The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: New here!  (Read 12201 times)

Offline JeremyH

• Trips: None Yet
New here!
« on: January 08, 2016, 05:59:08 PM »
Hello everyone,

As you may tell, my name is Jeremy(or maybe not) haha.

I am new here and looking forward to things I may learn from this and have always been curious about Ukrainian/Russian women and am potentially looking to see if this thing truly works without the so called "mail order brides".

I look forward to speaking with all of you and to what I can learn from this.

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Offline WestCoast

Re: New here!
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2016, 10:06:36 PM »
Hi Jeremy welcome to RUA. First, never use your real name on forums. Next, don't post photos of yourself or your family. What goes on the Internet never comes off.

Have fun and ask questions but don't believe everything you hear on forums. 
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2016, 06:05:38 AM »
First, never use your real name on forums. Next, don't post photos of yourself or your family. What goes on the Internet never comes off.

Probably good advice, but one CAN control who see's your images - and I don't give a hoot who knows my name.

The best part is when a member gives their 'informed opinion' of one's lifestyle and simply demonstrates how clueless they are to those who really know the score  :chuckle:

Welcome, Jeremy
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2016, 10:10:38 AM »
Hello everyone,

As you may tell, my name is Jeremy(or maybe not) haha.

I am new here and looking forward to things I may learn from this and have always been curious about Ukrainian/Russian women and am potentially looking to see if this thing truly works without the so called "mail order brides".

I look forward to speaking with all of you and to what I can learn from this.

:popcorn: :popcorn:

Welcome Jeremy! 

Pls have a look around and browse the forums.  If you can tell us a bit about what you're looking for or what information you have, those of us who have been around for a while will try and give you some guidance.

Best,

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline JeremyH

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2016, 11:31:58 AM »
Hi Jeremy welcome to RUA. First, never use your real name on forums. Next, don't post photos of yourself or your family. What goes on the Internet never comes off.

Thank you for the tips.

I don't recall posting pictures of myself, does it show that I did? I'm confused in that aspect.

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2016, 11:35:25 AM »

Thank you for the tips.

I don't recall posting pictures of myself, does it show that I did? I'm confused in that aspect.

It was some sound advice for you to consider! 

What brings you here Jeremy? 
Are you in the US or UK?
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2016, 12:16:56 PM »

You didn't. Westy gets confused at his age.  :)
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline JeremyH

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2016, 05:47:25 PM »

Haha, thank you for clarification!

Offline JeremyH

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2016, 05:49:47 PM »

Thank you for the tips.

It was some sound advice for you to consider! 

What brings you here Jeremy? 
Are you in the US or UK?

Hey Luke,

I am from the US. I am looking to see what comes of potentially looking for a woman outside of the US which does bring up a discussion that I would love to ask input from all members(or whomever reads this).

From your(or anyones experience who has traveled) experience, would you say that European women are more loyal and non-judgemental or would you say that it completely depends on the women themself?

Offline TomT

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2016, 06:28:15 PM »
From your(or anyones experience who has traveled) experience, would you say that European women are more loyal and non-judgemental or would you say that it completely depends on the women themself?

Some are better and some are worse. The important thing is that you could marry a girl with "qualifications" far exceeding what your locals have to offer. What happens after they find that they have sold themselves short is another matter. 

Offline JeremyH

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2016, 07:11:48 PM »

Some are better and some are worse. The important thing is that you could marry a girl with "qualifications" far exceeding what your locals have to offer. What happens after they find that they have sold themselves short is another matter.

Thank you for your input Tom!

May I ask, is this where you found your wife? I would definitely be interested in a few of your tips.

I do appreciate everything.

Offline JeremyH

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2016, 07:14:15 PM »

The better question I may have, do you know what European women would consider as being sold short?

What they find useful or beneficial in a partner, what they don't like or find helpful/beneficial in a partner.

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2016, 07:35:02 PM »

Jeremy, I never said you posted photos, I said it's a good policy not to post photos of yourself on the Internet and on forums such as this. Nor is it a good idea to give out too much information about where you live.

Manny has done so in the past and found himself with some unwanted admirers.  :hidechair:
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline TomT

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2016, 09:15:59 PM »
What they find useful or beneficial in a partner, what they don't like or find helpful/beneficial in a partner.

Generally, they like their men to be literate. Since the first impression is usually made through written communication, men should be careful about spelling and grammar. Having financial strength and not being mostly dead already are pluses, of course.

