The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: New here!  (Read 12229 times)

Offline Justmd

• Trips: 5-10
Re: New here!
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2016, 08:50:43 PM »

If you find a lady that is a honest woman who is looking for a honest relaltionship no matter what country she is from...be bold,be honest and make sure the both of you have something in common then get your ass on a plane to visit with her.

Offline Mila

• Commercial Member
  • Meмber
    • Mila-Interpreter
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2016, 12:36:04 AM »
Hi Jeremy,

Welcome to Ukraine. It is the most suitable country to look for a wife. As far as you choose the right way to look for your soul mate, you may be rather successful. If you need any help, or advise, you are very welcome.

Good luck!

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2016, 03:21:48 AM »
Jeremy, you've had lot's of great advice.

Personally, I'd ignore most of the anti Ukraine nonsense you read, as if you are on the ground - having made some contacts, you should quickly work out who is taking you for a ride.

Ukraine is a good starting point ... no need for a visa and more used to western travellers. You'll find plenty of posters than will help you  with recommendations for apartments.

You really should learn some Russian and go when it is Summer - to the coast .. you'll quickly 'get' why...

That part of Ukraine is a rich mix of many cultures and the women can be exotic

Once you feel more confident, please try out Russia. It is an amazing country.

Good luck

I would say a great starting point would be Russia, Moldova, Belarus. Ukraine defo is not the best place to start.

And best make sure what ever women you meet has a reasonable job, accommodation, smart phone and a fur coat. Most women in Ukraine seem not to have any of those and it will usually mean you will need to purchase it for them.. :laugh:
I must have been dead lucky as I didnt have to buy any of that. Or was it just that I met a normal woman. as the vast majority of women in Ukraine are. Please stop trying to project a completely distorted view of Ukrainian women as you do.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2016, 04:07:25 AM »
Jeremy, you've had lot's of great advice.

Personally, I'd ignore most of the anti Ukraine nonsense you read, as if you are on the ground - having made some contacts, you should quickly work out who is taking you for a ride.

Ukraine is a good starting point ... no need for a visa and more used to western travellers. You'll find plenty of posters than will help you  with recommendations for apartments.

You really should learn some Russian and go when it is Summer - to the coast .. you'll quickly 'get' why...

That part of Ukraine is a rich mix of many cultures and the women can be exotic

Once you feel more confident, please try out Russia. It is an amazing country.

Good luck

I would say a great starting point would be Russia, Moldova, Belarus. Ukraine defo is not the best place to start.

And best make sure what ever women you meet has a reasonable job, accommodation, smart phone and a fur coat. Most women in Ukraine seem not to have any of those and it will usually mean you will need to purchase it for them.. :laugh:
I must have been dead lucky as I didnt have to buy any of that. Or was it just that I met a normal woman. as the vast majority of women in Ukraine are. Please stop trying to project a completely distorted view of Ukrainian women as you do.

Your correct , you was dead lucky!!

As for projecting a distorted view of Ukrainian women I am here to give advise? And my advise stands, Stay away from Ukraine and defiantly Ukrainian women ESPECIALLY if you are a clueless newbie... That is the best advise anyone on this forum could EVER give :)

As i have said before of course there are some genuine and nice Ukrainian women searching for a nice guy for marriage I don't dispute this, however the vast majority of those "nice genuine women" are over 40 years old.

Thats fact!

Of course there are a few nice younger ones BUT as I keep saying MOST young women about 80% of them who are under 30 years old are scammers/fakes/e mail harvesters/habitual daters   and I will continue to point this out wether you like it or not!!

I have top search positions in Ukraine so have plenty of young women signing up from Ukraine each and every day, yesterday myself and wife spent about 10 hours sat checking young women about 80/85% we removed or made free members actually its the biggest pain in the ass job we have to do day in day out!

Removing fake YOUNG Ukrainian women of course some Russian also .

Distorting the facts? I don't think so!! :'(

Another point since the problems in Ukraine and many guys mistakingly thinking MORE young women will be wanting to escape Ukraine , the fact is nothing has changed there other than MORE young Ukrainian women registering at sites and taking advantage of the situation and taking advantage of MORE clueless men searching for a YOUNG Ukrainian women :)

So as I say over and over again its best if newbies stay away from Ukraine especially YOUNG Ukrainian women.

Another fact is more and more YOUNG women (Under 30 ) DO NOT want to marry foreign men, they are becoming more Westernised wanting jobs, careers and marriage at a later date..

So there we go  tiphat
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2016, 05:11:24 AM »
Of course Ukraine is hoaching with young women.
Ukraine is hoaching with young attractive women.
Ukraine is hoaching with women (or profiles) on dating sites.
Ukraine is even hoaching with young attractive women with whom it'd be a pleasure to build a life.

