The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: I have asked her her opinion about sex  (Read 17684 times)

Offline Borsch

• Trips: 1-5
Re: I have asked her her opinion about sex
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2015, 04:44:58 AM »
Looking at the extra info OP posted on scamsurvivor I'd now say it's most likely a scammer.

I think she has a strange look so I wouldn't rule her out as a scammer on her looks vs his alone. Her being 36, I'd say most of those photos would be a few years out of date. I'd say those former profiles maybe just that... former profiles... someone that tried once and is done with it.

The most telling is probably the structure of the letters and the fact that she is sending them through the dating website. The website says it is partnered with a translation service. Put OP's 150 Euros/month translation thread in conjunction with all this new info there is a clearer picture. Extremely long letters that are translated on a per word basis. The rate seems ok but the costs will balloon quite quickly. You can probably see where I'm going with this. "She" is most likely an agency employee with the job of writing to men who will pay for the partnered translation services of his and her long messages. Most legit people would be willing to take the conversation off the dating websites.

Hell I'd even go as far as saying the whole website is a scam.

Non-paying members can only send messages that are translated "the ability to send translated messages without Youandme-We.Com membership.
Translation Service is provided by our partner Online-Translator.biz." - probably their own company.

Also there seems to be no (real) way for women to register. It says women must send them an email while guys can do a typical register online. What legit dating website is structured like that?? They also don't write the addresses of their alleged offices in the CIS for women to prove their identity. I'd like to hear of a woman bothering to register like that, and if so, succeeding.

I'd expect her to continue to want to write through the website at all costs. I doubt you'd get her on skype or anything like that. The site owners seem wise to our anti scam policy - no pay per letter, etc. So they've invented something more discrete - pay per month which is widely accepted and pay for translations.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2015, 10:07:55 AM »
Quote from: Steveboy

There are some beautiful actually many women like this, but they SURE wouldn't be interested in some foreigner for marriage . A women like that would get all she wants and more in Russia! She would have no need for some cheap iPhone sent to her or anything else!

Its Friday night and Im off out soon to a bar full of beauties , turn up there and flash your passport about they will just laugh at you!

I agree it's scam.

I would note that the premise that's its scam based merely on how attractive the woman is seems flawed.
 Stating basically that no woman as attractive as this, would look for a foreigner to marry, is a tad over reaching.

The general  female population , no matter where they reside on the attractiveness scale,  are not  looking for a foreigner to marry.

The ones that may, fall all across the attractiveness scale as well.

Lets see some photos of guys who have married women as attractive as the one were talking about then?? Does anyone here have any?? :laugh:  Very very few but nearly EVERYONE is expecting to marry one..
Thats the funny thing!
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Offline AJ

« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2015, 04:06:51 PM »
Lets see some photos of guys who have married women as attractive as the one were talking about then?? Does anyone here have any?? :laugh:  Very very few but nearly EVERYONE is expecting to marry one..
Thats the funny thing!

My photo's in my avatar, and in a few threads here.

Fairly sure you actually meant something else though? ;)

To that point, I'd say the  men here have almost all married up considerably,I know I did.
While the woman mentioned is attractive, I'd guess shes not got much on the wives of RUA members in general if basing things on appearance.

Maybe I need a new profession, I'm not even in that biz ,and off hand know at least a handful of very attractive women that would be willing to, or now recently have , married and relocated west.Yes, as attractive, or more so, than the situation you are referring to?

Now, I fully agree that you're *very few* is certainly true.

I simply don't contribute it to the same factors you do.
Basically you seem to attribute this to the attractive girls being  picky,  having all things they want already handed to them on silver platters by the new Russians :)

While I agree there is some percentage of that in play,
I think in the MOB arena, which is the point of discussion,
it pales in comparison to the other factors:

Very very few WM actually bother to travel.
Very few of those that do, will
avoid the scams, or have any kind of real relationship.
Fewer of those will lead to any kind of relationship at all,
and even fewer of those will be socially and worldly adapt,
much less have the qualities of self analysis, and secure and confident enough to pull off a long distance relationship with a truly attractive woman, much less one that leads to marriage.

That doesn't mean very attractive women aren't available for marriage, or generally have such extravagant expectations they can only be met be an Oligarch.

