The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Hi. Long time...  (Read 3646 times)

Offline sharonhaber00

• If you call it "Avatar", let it be Avatar...
  • Spouses Country: Israel
  • Trips: 1-5
Hi. Long time...
« on: December 28, 2015, 03:42:51 PM »
Hi everyone tiphat

What have I gained from this forum?

There is one sentence that has been said in various occasions across this board:

What you can't do at home, you can't do elsewhere...

Ammm... What I did and do ever since at home, I can't do elsewhere...

BTW, I miss these emoticons. Wish they were on Facebook... Also miss the humor and wit here that people lack on Facebook. But through Facebook I've found groups and meet people in real life, and that makes the difference. 
Nadie no sabe lo que tiene hasta el día que lo pierde.

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: USA
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Hi. Long time...
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2015, 03:50:50 PM »
Hi everyone tiphat

What have I gained from this forum?

There is one sentence that has been said in various occasions across this board:

What you can't do at home, you can't do elsewhere...

BTW, I miss these emoticons. Wish they were on Facebook... Also miss the humor and wit here that people lack on Facebook. But through Facebook I've found groups and meet people in real life, and that makes the difference.

Hello, Sharon.
Welcome back.  :)

Offline sharonhaber00

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 03:56:17 PM »
Hello, Sharon.
Welcome back.  :)

Thanks Orchid  :)

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2015, 04:06:05 PM »
I've found groups and meet people in real life, and that makes the difference.

You are a real life man. That make you different from many others.

Tell me more...
I am holding my breath.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2015, 04:11:22 PM »
Welcome back Sharon!
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline sharonhaber00

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2015, 06:17:04 PM »
I've found groups and meet people in real life, and that makes the difference.

You are a real life man. That make you different from many others.

Tell me more...
I am holding my breath.

Yep! What is not real life man? :eeekk:

I will tell you soon. Breath ;)

Offline sharonhaber00

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2015, 06:18:04 PM »
Welcome back Sharon!

Thanks Manny  :)

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2015, 08:43:09 PM »

I hate to give definitions. Let me think....
It's a person who prefers his virtual life over real, and never mix them together.

Did you get married?

Offline sharonhaber00

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2015, 02:44:55 AM »

I hate to give definitions. Let me think....
It's a person who prefers his virtual life over real, and never mix them together.

Did you get married?

Or doesn't have real life, so virtual is sort of substitute.

To your question, nothing new in the field of relationship, girlfriend, or marriage. It's about getting a life, rather than live in virtual fantasies. Going out to activities and courses and meet with real people (ok, you here are very real, but we don't meet in person. Let alone in most cases we don't know how others on this board look like).

It's about photography, which is my hobby. I'm going to activities with groups that do photography. That includes in many cases photographing models (some of which are quite hot).
Shooting models became sort of entertainment, which naturally replaced the interest in dating sites and the search for women abroad. No more looking at pics on Adate. Now I make the pics. Meet real models in the workshops and courses, so that made me to abandon the online staff that I did before.
Not that it has a potential of happy ending with some model, but hey, I meet them here, close to home. No need to get on a plane for that... and...I picked some really hot girls who were cashiers in the local super market, asking them to model for me, and we did some photo sessions. No other way would I do it if not my passion to cameras and photography.   

Offline Texan77

« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2015, 06:16:00 AM »
Hey, Photography is both part of my work as well as my hobby. I do shoot models but I also do weddings and other events. I have moved into video as well as I seem to be able to find more work as a videographer.
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Offline sharonhaber00

« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2015, 07:14:58 AM »
Hey, Photography is both part of my work as well as my hobby. I do shoot models but I also do weddings and other events. I have moved into video as well as I seem to be able to find more work as a videographer.

Hi. Shooting events is the most commonplace where photographers make some money. As for me, I don't like being in events where I don't know the participants. Also don't like the loud music.
I have special taste for shooting models on location and studio. I like to use flashes off camera as a part of lighting systems.
As for video, I have quite a lot of footage. Just press the video button when I see some interesting scene. But stitching the pieces together and cut and edit and insert transitions I didn't have a clue how to do that until recently. I discovered you can edit video in Photoshop and tried some editing. Also have started to scratch the surface of editing in Adobe Premiere pro.

But techniques aside. Most importantly is that this hobby opens me the door to meet new people and socializing around shooting activities, which otherwise wouldn't happen.
And if shooting models made me forget about women overseas, even though it doesn't lead to relationship (so the previous craziness, so no difference), it may worth it.           

Offline sharonhaber00

« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2015, 07:48:30 AM »
Attracting women is something that has to do with personality. In these activities I've met with a wonderful guy who works in the profession (42 yo, divorced + 2 children). We became friends. I've noticed that women love him. It seems he doesn't have problem to get to intimacy, if he just wants to.
I talked with him about it. What he told me: "God gives nuts to somebody who doesn't like nuts. I'm not the type of one night stands. I look for something else (in relationship) and don't find it. Leave it. I'm complicated... Bottom line, we are both alone without meaningful relationships"...

