The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Customer service - Russian style - here we go again.. :'(  (Read 233 times)

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Customer service - Russian style - here we go again.. :'(
« on: December 17, 2015, 10:48:29 PM »
As we prepared to go to the English School - I was due to answer questions on about a 'British Christmas'   - SC received a phone call. As she was getting ready - she put it on speaker and I saw her become whiter - difficult considering her tan - then 'angry'  - which is rare.

It was the bank that Ford in Russia use for Credit.

'Apparently' SC had been 'avoiding' them and they had to pay a special agent to trace her..

She 'hadn't sent' and original of a document required by the credit company and had been 'fined' 5000 Roubles - approx 75USD - for the 'offence' and her credit account was in arrears and she has until 1600, today - to correct the  matter - or face further penalties / legal action.

She has made the payments for the credit .. 10 percent of the value of the car early or on time.

The important document was supplied to an agent of the bank - that only has a presence on Moscow - 1500 km away. SC has a receipt for it.

NO correspondence has been received by post - just this call from the blue.

If my Russian was better - I reckon I could sort this out in 5 minutes. I plan to ask a girl we know- who speaks English and Russian - to translate for us - and if the worst comes to the worst PAY the 'fine' and will raise HELL with Ford Russia - that they could use such a firm - who will remain nameless - for now.

Seems like the credit bank have  no idea how to treat customers - who are 'guilty' until proven innocent...