I do agree that likely most signing up for a website, are very unrealistic , possibly pushing 60 ,yet looking for a  23 yo Smokinhotkova right out of Victoria's Secret Magazine.
and Moscow's socialite scene..lol.
but that's just signing up at a website, a website with eye candy as a headline for the most part!!So why would they expect anything different? It's exactly how most of them market ,and their market strategy.
Anyway in  this age , that's a 10 second thing , an off the cuff thing for a WM to do on a whim. no risk involved, nothing put forward really.
I don't compare that to a sincere guy actually getting on a plane.
Yes he could be equally unrealistic, but its still comparing apples to oranges.

A well rounded, family oriented,  established WM, may very well not be able to just flash a passport, but he sure wont be lacking for attractive female serious minded attention if that's what he wants. 
 Sure the 23 yo modelesque Moscow socialite/party girl might not be interested, but she isn't really representative of the bulk of attractive women in the FSU either.

Offline ashbyclarke

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #53 on: December 22, 2015, 04:36:31 PM »

Thats the funny thing!

My wife is pretty fit, great figure and cute looking, serious attitude problem with strangers which I rather like. Thing is since she's moved here the amount of moves other men make to get a foothold is amazing, from getting their kids to ask questions to almost falling over themselves to get some attention. Nothing works, she's totally oblivious or not, still she can ignore adults and children in a stride.

Thing is with this search how can anyone cope with a women who doesn't speak same language, might work for some, but thats some ask, my wife is fluent in English but we still have problems with understanding, if she couldn't speak/understand our language it would be much harder living as a couple. Moreso if you're busy with a working life, coming home to misconceptions or misunderstandings that require hours and hours of negotiation make any fit hottie a novelty you wish you'd never had.

Finding a hottie that speaks English to an acceptable level is limiting your search considerably, still I smile every morning, afternoon and at least twice in the evening.
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day - Frank Sinatra

Offline yankee

« Reply #54 on: December 22, 2015, 04:45:30 PM »

Thats the funny thing!

My wife is pretty fit, great figure and cute looking, serious attitude problem with strangers which I rather like. Thing is since she's moved here the amount of moves other men make to get a foothold is amazing, from getting their kids to ask questions to almost falling over themselves to get some attention. Nothing works, she's totally oblivious or not, still she can ignore adults and children in a stride.

Thing is with this search how can anyone cope with a women who doesn't speak same language, might work for some, but thats some ask, my wife is fluent in English but we still have problems with understanding, if she couldn't speak/understand our language it would be much harder living as a couple. Moreso if you're busy with a working life, coming home to misconceptions or misunderstandings that require hours and hours of negotiation make any fit hottie a novelty you wish you'd never had.

Finding a hottie that speaks English to an acceptable level is limiting your search considerably, still I smile every morning, afternoon and at least twice in the evening.

+1
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline Manny

« Reply #55 on: December 22, 2015, 05:43:28 PM »

Thats the funny thing!

+1

+2
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #56 on: December 23, 2015, 12:03:15 AM »

I recognise the type and have worn the t-shirt. Having been kicked into touch by said type - on more than one occasion - all I can say is the ride seemed great, while lasted and the fall hurt like hell - but I kept going back for more  :chuckle:

The funny thing is such types tend to end up single, lonely and contacting you - hoping you're still a sucker and believe they can work the same spell..again and again  :'(

Give me a softie, that can smile and appreciate a compliment and manage to say thanks, but no thanks - any day.

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #57 on: December 23, 2015, 01:13:24 AM »
Me and the wife in Red Square just after lunch with Mr Putin  :chuckle:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201915865875016&set=t.1135221469&type=3&theater
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #58 on: December 23, 2015, 01:57:08 AM »
OO===[][]===OO
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline ashbyclarke

« Reply #59 on: December 23, 2015, 04:21:21 PM »

Give me a softie, that can smile and appreciate a compliment and manage to say thanks, but no thanks - any day.

that's the thing, she's a softy, cute and cuddly but when alone for a while there's other things that come into that pretty little head that surprises me. It's all about expectation vs what is a reality or working possibility. Practicality isn't something they often consider.

Still I'd rather the upfront-ness than some weak minded, shy irrelevant young attitude.

