The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Been gone a very long time.  (Read 730 times)

Offline marine53

• Spouses Country: moscow Russia
  • Trips: 5-10
Been gone a very long time.
« on: December 22, 2015, 10:25:30 AM »
Hello all,  I just thought I would check in. Not sure if any of you remember me.  I go way back to the old site that we had in the early 2000's.  I see things haven't changed very much. The same questions. But, it never bothered me to answer the same question over and over. 
Just an up date. I have been married to my Russian wife for over 7.5 years. She was from Moscow and only lived about 15 minutes from SVO. LOL  Yeah, all the guys on the old post couldn't believe it. We lived in Orlando until a year ago.  She is now a professor at EKU Eastern Kentucky University.  Yeah, I got very lucky.  I'm a retired mailman.  I'm 62 and she is 52. I am not up to date on all the current laws, so don't ask me questions about the K-1 process. 
I still remember one post about 10 years ago.  There was an 18 wheel truck driver in the US that was looking for a Russian women to come over and ride around the country with him. LOL  I always wondered if he ever found someone.
Good luck to all of you on your search.  I hope you get lucky as I did.

Ray
Marine53

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Been gone a very long time.
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 10:31:10 AM »
A blast from the past! Welcome back nearly seven years later, Ray!  :-*
I apologise.
And so he should.........

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 01:17:17 PM »
Marine, Congratulations ~ it is good to see you have found some one to keep you in line! Av
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline marine53

• Spouses Country: moscow Russia
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 06:43:19 AM »
It's nice to be back.  Has anyone heard from DonAz?  I call Freebird (John) every couple of years. He is still married and living in Atlanta.  I met him in Moscow one one trip years ago.  BucBud (AL) is doing fine in San Antonio. He is still single. I chat with him several times a month. We also met in Moscow. He came to visit me in Orlando several years ago. 

Online MBS01

• Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2015, 02:36:11 PM »
Welcome back Ray:
I expect we were online together, but cannot place the name at the moment.  Likewise been there and done that and been married 12 years now and continue to live in Toronto, Canada.  Always nice to hear of others from way back that are still around and enjoying life as a western/FSUW couple.  Wes.