The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2490 times)

Offline headslash

• Trips: None Yet
Hello
« on: January 09, 2016, 04:09:19 PM »
Just found the site.  Been casually searching but it's time to get serious. Hoping to gain some knowledge and avoid the pitfalls.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2016, 05:02:08 PM »
Just found the site.  Been casually searching but it's time to get serious. Hoping to gain some knowledge and avoid the pitfalls.

Welcome.  tiphat

Searching for what? Women? Unbiased FSU political information? FSU culture information?

Where do you hail from?

Tell us a little bit more, and jump in a few conversations and/or start some fresh topics and the good folk here will help you with whatever you need.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2016, 12:46:38 AM »
Welcome to RUA.

There is a large amount of information here about women and politics and women and culture and women and language and women and cuisine and women and history and women.

The women tend to be from the fSU (former Soviet Union).

The politics are all over the place.

The culture amazing.

The language impossible and challenging.

The cuisine is delicious if you like beets and cabbage.

The history of the fSU complex and fascinating.

If it is women that interest you read the travel reports including the train wrecks. If it is politics get your own soap box.

Enjoy RUA
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline headslash

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 01:01:52 PM »
Manny-looking for a wife. Not to concerned about politics and I could use some more culture.
I'm from Baton Rouge, Louisiana. From reading the board, the manners my southern belle mother and grandmother drilled into me as a child will serve me well with ladies.