I make it sound frequent, perhaps it is to a certain degree, but we've only been living as man and wife a short time, what we do have is an understanding now, when I come home and there's an issue I immediately realise there's a difference in points of view, with a quick joke about the purported issue we can then discuss this swiftly with an amicable resolution.

That perhaps wouldn't be as easy if she didn't understand a common language as we do, whilst we speak same language we certainly (at present) do not understand each others expectations or cultures, we are however learning fast. There's an awful lot to learn, that is most rewarding when resolved.
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day - Frank Sinatra

Offline AJ

« Reply #60 on: December 23, 2015, 04:39:24 PM »
There are some beautiful actually many women like this, but they SURE wouldn't be interested in some foreigner for marriage . A women like that would get all she wants and more in Russia!   

She would have no need for some cheap iPhone sent to her or anything else!

Well , seems answered that there are at least a few attractive RW like that, that would be interested in a foreigner for marriage.

They may not lack for anything in Russia (or FSU), but expanded their dating pool nonetheless.
 :biggrin:

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #61 on: December 23, 2015, 09:22:16 PM »
I understand my language quite well.

BTW, I would say once rather than when. Just saying......

If American, you might say when you have gotten instead.

Hmm.  Maybe it's a New England thing, but we would say "once" rather than "when" or "when you have gotten" (indeed, we'd be more likely to say "once you have gotten" in place of that last one.)

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
  • Trips: 10-20
« Reply #62 on: December 24, 2015, 01:19:00 AM »

that's the thing, she's a softy, cute and cuddly but when alone for a while there's other things that come into that pretty little head that surprises me. It's all about expectation vs what is a reality or working possibility. Practicality isn't something they often consider.

Still I'd rather the upfront-ness than some weak minded, shy irrelevant young attitude.

I make it sound frequent, perhaps it is to a certain degree, but we've only been living as man and wife a short time, what we do have is an understanding now, when I come home and there's an issue I immediately realise there's a difference in points of view, with a quick joke about the purported issue we can then discuss this swiftly with an amicable resolution.

That perhaps wouldn't be as easy if she didn't understand a common language as we do, whilst we speak same language we certainly (at present) do not understand each others expectations or cultures, we are however learning fast. There's an awful lot to learn, that is most rewarding when resolved.
Welcome to the club  tiphat
It seems to be the consensus that it takes about 2 years to iron out the wrinkles.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #63 on: December 24, 2015, 02:39:19 AM »

that's the thing, she's a softy, cute and cuddly but when alone

You said, ''my wife..serious attitude problem with strangers''

I was merely saying I'd prefer someone who is not like this in 'new' company..but I appreciate this tends to be a FSU trait..I never figured if it is a defence mechanism or out of some idea that all other men must be sent a clear signal that, 'I am taken'  :chuckle: 

It seems to be the consensus that it takes about 2 years to iron out the wrinkles.

..and how long for her to 'wrinkle out' yours  :chuckle:

I accept that you are probably being facetious  - as I cannot understand why any one would want to change the differences that make a FSU women appealingly different.

I am gregarious and my FSU partners have tended to be quiet.... but they were never 'walkovers' if their mind is made up about something 

Back on subject - Sex is one area were a FSU woman opinion's 'opinion' is worth seeking out  :chuckle:

Offline Danchik

• Russia Guru
« Reply #64 on: December 24, 2015, 04:35:03 AM »
The RW in question is average at best for Russia. Badly dyed red hair, standard boots that make any girl here look sexy to men, and quite average in the photo the OP provided.

I'm sitting in a Starbucks in a Moscow mall taking a break at the moment, and a better looking RW passes by every 2 minutes. There are two dev's behind the counter here I'd rather get with than our pseudo redhead.

There have been times in my life when I might have thought this redhead to be quite attractive. You know, like a hamburger tastes when you haven't had a good steak for awhile. When you start to get fed a diet of ribeyes and tenderloins, you understand the difference. Of course, everyone has their own version of beauty, but IMO, this "redhead" is hamburger.

As far as talking about sex, well RW are hardly prudes. Nevertheless, one doesn't broach the topic like an adolesent viewing his first porno movie. If you are just beginning to communicate with a FSUW and haven't met but sense her interest in taking the communication to the next level, then by all means. Think of it like comedy, where timing is key. :P
When it is dark enough, men see the stars.

Offline Dogsoldier

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Україна
« Reply #65 on: December 24, 2015, 12:47:31 PM »

that's the thing, she's a softy, cute and cuddly but when alone

You said, ''my wife..serious attitude problem with strangers''

I was merely saying I'd prefer someone who is not like this in 'new' company..but I appreciate this tends to be a FSU trait..I never figured if it is a defence mechanism or out of some idea that all other men must be sent a clear signal that, 'I am taken'  :chuckle: 

..and how long for her to 'wrinkle out' yours  :chuckle:

I accept that you are probably being facetious  - as I cannot understand why any one would want to change the differences that make a FSU women appealingly different.

I am gregarious and my FSU partners have tended to be quiet.... but they were never 'walkovers' if their mind is made up about something 

Back on subject - Sex is one area were a FSU woman opinion's 'opinion' is worth seeking out  :chuckle:
What are you banging on about? Who is saying anything about changing anybody? It is generally accepted that it takes about 2 years to make the transition and the relationship to stabilise after an FSUW arrives.

Offline Manny

« Reply #66 on: December 24, 2015, 05:10:58 PM »
I never figured if it is a defence mechanism or out of some idea that all other men must be sent a clear signal that, 'I am taken' 

Its the bolded. If you knew more Russian men, you would understand it.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #67 on: December 24, 2015, 07:14:51 PM »
The RW in question is average at best for Russia. Badly dyed red hair, standard boots that make any girl here look sexy to men, and quite average in the photo the OP provided.

I'm sitting in a Starbucks in a Moscow mall taking a break at the moment, and a better looking RW passes by every 2 minutes. There are two dev's behind the counter here I'd rather get with than our pseudo redhead.

There have been times in my life when I might have thought this redhead to be quite attractive. You know, like a hamburger tastes when you haven't had a good steak for awhile. When you start to get fed a diet of ribeyes and tenderloins, you understand the difference. Of course, everyone has their own version of beauty, but IMO, this "redhead" is hamburger.

As far as talking about sex, well RW are hardly prudes. Nevertheless, one doesn't broach the topic like an adolesent viewing his first porno movie. If you are just beginning to communicate with a FSUW and haven't met but sense her interest in taking the communication to the next level, then by all means. Think of it like comedy, where timing is key. :P

Why don't you post a picture of you with the good ones then Dan? 

I've never seen anyone stoop so low on this site as to insult another member's wife. 

Steve is a good friend and has built a successful life in Russia.  We can all learn from him.  I will not stand for these low blows against a fellow valued member. 

Offline TomT

« Reply #68 on: December 24, 2015, 07:48:53 PM »
I've never seen anyone stoop so low on this site as to insult another member's wife. 

Steve is a good friend and has built a successful life in Russia.  We can all learn from him.  I will not stand for these low blows against a fellow valued member.

Danchik wasn't discussing Steve's wife.

Offline Omega1982

• Spouses Country: Not determined / USA
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #69 on: December 24, 2015, 08:45:03 PM »
The most recent photo was from Steve. 

I must have been mistaken then with an earlier post on this thread. 

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #70 on: December 24, 2015, 11:37:44 PM »

Its the bolded. If you knew more Russian men, you would understand it.

:chuckle:

Having seen how Russian and Cypriot men operate - it is a waste of time - they'll still try - wedding ring or not..

Offline Brian275

« Reply #71 on: November 26, 2016, 09:42:52 PM »
"A well rounded, family oriented,  established WM, may very well not be able to just flash a passport, but he sure wont be lacking for attractive female serious minded attention if that's what he wants. 
 Sure the 23 yo modelesque Moscow socialite/party girl might not be interested, but she isn't really representative of the bulk of attractive women in the FSU either.

And that woman, while extremely gorgeous, is hardly a 'model'. She's 36 and 5'4 (163 cm). And the photos were likely taken years ago. I know you weren't referring to her and I'm actually agreeing with you that there are women in our 'community' who are more physically attractive, as well as have a 'more desirable age' (a bit unfair, unless the man is like 30 or younger, but its unfortunately how many men feel. For the most desirable women they prefer someone in their 20's, especially from that part of the world). So I can definitely see her being willing to look abroad. But as said she is really gorgeous. Definitely no knock on her looks, thats for sure!

Registration