What Ukraine is absolutely lacking in is honest, young attractive women who are willing to marry an old foreigner and who are marketing themselves for that purpose.

Steve is absolutely spot on here.
That the occasional bloke, at some time in the dim and distant past, managed to find a woman who suited his needs (or fantasies) is not an indicator of the likelihood of any individual man being similarly successful today.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #55 on: March 14, 2016, 05:49:16 AM »
Go to any site and search Ukrainian women under 30 here is a sample from rbrides that is totally infested with fakes , they look real  :'(

Go to any Reputable marriage agency in Ukraine  :laugh: do the same search women under 30 ... same bullshit!

Its such a big problem I can't even begin to explain how bad it is.

Yes if your lucky and have your wits about you (Unfortunately most don't) you can find a youngish women , but its a very very hard task! And even harder today..
I know for sure one of the most popular and genuinely run sites on the net for Ukrainian women has gone DOWN in registrations for guys, guys just become sick and tired of fake profiles and search other niches.

Of course most of the problem is brought on by them selves, thats what happens when your in your 60's searching a young beauty queen..

Of course if your in your 60's and realistic and searching a women in her 40's you still have a good chance.

If not be warned >:(

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #56 on: March 14, 2016, 06:27:24 AM »
And lastly on this problem as I said about 80% of the young women are fakes and of that 80% , 40% are e mail harvesters, they are there just for your e mail and nothing more.
These people and they can be young kids from Ukraine will often be collecting mails for use in affiliate programs for some other the major sites such as A** where they can make good commission on registrations.
Others with be e mail collectors for other dating sites or some thing along those lines.

Its hard to believe the amount of guys who write to young women giving their e mail in the first letter without any communication  :laugh:

Usually these  e mail harvesters will make multiple profiles and leave their profiles "Online" all day and night. They will not answer any mails from guys, and just allow the messages to build up in the inbox, knowing only to well many guys will give their mail in the first letter.
A week or month later they will open all the letters and so goes your e mail to some database ready to spam :)

So if your writing to some young ladies and have no reply she's probably just after your e mail  :laugh:

Its a bad state of affairs in the Ukrainian dating niche, very bad indeed :(

Offline Maxx

« Reply #57 on: March 14, 2016, 09:39:40 AM »

Of course if your in your 60's and realistic and searching a women in her 40's you still have a good chance.

I came to that conclusion that the younger guys are at a disadvantage.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #58 on: March 14, 2016, 10:04:47 AM »

Yes for 100% though you still can find your love if your a young guy, but it is not an easy task and will take lots and lots of determination and positive attitude "If at first you don't succeed try again and again and again"

life's a bitch  :)

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
« Reply #59 on: March 14, 2016, 10:06:18 AM »

Yes for 100% though you still can find your love if your a young guy.....

Canal Street?
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #60 on: March 14, 2016, 11:10:44 AM »

Yes for 100% though you still can find your love if your a young guy.....

Canal Street?

Is that the rent boy area?  :hidechair:

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
« Reply #61 on: March 14, 2016, 11:20:30 AM »
Go to any site and search Ukrainian women under 30 here is a sample from rbrides that is totally infested with fakes , they look real  :'(

Go to any Reputable marriage agency in Ukraine  :laugh: do the same search women under 30 ... same bullshit!

Yes if your lucky and have your wits about you (Unfortunately most don't) you can find a youngish women , but its a very very hard task! And even harder today..
I know for sure one of the most popular and genuinely run sites on the net for Ukrainian women has gone DOWN in registrations for guys, guys just become sick and tired of fake profiles and search other niches.

Of course most of the problem is brought on by them selves, thats what happens when your in your 60's searching a young beauty queen..

You are putting all Ukrainian women in your basket of rotten eggs. The vast majority of Ukrainian women are not registering with agencies and sites. Only a very small proportion do. You are picking a small sample, most of whom that you can identify as fake profiles and transposing this small minority as reflective of UKR women  in general is simply wrong.
 :dh: :dh: :dh:

Online rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #62 on: March 14, 2016, 11:32:33 AM »

I'd rather be young and ready to date than old but that's just me.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #63 on: March 14, 2016, 11:44:27 AM »

You are putting all Ukrainian women in your basket of rotten eggs. The vast majority of Ukrainian women are not registering with agencies and sites. Only a very small proportion do. You are picking a small sample, most of whom that you can identify as fake profiles and transposing this small minority as reflective of UKR women  in general is simply wrong.

