The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Putin signs anti-terror law which permits cops to shoot kids, disabled  (Read 444 times)

Online Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Putin signs anti-terror law which permits cops to shoot kids, disabled

http://m.timesofindia.com/world/europe/Putin-signs-anti-terror-law-which-permits-cops-to-shoot-kids-disabled/articleshow/50412028.cms
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Manny

Re: Putin signs anti-terror law which permits cops to shoot kids, disabled
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 07:36:05 AM »
The amendment to the law reportedly included 11 scenarios in which the use of weapons by intelligence forces would be permitted.

It included the right to shoot women, the disabled and minors "in case of armed resistance" and, according to Ekho Moskvy radio, the use of nonlethal weapons on pregnant women.

Preparation for forthcoming Islamic terrorism; as they use women and kids in terrorism acts. 

It doesn't mean cops will stroll about blowing people away; only in America does that happen.

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 01:40:24 PM »

It doesn't mean cops will stroll about blowing people away; only in America does that happen.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk/4713753.stm

Police shot Brazilian eight times

Exclusive picture of Jean Charles de Menezes (BBC)
Mr Menezes had been in London for more than three years

The man mistaken for a suicide bomber by police was shot eight times, an inquest into his death has heard.
Brazilian Jean Charles de Menezes, 27, was shot seven times in the head and once in the shoulder, at Stockwell Tube station, south London, on Friday.

Det Insp Elizabeth Baker revealed the details at a hearing in London.

Security sources said Mr Menezes had an out-of-date visa, but his family denied this. Foreign Secretary Jack Straw said he believed he was legally in the UK.

Mr Menezes' cousin, Alex Pereira, who is based in London, said the police would "kill thousands of people" if they were not held accountable for what had happened at Stockwell.

Failed bombing suspects

World press ponder attacks

Victim's final journey

He said: "They just kill the first person they see, that's what they did. They killed my cousin, they could kill anyone."

Brazilian media reports say British human rights lawyer Gareth Peirce is acting as the family's legal adviser, amid reports that they are considering suing Scotland Yard.

The Independent Police Complaints Commission (IPCC) will investigate the shooting.

But yes, only in America...  (:)

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 01:53:13 PM »
His Brother was right.....The police killed thousands after that event. But in the USA not the UK.

Don I think you need to look the case up and not post ramblings from the family. He was believed to be carrying a suicide vest and was running away from police towards the metro where not too long previously there'd been successful terrorist attacks which killed 70+ people.

He wasn't shot because he was black or rolled his car forward 6 inches.

Try the link below for something juicy to get your teeth into
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_of_Mark_Duggan
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 02:36:47 PM »
The amendment to the law reportedly included 11 scenarios in which the use of weapons by intelligence forces would be permitted.

It included the right to shoot women, the disabled and minors "in case of armed resistance" and, according to Ekho Moskvy radio, the use of nonlethal weapons on pregnant women.

Preparation for forthcoming Islamic terrorism; as they use women and kids in terrorism acts. 

Manny I'm sure you're aware that the murder rate is far higher in Russia than in the US. By far higher I mean there are actually more murders in Russia than in the US, not just per capita.
Ipsa scientia potestas est. Knowledge itself is power.   Sir Francis Bacon

Offline Manny

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 02:46:06 PM »

Manny I'm sure you're aware that the murder rate is far higher in Russia than in the US. By far higher I mean there are actually more murders in Russia than in the US, not just per capita.

Not by police.

Offline Slumba

• 10:27 AM
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 05:58:49 PM »

Certainly each death of an innocent person at the hands of the police is tragic. 

Total number of people killed last year by police:  about 1000 . 

In a country of 300-320 million, which includes about 40 million criminal invaders who have brought in the insanely vicious MS13 and Mara18 street gangs; plus the 6% of the population that is black men - responsible for committing 50% of the rapes in the USA.

It's not an epidemic, though it is sad. 

Drop out the criminal invaders and the feral blacks - America's crime stats are lower than Britain's.
Anchors Rewoven

Offline Donhollio

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2016, 09:38:24 PM »

Don I think you need to look the case up and not post ramblings from the family. He was believed to be carrying a suicide vest and was running away from police towards the metro where not too long previously there'd been successful terrorist attacks which killed 70+ people.

No he was murdered by London cops because the cops panicked. He was targeted due to his skin color and that he may of been able to carry a bomb in his daypack. The cops were on edge as were most in London I'd think who ride the tubes.  Shooting an unarmed guy that many times in a confined space proves that the cops were scared shitless. They fuct up, plain and simple.

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2016, 11:24:56 PM »

No he was murdered by London cops because the cops panicked. He was targeted due to his skin color and that he may of been able to carry a bomb in his daypack. The cops were on edge as were most in London I'd think who ride the tubes.  Shooting an unarmed guy that many times in a confined space proves that the cops were scared shitless. They fuct up, plain and simple.

Targeted because of his skin colour???

Not sure what sources you've used but that's not accurate, again read up a little and you'll know the facts. No point taking a knife into a gun battle an all that!

Then you can get started on Duggan  (I gave you the link already)  :popcorn:

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2016, 11:32:40 PM »

Certainly each death of an innocent person at the hands of the police is tragic. 

Total number of people killed last year by police:  about 1000 . 

In a country of 300-320 million, which includes about 40 million criminal invaders who have brought in the insanely vicious MS13 and Mara18 street gangs; plus the 6% of the population that is black men - responsible for committing 50% of the rapes in the USA.

It's not an epidemic, though it is sad. 

Drop out the criminal invaders and the feral blacks - America's crime stats are lower than Britain's.

We have blacks here. Do you want to compare crime stats by whites who were born on leap years?

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2016, 12:35:09 AM »
Drop out nothing and any , and I do mean ANY Western Europe country performs better than the USA, both in Police-deaths per capita and murders by criminals.

Like I said before: Trying to tell the blind how beautiful a sunrise is. Useless.

Live in Europe for extensive periods of time, maybe you will wakeup one day.
You can change anything in life, but a BMW only for a BMW
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria