The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Fraudsters Automate Russian Dating Scams  (Read 3852 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Fraudsters Automate Russian Dating Scams
« on: January 10, 2016, 10:16:44 AM »

Many fraudsters can now buy a package to help them learn the tricks of the trade when it comes to mail order bride dating sites.

https://krebsonsecurity.com/2016/01/fraudsters-automate-russian-dating-scams/

But to be honest most of the tricks they use are so stupid its beyond belief that any normal educated guy could possibly fall for them... but people still do
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
Re: Fraudsters Automate Russian Dating Scams
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2016, 03:33:46 PM »
I read about this a few days ago. But yes, just the latest version of the scheme.

Looks like a major beneficiary of this version is that the call center owner rather than the spammer.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2016, 03:54:09 AM »
I read about this a few days ago. But yes, just the latest version of the scheme.

Looks like a major beneficiary of this version is that the call center owner rather than the spammer.

If you read about the letters and take a look at the letter templates they are using it's pretty stupid.  Just comes down to common sense and you will never even have to worry about scammers :)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2016, 09:07:06 AM »
The single core truth about common sense is that it is very far from being common.

The art of the con suggests that an honest person can not be conned. Honesty dictates that we should not expect extraordinary results from ordinary inputs. An ordinary person expecting to marry 'out of his league' is in this sense being dishonest with himself and is thus a viable target for a scamner.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 09:18:29 AM »
The single core truth about common sense is that it is very far from being common.

The art of the con suggests that an honest person can not be conned. Honesty dictates that we should not expect extraordinary results from ordinary inputs. An ordinary person expecting to marry 'out of his league' is in this sense being dishonest with himself and is thus a viable target for a scamner.

Oh god!!That means 95% of guys searching a women for marriage will be scammed and thats about right. :)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2016, 09:24:15 AM »
I guess the numbers don't lie then. :)

Offline Deasonstacy

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2016, 03:39:40 AM »
Well, I don't know how that package works, but yes there are some ways that can help in recognizing scammers while dating with Russian woman online. When you will read this blog: [spam removed], it will become very easy for you to differentiate between a genuine girl and a scammer. So, find your special one, but with some cautiousness.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2016, 03:50:34 AM »
Well, I don't know how that package works, but yes there are some ways that can help in recognizing scammers while dating with Russian woman online. When you will read this blog: [spam removed], it will become very easy for you to differentiate between a genuine girl and a scammer. So, find your special one, but with some cautiousness.

Some guys will get scammed what ever they read , they are prone to it.. no need to read up how to avoid scammers if you use common sense and stay realistic. If not and you do become the victim of a scammer tough luck no body wants to hear the sob story!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2016, 09:44:12 AM »
As I have said many times before nearly all scammers on any FSU dating site are from Ukraine!

If your searching specifically for a Ukrainian women for marriage your chances of finding a young women under 27/28 who is genuine is pretty well zero! best to even forget about the idea..

And as I said so many times I get sick and tired of removing fake young Ukrainian women day after day hour after hour minute after minute ..

http://globaldatinginsights.com/2016/04/15/is-profile-verification-becoming-a-smokescreen-on-dating-sites/?platform=hootsuite

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2016, 12:06:03 PM »
As I have said many times before nearly all scammers on any FSU dating site are from Ukraine!

For once, I agree with Steveboy - but his 'article' is probably just Elena's Models trying to sell their model of contacting women..... The reasoning in the article is largely- politically - 'bollox' - as the market for seeking Russian women has declined due to a combination of mutual distrust and Ukraine not requiring a Visa for many 'western' visitors.

If your searching specifically for a Ukrainian women for marriage your chances of finding a young women under 27/28 who is genuine is pretty well zero! best to even forget about the idea..

Again, I'd agree that the chances are slimmer - but the lack of 'genuineness' is more down to marrying later and mistrust of most of the 'suitors' - who never get on the plane- and never had any intention or the money...'keyboard romeos'.

There are PLENTY of lasses on 'local ' dating sites that don't use the pay per contact model that have put up their own profile and are jaded... with online dating in general.

Most lurkers / seekers on here are older and should be more realistic about 'pulling' some hottie who is younger than their daughter / son .. no matter if it's Ukraine or any other FSU nation

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2016, 04:43:59 AM »
Its also the poor women from the FSU who are also being scammed, I have heard of many stories of women sending money to Nigerian scammers..

Most Dating sites have the same lot operating "General" this or "Commander" that from the US army  :laugh:

http://bride.ru/ph/htcgi/men/282/282997P1.html

http://bride.ru/ph/htcgi/men/278/278184P1.html

Registration