I met my wife on this forum but that is not the norm because men tend to spew like jackasses when there is a degree or two of perceived separation.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2016, 11:10:14 PM »

The better question I may have, do you know what European women would consider as being sold short?

Welcome to RUA

You are discussing the element of women. Around the world they have the same basic qualities but on different continents there is a variation in flavours. To make a generalization is about the same as making a blanket statement about a vehicle with four tires and a combustion motor.

My expierence is Slavic women are intelligent and highly educated, they tend to be loyal and very determined in there opinions. Meaning it is better to go around the mountain than trying to move it.

For your time on RUA, if not already said so spend some time reading the Trip/Travel Reports. Different reports often describe the variety of 'techniques' that one can employ to prosecute your search. Do not ignore the 'Train Wrecks'

Ask questions, such as you have, and you will sometimes hear a variety of of replies. Consider the replies and apply what works well in your situation.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2016, 04:01:59 AM »

Do you mind saying how old you are? And what age women your looking for? :)
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline JeremyH

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2016, 02:08:49 AM »

Welcome to RUA

You are discussing the element of women. Around the world they have the same basic qualities but on different continents there is a variation in flavours. To make a generalization is about the same as making a blanket statement about a vehicle with four tires and a combustion motor.

My expierence is Slavic women are intelligent and highly educated, they tend to be loyal and very determined in there opinions. Meaning it is better to go around the mountain than trying to move it.

For your time on RUA, if not already said so spend some time reading the Trip/Travel Reports. Different reports often describe the variety of 'techniques' that one can employ to prosecute your search. Do not ignore the 'Train Wrecks'

Ask questions, such as you have, and you will sometimes hear a variety of of replies. Consider the replies and apply what works well in your situation.

Great, thank you for the very helpful advice! I will be sure to check out the Trips and Travel reports.

Offline JeremyH

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2016, 02:10:48 AM »

Sure thing.

I am 29 and I would say I am looking for someone in the age group of 27-34.

Offline JeremyH

« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2016, 02:12:12 AM »

Jeremy, I never said you posted photos, I said it's a good policy not to post photos of yourself on the Internet and on forums such as this. Nor is it a good idea to give out too much information about where you live.

Manny has done so in the past and found himself with some unwanted admirers.  :hidechair:

I appreciate the heads up, wouldn't want those crazies.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2016, 02:57:10 AM »

Sure thing.

I am 29 and I would say I am looking for someone in the age group of 27-34.

Well I will give you an honest answer you have your work cut out to find a young women in that age group over 30 its possible but finding a young women aged about 27 will not be easy. I would forget Ukraine for a start!
Perseverance in the face of adversity as they say.

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2016, 03:18:10 AM »
I met two young ladies on my travels, both in their early 20's. First girl was 22 at the time, wifey was 20........

Sorry but your advice is bollocks.

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2016, 03:32:45 AM »
I met two young ladies on my travels, both in their early 20's. First girl was 22 at the time, wifey was 20........

Sorry but your advice is bollocks.
:thumbsup:

Offline leslied

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2016, 04:00:38 AM »
Funny thing is that we tend to give advice based on our own experience.  We forget that other people have very different experiences to our own.

I married a woman 20 years my junior who spoke little English.  To many here that appears ridiculous - especially to Steve.  I will soon be posting my sad story in the train wreck board...

Well not so.  Married more than a dozen years and 2 children  :thumbsup:

There are many ways of succeeding in this enterprise.  Not just the one that happened to you.

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2016, 04:17:44 AM »
Look for the girl, not the country. Lots to read here that will be helpful.
If you have time, money and perseverance you can succeed.
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline rosco

• Supporting Member
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2016, 04:23:12 AM »
Funny thing is that we tend to give advice based on our own experience.  We forget that other people have very different experiences to our own.

I married a woman 20 years my junior who spoke little English.  To many here that appears ridiculous - especially to Steve.  I will soon be posting my sad story in the train wreck board...

Well not so.  Married more than a dozen years and 2 children  :thumbsup:

There are many ways of succeeding in this enterprise.  Not just the one that happened to you.

Totally agree.

I get where Steve is coming from but telling a 29 year old guy that it's difficult finding a girl under 27 is terrible advice. A 29 year old bloke should be able to chat up a girl in her 20's no problem.......and travelling to Ukraine, Russia or Australia doesn't change that rule.

If she likes you, she likes you.......and that might even be in Ukraine.