Troubles of the rich  :'(   

Offline sparky114

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2015, 07:49:23 AM »
Good to see you again Sharon  :thumbsup:
Today is only one day in a life of happiness

Mark

Offline sharonhaber00

« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2015, 07:55:25 AM »
Good to see you again Sharon  :thumbsup:

Thanks Sparky  :)

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2015, 11:02:25 AM »
Attracting women is something that has to do with personality. In these activities I've met with a wonderful guy who works in the profession (42 yo, divorced + 2 children). We became friends. I've noticed that women love him. It seems he doesn't have problem to get to intimacy, if he just wants to.
I talked with him about it. What he told me: "God gives nuts to somebody who doesn't like nuts. I'm not the type of one night stands. I look for something else (in relationship) and don't find it. Leave it. I'm complicated... Bottom line, we are both alone without meaningful relationships"...

That's what I love about you: your vision, your insight and your open heart.

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2015, 11:03:39 AM »

I have noticed a great camera in your hands (I mean picture on avatar). What is it?

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2015, 11:10:18 AM »
Hiya matey!

If you can charm birds out of the trees and get them to get their trollies down for you to take pics of them then you can most certainly do the same to get their trollies down for you. (or whatever else you want).

Any woman who agrees to model for you is telling you that she likes you, feels comfortable with you and trusts you. You need nothing more to start to build a relationship.

...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Orchid

• Supporting Member
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2015, 11:12:33 AM »

It's about photography, which is my hobby. I'm going to activities with groups that do photography. That includes in many cases photographing models (some of which are quite hot).
Shooting models became sort of entertainment..

I am moving to taking pictures of people too.
I got depressed after I lost all my pictures. I did not know that they mean a lot to me. Now I know.
When I take pictures of nature or animals, it is like to be alone and still have a good time.
Now I am ready to move forward. I am going to take pictures of 9 year old girl. She is a daughter of my girlfriend.
We have a strong connection with this little girl.
I want to show her how she looks because she even does not realize her own beauty.

Offline sharonhaber00

« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2015, 11:36:11 AM »
Hiya matey!

If you can charm birds out of the trees and get them to get their trollies down for you to take pics of them then you can most certainly do the same to get their trollies down for you. (or whatever else you want).

Any woman who agrees to model for you is telling you that she likes you, feels comfortable with you and trusts you. You need nothing more to start to build a relationship.

Hey mate!

And if I tell you that the first girl were 16 at the time, and the second 17?

Recently I phoned to the first one for her 17s birthday. I offered another photo session and she agreed. But she lives with boyfriend for several months now. And the other girl were not that easy to get to model for me. She also has relationship with someone.

So as for your suggestion... :-\ 
Some will model for you for payment, and some will cooperate. But it doesn't mean they are attracted... All of them are young and attractive and in most cases have boyfriends. 
They see you as a photographer, not as a potential spouse.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2015, 11:56:33 AM »
Sorry, you kinda miss the point.

Building relationships is about trust, confidence and comfort. If you can get attractive women to model for you then you have the necessary attributes to pull women. You have no excuses, no hiding place here!

Why do you think photographers who do model photography do well with women? (and you know that, on the whole they do, so don't deny it!)

The reason is that the same attributes that enable them to get good pics of their subjects are exactly the same attributes that go into being successful socially with women (well, with people in general).

Personally, I'd be inclined to think that chatting a bird up to do pics and then to turn it into something more 'relationshippy' might be a tad manipulative. I have seen it done, it works. The process for many women is, in and of itself, one that makes some/many women 'receptive' anyway. That's why I'd not suggest confusing matters in that way. Draw a line and stick to it. But use your skills to get what you want socially. If you can chat up a girl while buying your bread and fruit and get her to have her pics taken you can certainly get women to meet with you socially. It is just a matter of asking the relevant question, yes?

Offline sharonhaber00

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2015, 12:47:31 PM »
If you can chat up a girl while buying your bread and fruit and get her to have her pics taken you can certainly get women to meet with you socially. It is just a matter of asking the relevant question, yes?

Well, I did it, twice... Wouldn't do it if I wouldn't have an excuse, the photography course I had at a time, which gave me some "official" status.
But to your point, I don't know how to go beyond taking pics. Let alone that all of the girls/models I photographed are way way younger than me. All of them but the two I mentioned before, I shoot during courses and with groups who were already there. Since we became friends on Facebook, I don't have a problem to organize photo session with any of them, if I want to. But from there and until developing a relationship... it takes more than just photography skills, or the courage to initiate conversation and asking her to model for me?
I stretched the line with my lens, but still have way to go...to build my confidence... 

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2015, 01:45:33 PM »
It isn't hard!

Instead of 'can we meet at my studio to spend some time together making photographs?' you ask 'can we meet at Starbucks to spend some time together drinking coffee?'.

Everything before is the same and the closing question is the same except for 4 words.

Go and do it.

Offline sharonhaber00

« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2015, 01:50:22 PM »
'can we meet at Starbucks to spend some time together drinking coffee?'.

Everything before is the same and the closing question is the same except for 4 words.

Go and do it.

Ok. Will practice on the next model  :eeekk:

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2015, 04:45:10 PM »
Sharon,

Andrew has made some very valid points. Stop making excuses and barriers. Though I might add if you're looking for dating targets perhaps try 10 years above the last 2.

I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Offline Texan77

« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2015, 09:21:00 PM »

I have noticed a great camera in your hands (I mean picture on avatar). What is it?

The camera I am holding is a canon 5d mark 3 and the lens is canon 70-200mm f2.8 mark 2
3) There has been no "threat" to invade Ukraine. The US invented that and fed it to a complicit media.

Registration