The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Is Hollywood helping the Russian bride industry going?  (Read 568 times)

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Is Hollywood helping the Russian bride industry going?
« on: December 29, 2015, 02:59:07 PM »
Im sure the Russian brides industry has had its day and were in the final chapter. In a few years time it maybe finished as far as the vast majority of women are concerned especially the younger women.
But there is one industry that may keep it alive for a few more years in the hearts of many guys especially from the US, and that is Hollywood!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAI7rF0eQyQ

The Equalizer...Main theme poor Russian prostitute is rescued from the Russian Mafia by a super hero..
So every young women in Russia is a prostitute! And needs rescuing from the mafia or drunkard Russian husband??
Usual story on many films its funny you don't see the Italian mafia and the Italian prostitute? Its always the Russian. :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIhJvXPZH6U

Iron Man 3... Usual story the villain is living in some hobble in Moscow (Everyone lives in a hobble in Moscow) it just happens to be snowing (Its always snowing in Russia) and come out into the street and what do you see?? Two guesses ? A Lada!! (Because everyone in Russia drives a Lada)  :laugh:

The list is endless for movies like this, so there could be a chance the Russian brides industry at least for some people is still going to be there, thanks to Hollywood  :chuckle:

I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
  • Trips: 5-10
Re: Is Hollywood helping the Russian bride industry going?
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 04:05:10 PM »
The Equalizer is a very good film! Denzel Washington is a great actor here. I watched the film in the cinema and twice on long haul flights I enjoyed it that much  :reading:

Can't really say about the MOB dying or not but with the level of English going up around the world and the birth of more dating apps and social media I don't think there won't be any inter FSUW and WM marriages in the future. They'll just be in different numbers and circumstances.

I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Offline Texan77

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2015, 09:15:40 PM »
Im sure the Russian brides industry has had its day and were in the final chapter. In a few years time it maybe finished as far as the vast majority of women are concerned especially the younger women.
But there is one industry that may keep it alive for a few more years in the hearts of many guys especially from the US, and that is Hollywood!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAI7rF0eQyQ

The Equalizer...Main theme poor Russian prostitute is rescued from the Russian Mafia by a super hero..
So every young women in Russia is a prostitute! And needs rescuing from the mafia or drunkard Russian husband??
Usual story on many films its funny you don't see the Italian mafia and the Italian prostitute? Its always the Russian. :laugh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIhJvXPZH6U

Iron Man 3... Usual story the villain is living in some hobble in Moscow (Everyone lives in a hobble in Moscow) it just happens to be snowing (Its always snowing in Russia) and come out into the street and what do you see?? Two guesses ? A Lada!! (Because everyone in Russia drives a Lada)  :laugh:

The list is endless for movies like this, so there could be a chance the Russian brides industry at least for some people is still going to be there, thanks to Hollywood  :chuckle:

I do think that the day of the Russian bride is going to return. First when all of this was happening the age of baby boomer was just right for a foreign bride. They are now getting too old. So there is less population that are the right age. Secondly the slow growth in the US has meant that real estate prices have risen slower and the stock market has had set backs causing more of these men not have the funds for a Russian bride. Thirdly China has become large competitor for the American man's desire for a foreign bride. Then the cold war with Russia I feel is causing what little interest that is left to get gone. I believe that the war has also caused a cooling of interest in the Ukraine. When I tell friends I am going to the Ukraine they look at me like I am crazy and say something like Why go there? There is a war there!

Offline Borsch

• Trips: 1-5
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 10:56:33 PM »