The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Visa free travel for Ukrainians will they need a foreign husband anymore?  (Read 4778 times)

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
Visa free travel for Ukrainians may be happening in the not to far future , will this be the end the Ukrainian brides thing? I think so in general I give 12/18 months and its pretty well finished of course there will always be some women in Ukraine searching a foreign husband? No need and many are just after travel opportunities so no need for a guy with a wallet anymore.

Some may say Ukraine is a big country and still even with Visa free travel they will not be able to afford it, but thats also much bull** like a on the subject of smart phones even in a poor country like Ukraine most young women posses a smart phone. There fore Im sure they will be able to afford a ticket to Europe.

The same happened in Moldova a while back Visa free travel was granted, many would say Moldova is a poor country so it makes no difference , yet has anyone visited Chisinau airport recently ? Its grown rather a lot!! Try booking an air Moldova flight to Europe at short notice its not easy! that airport is often packed full now and you would be under the impression EVERYONE in Moldova is travelling.

So if your after a Ukrainian women get your skates on the clock is ticking :)
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Visa free travel for Ukrainians will they need a foreign husband anymore?
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2015, 11:27:33 AM »
IF you look at it, Ukrainians will get short term vacation.
This would have little effect on the bride industry.
How do you think so many earn their vacation money? :chuckle:

EU RELAXES VISA REGIME ON UKRAINEThe promise of free movement to the EU was a key factor in mobilising young Ukrainians behind the Maidan protests.The proposal the EU Commission has now made, though it is being represented as a grant of visa-free travel from Ukraine to the EU, will be a bitter disappointment.All that is apparently being granted is a right similar to the one previously granted to Moldova. Ukrainian visitors can travel to the EU for short periods. However if they intend to study or work there then they will have to go through a complex application process.This is very far from the sort of unrestricted access to the EU that many Ukrainians had in mind.  However the political reality is that with growing opposition to immigration across the EU the political difficulties of granting Ukraine anything more make doing so all but impossible.

http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/summary-decisions-pertaining-russian-eu-relations/ri11928tp://russia-insider.com/en/politics/summary-decisions-pertaining-russian-eu-relations/ri11928
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2015, 11:31:22 AM »
IF you look at it, Ukrainians will get short term vacation.
This would have little effect on the bride industry.
How do you think so many earn their vacation money? :chuckle:

EU RELAXES VISA REGIME ON UKRAINEThe promise of free movement to the EU was a key factor in mobilising young Ukrainians behind the Maidan protests.The proposal the EU Commission has now made, though it is being represented as a grant of visa-free travel from Ukraine to the EU, will be a bitter disappointment.All that is apparently being granted is a right similar to the one previously granted to Moldova. Ukrainian visitors can travel to the EU for short periods. However if they intend to study or work there then they will have to go through a complex application process.This is very far from the sort of unrestricted access to the EU that many Ukrainians had in mind.  However the political reality is that with growing opposition to immigration across the EU the political difficulties of granting Ukraine anything more make doing so all but impossible.

http://russia-insider.com/en/politics/summary-decisions-pertaining-russian-eu-relations/ri11928tp://russia-insider.com/en/politics/summary-decisions-pertaining-russian-eu-relations/ri11928

Try finding a Latvian bride or  Estonian bride now or Moldovan. Its not an easy task the same will apply to Ukraine within two years for sure!

It looks like its going to be Russia for the Russian haters or no where :laugh:

Offline WestCoast

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2015, 11:50:22 AM »
Visa free travel for Ukrainians may be happening in the not to far future , will this be the end the Ukrainian brides thing? I think so in general I give 12/18 months and its pretty well finished of course there will always be some women in Ukraine searching a foreign husband? No need and many are just after travel opportunities so no need for a guy with a wallet anymore.

Some may say Ukraine is a big country and still even with Visa free travel they will not be able to afford it, but thats also much bull** like a on the subject of smart phones even in a poor country like Ukraine most young women posses a smart phone. There fore Im sure they will be able to afford a ticket to Europe.

The same happened in Moldova a while back Visa free travel was granted, many would say Moldova is a poor country so it makes no difference , yet has anyone visited Chisinau airport recently ? Its grown rather a lot!! Try booking an air Moldova flight to Europe at short notice its not easy! that airport is often packed full now and you would be under the impression EVERYONE in Moldova is travelling.

Steveboy, Andy and Manny said the same thing five years ago, actually they said the business was already dead in 2010, yet here we are almost in 2016 and guess what the business is still alive.

Have you got some new version of Planet Love Match, the scheme that was going to set Manny and Andy up for life, in the works?

As for travelling from Moldova to Europe on short notice, just tried it on Expedia. Checked Expedia for flights out of Chisinau to London (KIV-LHR) this week to return the following week, no problems getting a return flight.
andrewfi says ''Proximity is almost no guarantee of authority" and "in many cases, distance gives a better picture with less emotional and subjective input."

That means I'm a subject matter expert on all things Russia, Ukraine and UK.

Offline Manny

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2015, 12:04:07 PM »
Steveboy, Andy and Manny said the same thing five years ago, actually they said the business was already dead in 2010, yet here we are almost in 2016 and guess what the business is still alive.

Its alive by the skin of its teeth. Its finished. Even Elena's Models are on their arse.
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2015, 12:04:45 PM »

Have you got some new version of Planet Love Match, the scheme that was going to set Manny and Andy up for life, in the works?

As for travelling from Moldova to Europe on short notice, just tried it on Expedia. Checked Expedia for flights out of Chisinau to London (KIV-LHR) this week to return the following week, no problems getting a return flight.

I don't need any schemes I have other plans on the dating side of things Ukrainian dating doesn't even come into it.  I  can tell you a lot from statistics and analytics which I'm an expert in  :) I can assure you 100% and mark my words on this in this forum the Ukrainian brides thing WILL be finished in two years , of course there will always be a few women still searching a foreign husband but it will change beyond any thing you know!

Mark my words and check back here December 2017 if I'm not correct I will personally send you $1000 by Western Union to go buy yourself a drink on me tippet 

I guess you must be worried about this cos you already checked flights  :laugh:  I know personally on this matter also .

Time will tell.  :8)

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2015, 12:45:56 PM »
IF you're looking for a woman say  mid to late 30s or older chances are you will be unaffected.
Most of the younger ones are not serious anyway.
Visa free travel could be an advantage for those in Europe.
If she's able to visit you it's another option for spending more time together.
The economy and state of the country will be the deciding factor.
Ukraine's future is not that bright, so opportunity for mature woman will be limited.
If anything it's gonna eliminate most of the BS, involved with those looking only for a good time.

Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 12:50:53 PM »
IF you're looking for a woman say  mid to late 30s or older chances are you will be unaffected.
Most of the younger ones are not serious anyway.
Visa free travel could be an advantage for those in Europe.
If she's able to visit you it's another option for spending more time together.
The economy and state of the country will be the deciding factor.
Ukraine's future is not that bright, so opportunity for mature woman will be limited.
If anything it's gonna eliminate most of the BS, involved with those looking only for a good time.

Thats mostly correct BUT how many guys are looking for a Mature Ukrainian women ?? :chuckle:

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #8 on: December 20, 2015, 12:58:40 PM »
Most people are not interested in an older or mature Ukrainian women they search for a women like the attached image, of course those women never existed anyway for 99.9% of men.

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2015, 01:42:11 PM »
Not gonna happen, the last thing the EU wants is hundreds of thousands of displaced Eastern Ukrainians, Russian Soldiers on vacation helping in the war pretending be Ukrainians, and redundant BUK operatives entering the EU for a holidays and going underground.
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Manny

« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2015, 01:51:09 PM »
Not gonna happen, the last thing the EU wants is hundreds of thousands of displaced Eastern Ukrainians,

They are daft enough.  :-\

The invasion if it happens will be worse then when Poles got unrestricted travel.

Really, the aim of the EU is not what is good for the EU, it wants anyone and everyone: Ukraine, Georgia, Turkey, etc. It will happen at some stage.
Trip Reports: Links to my travels in Russia, Estonia, North Korea, South Korea, China and the US are >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2015, 02:03:00 PM »
Not gonna happen, the last thing the EU wants is hundreds of thousands of displaced Eastern Ukrainians, Russian Soldiers on vacation helping in the war pretending be Ukrainians, and redundant BUK operatives entering the EU for a holidays and going underground.

Of course it will happen!! The evil Empire will make it happen. The EU is just another US puppet government anyway :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Ste

• RIP
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2015, 02:20:45 PM »

Of course it will happen!! The evil Empire will make it happen. The EU is just another US puppet government anyway :laugh: :laugh:

The Evil Empire is (or was) the Soviet Union. Probably still might be the way nasha Dyadya is going.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #13 on: December 20, 2015, 02:23:28 PM »

The Evil Empire is (or was) the Soviet Union.

your soooooo far behind with the times!! The evil Empire is the US now :laugh: They control nearly every thing you do your whole life in one way or another.  Your just a small cog in the machine , worthless and disposable should the need come  :laugh:

Offline Ste

• RIP
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2015, 02:39:30 PM »

your soooooo far behind with the times!! The evil Empire is the US now :laugh: They control nearly every thing you do your whole life in one way or another.  Your just a small cog in the machine , worthless and disposable should the need come  :laugh:

Try 'The Children of Men' by PD James, enlightening.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2015, 03:02:18 PM »

Very good movie. Anything could happen , Im living a stones throw from the Finish border. They say Finland will be one of the best places to live after armageddon. Im always ready for any emergency Evac..  :laugh:

Offline Ste

• RIP
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2015, 03:13:49 PM »

Very good movie. Anything could happen , Im living a stones throw from the Finish border. They say Finland will be one of the best places to live after armageddon. Im always ready for any emergency Evac..  :laugh:

Book is better - Isle of Man as a Penal colony!

There's a a lot of truth in it, the hatred directed at the 'fugees' - blame them for everything, must read it again....

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2015, 04:36:46 PM »
There's already a load of Ukrainians in and around London. Flights to and from Kiev full of them and I'm certain they can't all be on professional business.

Not sure how they currently get right to enter the UK but Id not be surprised if many guys I've met have gone off the radar and are working under somebody else's name.

In years to come the EU is going to be a jungle, it's halfway there already!!!

As for Finland.....how's your Arabic coming along Steve?
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2015, 04:58:43 PM »
There's already a load of Ukrainians in and around London. Flights to and from Kiev full of them and I'm certain they can't all be on professional business.

Not sure how they currently get right to enter the UK but Id not be surprised if many guys I've met have gone off the radar and are working under somebody else's name.

"Imshe yowa" I think it means something like p**** off I learnt it whilst living in Egypt  :laugh:  If armageddon comes there will be no arabs in the part of Finland I shall be living in.

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2015, 02:29:39 PM »

"Imshe yowa" I think it means something like p**** off I learnt it whilst living in Egypt  :laugh:  If armageddon comes there will be no arabs in the part of Finland I shall be living in.

They're making their way to Norway  (on bikes) I wouldn't be surprised if they made it to Finland  :'(
http://m.sputniknews.com/europe/20151224/1032275259/norway-russia-refugees.html?utm_source=https%3A%2F%2Ft.co%2FOfW6zQntOs&utm_medium=short_url&utm_content=atUQ&utm_campaign=URL_shortening     
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2015, 01:08:54 AM »

Its alive by the skin of its teeth. Its finished. Even Elena's Models are on their arse.

'Yes, yes'..and meanwhile the Tinders et al of this world prove that it continues - minus the middle man...
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline dcguyusa

• Spouses Country: North America, South America, Europe, Asia
  • Trips: None Yet
"Mark my words and check back here December 2017 if I'm not correct I will personally send you $1000 by Western Union to go buy yourself a drink on me tippet ."

I have been online since 1996 when I first used online dating sites.  I might take you up on the offer.    :money:   :nod:
An uninformed opponent is a dangerous opponent.

"Y'all be makin shit up" ~ Markeith Loyd

Offline Czenny

• Trips: None Yet
We (I mean those who lives in Ukraine) listen to mr. President Poroshenko's promises that we'll get free visa but we also see & understand it clearly that it may happen in very distant future.
If I speak of me for example I like to travel in order to activate my knowledge of languages and see probably new countries for me.
I may say to get visa earliar and now is a hard job, so to say.

Visa to USA is a seperate story. One must be very energetic to withstand the whole procedure.
Specially when one does not live in Kiev...my God! It's not at all interesting to tell all that long way...

As for "will they need a foreign husband" question..  I personally always thought that a normal woman looks for a husband on the ground of True Love. If for ex. a woman like (love) western culture very much, is aware of traditions, ways of thinking, mentality, logically it means that she would seek for a foreign man to live with.

It happens often that a woman or a man has nothing in common with people who lives near in his or her country, and then one begin searching something else. We also must bear in mind that we all have mixture of blood. I live in Ukraine, but I am not ukrainian, a little polish, a little greek, a little russian...My behaviar and mentality is not at all typical for a ukrainian, 'cause  I studied german languages and literature, and western journalism in Moscow  :) I just try to explain my point.

One more example.

I have a good friend -an englishman-who happily married with a thai girl and they live in Bangkok. He had relations with an english lady but it did not lead to marriage. There are THE reasons when people make this or that choice. And these reasons are all about soul preferences.   :party0011:
Livet är fullt av ironier.

Offline Gipsy

We (I mean those who lives in Ukraine) listen to mr. President Poroshenko's promises that we'll get free visa but we also see & understand it clearly that it may happen in very distant future.
If I speak of me for example I like to travel in order to activate my knowledge of languages and see probably new countries for me.
I may say to get visa earliar and now is a hard job, so to say.

Visa to USA is a seperate story. One must be very energetic to withstand the whole procedure.
Specially when one does not live in Kiev...my God! It's not at all interesting to tell all that long way...

As for "will they need a foreign husband" question..  I personally always thought that a normal woman looks for a husband on the ground of True Love. If for ex. a woman like (love) western culture very much, is aware of traditions, ways of thinking, mentality, logically it means that she would seek for a foreign man to live with.

It happens often that a woman or a man has nothing in common with people who lives near in his or her country, and then one begin searching something else. We also must bear in mind that we all have mixture of blood. I live in Ukraine, but I am not ukrainian, a little polish, a little greek, a little russian...My behaviar and mentality is not at all typical for a ukrainian, 'cause  I studied german languages and literature, and western journalism in Moscow  :) I just try to explain my point.

One more example.

I have a good friend -an englishman-who happily married with a thai girl and they live in Bangkok. He had relations with an english lady but it did not lead to marriage. There are THE reasons when people make this or that choice. And these reasons are all about soul preferences.   :party0011:

tiphat
Bridge is a lot like sex, either you need a good partner, or a decent hand... Woody Allen

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
"Mark my words and check back here December 2017 if I'm not correct I will personally send you $1000 by Western Union to go buy yourself a drink on me tippet ."

I have been online since 1996 when I first used online dating sites.  I might take you up on the offer.    :money:   :nod:

Do that!! Send us all the photos of yourself with your YOUNG bride  ;D