The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russia highway robbery: Official 'stole 50km road'  (Read 331 times)

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Russia highway robbery: Official 'stole 50km road'
« on: January 14, 2016, 08:48:35 PM »
You couldn't make this up ....

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-35312492

'A senior prison official has been detained in Russia accused of stealing a 50km (31-mile) length of highway.
Police said Alexander Protopopov, acting deputy chief of Russia's prison service, oversaw the dismantling of the road in the far-northern Komi region.
He then sold off its 7,000 reinforced concrete slabs for personal profit, they added.'

If found guilty, he may end up re-laying his road.....and that would be poetic justice.

Offline Gipsy

Re: Russia highway robbery: Official 'stole 50km road'
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2016, 09:18:46 AM »
Why is it that your posts seem to show up late?
Is it my computer at fault?
Are you so far away that it takes a long time for your posts to arrive??
Maybe your computers battery needs charging... ???
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2016, 10:54:00 AM »
Why is it that your posts seem to show up late?
Is it my computer at fault?
Are you so far away that it takes a long time for your posts to arrive??
Maybe your computers battery needs charging... ???

Moby for reasons unbeknown to me is a watched member. His posts have to be approved before they appear.

I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Online msmoby

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2016, 07:35:03 PM »
Hi Gypsy, [ and thanks aka Luke - shocked ]

I am permanently in the ' doghouse'   I look forward to you receiving an explanation from 'management'  :chuckle: - whose'tactic is - if my posts even make it - that they arrive after 'the page gets turned' - therefore might be over-looked  :coffeeread:

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2016, 02:21:26 AM »

I am permanently in the ' doghouse'   I look forward to you receiving an explanation from 'management'  :chuckle: - whose'tactic is - if my posts even make it - that they arrive after 'the page gets turned' - therefore might be over-looked  :coffeeread:

What are you shocked about?

Whereabouts in Thailand are you and how's the weather?
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Online msmoby

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2016, 02:36:42 AM »

What are you shocked about?

''Moby for reasons unbeknown to me''   :chuckle:

Whereabouts in Thailand are you and how's the weather?

North of Pattaya at the mo - not far from the biggest wooden building in the world - or so they say..The weather is greyish today...it poured down early doors, but didn't effect madame's own form of worship .. :chuckle:

Went to 'walking street', last night... full of 'ol gits looking to hit on Thai lasses who seen cool with being on the arm of a relic. Very sad, really.

Where we are is quiet, beach to ourselves... Mostly Russians and Germans - but it's certainly not heaving - despite being the 'peak season'.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2016, 08:08:36 AM »

Maybe I will, and there again, maybe I won't.
It is a little confusing at times, when one has to page back to read posts from you.
I can however, fully understand why this is happening, as some of your posts do tend to contain "manipulated" truths/facts.
But there again, you have always been "that" sort of person..  :biggrin:
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Online msmoby

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2016, 07:05:16 PM »

I can however, fully understand why this is happening, as some of your posts do tend to contain "manipulated" truths/facts.

Aha, so my posts - according to you - contain 'manipulated truths/ facts' ..remind me not to quote

1/ Rosstat - which 'burst your bubble' re house prices in Sochi being 'cheap' ..
2/ The Russian Finance minister  - you suggested a price nearly 4 times less to balance the Russian budget than him... 

:coffeeread:

''But there again, you have always been "that" sort of person..  :biggrin:''

You intimate that you have 'known' me for a long time... You may have been reading facts about my life-style by certain members  :chuckle: