack of interest in him by the FSU women, which wasn't unexpected but still not easy to deal with. Right now we are looking forward to her visiting him.     

Fair play to the pair of them, wish them every luck.. :thumbsup: