The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Is Adam-and-Eva.com agency in Odessa is reputable, and if not, what agency should I use?  (Read 4139 times)

Offline wildturkey

• Spouses Country: no spouse
  • Trips: 1-5
Hi everyone,

I'm going to Odessa on Sunday Dec. 27.  I know that Odessa and Lugansk have the worst reputation for scammers, but I've been to Ukraine twice and I feel that I have some experience to fall back on.

I need to know if Adam-and-Eva.com  agency in Odessa is reputable, and if not, what agency should I use?  I'm also familiar with Elenasmodels.com, and OdessaMeetLove.com,  and have the same question about those agencies.

I've been to Kiev and Dnepropetrovsk.  I was engaged to a lovely woman in Dnepropetrovsk but it didn't work out.  I later married a Filipina who was very lovely, got along well with me, but couldn't get along with my kids from my first marriage.  We divorced in July but are still on friendly terms.  She is still my best friend, and is supportive of my search.

So, I'm heading back to Ukraine, ten years after I first went there (and used Angelika agency -- Daisy Brides in Kiev and 5-Star in Dnepropetrovsk).  I feel that the agency and sub-agencies were reputable and the managers and translators were fantastic.

Hope to learn a lot from everyone here. 

Thanks!

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
and if not, what agency should I use?  I'm also familiar with Elenasmodels.com,

Although they were once the darling of the industry, I wouldn't recommend them now so much.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
Hi everyone,

I'm going to Odessa on Sunday Dec. 27.  I know that Odessa and Lugansk have the worst reputation for scammers, but I've been to Ukraine twice and I feel that I have some experience to fall back on.

Your info may be out of date... Not many w.guys are going to Lugansk, now.. but if they did - I know there are ladies who'd be quite happy to meet a good 'un..

I need to know if Adam-and-Eva.com  agency in Odessa is reputable, and if not, what agency should I use?  I'm also familiar with Elenasmodels.com, and OdessaMeetLove.com,  and have the same question about those agencies.

I've been to Kiev and Dnepropetrovsk.  I was engaged to a lovely woman in Dnepropetrovsk but it didn't work out.  I later married a Filipina who was very lovely, got along well with me, but couldn't get along with my kids from my first marriage.  We divorced in July but are still on friendly terms.  She is still my best friend, and is supportive of my search.

So, I'm heading back to Ukraine, ten years after I first went there (and used Angelika agency -- Daisy Brides in Kiev and 5-Star in Dnepropetrovsk).  I feel that the agency and sub-agencies were reputable and the managers and translators were fantastic.

Hope to learn a lot from everyone here. 

Thanks!

In ten years the 'agency' side has waned as ladies have mobile / home internet and  can use the myriad of dating sites to find a match.

I'd recommend using http://fdating.com/,http://dmnotify.com/account/login, http://www.mamba.ru/ or similar..

Good luck
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Don't use any marriage agencies in Ukraine 99.9% are scam operations. Actually don't use any marriage agency unless you want to sit there looking a complete idiot in front  of the women its very prehistoric way to meet a women in the 21st Century :)

As for the managers of these agencies being fantastic? They cannot of been that fantastic or you wouldn't of gone of to marry a Filipino????
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Danchik

• Russia Guru
Ten years is a lifetime in the FSU. We're talking about emerging countries, not established. Why anyone in this day and age would use an agency is beyond me. Yes, I'm sure, there might be 1 or 2 that can help to in meeting a woman in the flesh, but by-and-large they are useless and a waste of time and money as Steve noted.

However, IMO, there are as many if not more FSUW willing to hook up with a foreigner and move house as ever before. While the agencies have gone the way of the dinosaur, maybe it's best to explore how the playing field has changed, and what avenues are best to reach your goal.
When it is dark enough, men see the stars.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
I wouldn't want to be in Ukraine over Christmas searching for some wench!

It would remind me of the song by Mud many years back

If your thinking of searching for a FSU women do it after Christmas, better spend quality time with real friends than a pile of slappers :)
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
I wouldn't want to be in Ukraine over Christmas searching for some wench!

If your thinking of searching for a FSU women do it after Christmas, better spend quality time with real friends than a pile of slappers :)

Well, it won't BE Christmas in the Ukraine for most ...... :coffeeread:
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
Wild Turkey

Welcome to RUA. Which was around when you made your initial trips to Ukraine. There was good advice than and there still is wisdom, wit and some downers present. But some dynamics have changed.

May I guess you are from Kentucky?

In any event a couple notes, I am presently in Kiev. Last year I also was in Ukraine and from the end of December to mid January the country is on bubushka support. Well before New Years Eve stock up on supplies, very very little is open on the first day of the year. Most people spend time with there families and spend time before Christmas (Orthodox) on reflecting on the last year, finding a new relationship while possible is not very high on a woman's priorities during the end of December and January.

But another question if your first cross cultural relationship did not succeed why do you think with a woman from Ukraine you will have a better chance?
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Registration