NO Im not making a reflection on ALL Ukrainian women. Im making a reflection on ALL Ukrainian women who are registering at dating sites/marriage agencies and the likes. Your correct only a small amount actually register or look for a foreign husband BUT that small amount is infested with scammers and the likes of.

So Im putting most of those in a basket of rotten eggs for sure especially the under 30's. If you don't know this yourself thats your problem I don't give a fig! Im giving advise for any newbies searching for a FSU women stay away from Ukrainian women especially the young  tiphat

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #64 on: March 14, 2016, 11:56:22 AM »
Dogsoldier, go read what is written and cast aside, for a moment, your prejudices.

Note that the bloke is talking about women who market themselves to foreign blokes, or rather the profiles that foreign blokes see (or after Steve and his wife filter them, don't see).

The problem of fake profiles and dishonest people behind profiles is not a new problem and it is not decreasing.
The reality is that most women have absolutely no interest in foreign blokes, not even in a turd bucket such as Ukraine has become. Marrying a foreigner is, and always has been, a last resort for almost all women, in almost all countries. That means almost the only people that almost all men come across when dealing by remote control using Internet sites are going to be cheats, hustlers, rejects, and whores. Not all will be but most will be (if they are even human).

That you stuck your snout into a dirty barrel fill of shit and came up with a ripe apple does not alter that case one tiny little bit, except to note that there are fewer apples to be pulled from the shit than there were a few years ago.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
« Reply #65 on: March 14, 2016, 12:17:09 PM »

NO Im not making a reflection on ALL Ukrainian women. Im making a reflection on ALL Ukrainian women who are registering at dating sites/marriage agencies and the likes. Your correct only a small amount actually register or look for a foreign husband BUT that small amount is infested with scammers and the likes of.

So Im putting most of those in a basket of rotten eggs for sure especially the under 30's. If you don't know this yourself thats your problem I don't give a fig! Im giving advise for any newbies searching for a FSU women stay away from Ukrainian women especially the young  tiphat
Your clarification is certainly helpful to newbies who can now differentiate between UKR women and a minority of UKR women(allegedly)/scam artists/hustlers etc, who are registering on foreign facing sites with fake profiles.
Still, for those truly interested, UKR is still a viable option. As always, one has to do ones homework and that will apply to anywhere in the world one seeks a spouse.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #66 on: March 14, 2016, 01:05:57 PM »

Your clarification is certainly helpful to newbies who can now differentiate between UKR women and a minority of UKR women(allegedly)/scam artists/hustlers etc, who are registering on foreign facing sites with fake profiles.
Still, for those truly interested, UKR is still a viable option. As always, one has to do ones homework and that will apply to anywhere in the world one seeks a spouse.

Yes but "As always "the majority of men DONT do their home work and dive straight in usually with their Penis pointing the direction.. ;D

"allegedly" scam artists/hustlers ect  :ROFL: Ye I make it up just for fun , have nothing else to do..

Not going to waste any more time on the subject.

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
« Reply #67 on: March 14, 2016, 01:19:16 PM »

Yes but "As always "the majority of men DONT do their home work and dive straight in usually with their Penis pointing the direction.. ;D

"allegedly" scam artists/hustlers ect  :ROFL: Ye I make it up just for fun , have nothing else to do..

Not going to waste any more time on the subject.
If you read carefully you will note that "allegedly" was referring to UKR women............ :fighting0025:

Offline TomT

« Reply #68 on: March 14, 2016, 01:57:02 PM »
Overall, the selection process is the same whether one dates the girl(s) next door or from a third-world craphole. The system falls apart when men who can barely date hags at home suddenly find themselves exposed to extraordinarily attractive women. At this point, the men lose their minds and, instead of paying attention to warning signs, they jump right into the fiancée-visa process.

The greatest difference is that local women usually refuse to date men who make them want to vomit while agency women often exploit them. There are many real girls behind the profiles but they shift their strategies, depending on the perceived value of their correspondents. Back in the day, I coined a cynical anecdote:

Question: How can you tell a scammer from a sincere girl?
Answer: The scammer replies to your letter of introduction.

Offline Anteros

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #69 on: March 14, 2016, 09:57:34 PM »
Just look at the photos of this Ukrainian gal with her "hooker" shoes.  :laugh:

http://www.loveme.com/members/women_extraphoto?wid=157134&wname=6_Olesya
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Offline Gipsy

« Reply #70 on: March 14, 2016, 10:27:07 PM »
Just look at the photos of this Ukrainian gal with her "hooker" shoes.  :laugh:

http://www.loveme.com/members/women_extraphoto?wid=157134&wname=6_Olesya

Her clothes would look much better on the floor of my bedroom.. :ROFL:

She can keep her shoes on... ;D
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen