The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: She need to know my address to get the Schengen Visa?  (Read 1885 times)

Offline OberstDanjeje

• Trips: None Yet
She need to know my address to get the Schengen Visa?
« on: December 15, 2015, 01:07:34 AM »
Hi, I'm Italian, 4 months ago I met online an Ukrainian girl form Kiev, she decided to come to visit me genuary 2 (with her money).
I wanted to visit her first but she says Kiev is too cold in genuary and since she come here we will spend some times to the sea.
Just to cut it short she already got the tickets and is waiting for the Visa but she don't know my address, I think is impossible to get it without the host address, isn't it?
I don't trust her completely (I pay the translation for what I write to her around 150€ a month) and this thing gave me a lot to think about.

Any help?

Thanks

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
Re: She need to know my address to get the Schengen Visa?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 01:28:51 AM »
For a Shengen visa, you can go through 2 routes:

* Self-Sponsorship

* Someone else sponsors you.

It seems like this woman wants to go the second road. I don't know the law of other countries, but in the Netherlands where I am from it has some severe information requests so I am not surprised other countries want the same.

A visa application should be prepared by both herself and her sponsor (I.e. you) or it will surely fail.

Read up on your national embassy (Italian?) and get the right requirements for her tourist-visa. Considering the decision-term is 4-8 weeks, shes already late and haste is required for a visit of 2-januari.

This page in Russian is talking about a self-sponsored visa:
https://italy.visahq.ua/

http://via.ph/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Schengen-Visa-Application-Form.pdf
This form is for a shengen visa of Manilla for Italy, but I doubt the Ukrainian one is different.
Just to get an idea of what is asked of her.

Mark.
You can change anything in life, but a BMW only for a BMW
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Chris

• CAD Drawing and Surveying for Office and on Site - Point - Shoot - Drawn - Instant Floor Plans
  • Spouses Country: Chernivtsi, Ukraine
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 01:46:06 AM »
Hi, I'm Italian, 4 months ago I met online an Ukrainian girl form Kiev, she decided to come to visit me genuary 2 (with her money).
I wanted to visit her first but she says Kiev is too cold in genuary and since she come here we will spend some times to the sea.
Just to cut it short she already got the tickets and is waiting for the Visa but she don't know my address, I think is impossible to get it without the host address, isn't it?
I don't trust her completely (I pay the translation for what I write to her around 150€ a month) and this thing gave me a lot to think about.

Any help?

Thanks

Buongiorno amico mio, I think she wants to keep you at arms length and live of the 150Euros a month you are paying out. If she is splitting it with a translator, she is doing well, its seems an exorbitant amount per month just for translations to me, just saying!

Offline OberstDanjeje

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 01:54:27 AM »

Any help?

Thanks

Buongiorno amico mio, I think she wants to keep you at arms length and live of the 150Euros a month you are paying out. If she is splitting it with a translator, she is doing well, its seems an exorbitant amount per month just for translations to me, just saying!

Is what I think too even if the translator is an online professional service who translate even in few minutes, anyway in less then 3 weeks she should be here so I will see

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 01:58:31 AM »
Get your own translator in Italy and ask her to send her letters directly in Russian to you.

Can't be much more expensive than what you pay now.

In fact, there are some very good translators who are/were active on this board that are cheaper than that.

Stirlitz (Still alive?) Mila, for instance.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 02:04:01 AM »

Any help?

Thanks

Welcome to RUA

While Miss Kiev, might be legimate, I also have some misgivings about whether she will come to you. I still understand that the 'easiest' Schengen visa is via Poland.

As best you understand does she own realestate in her name? Does she have an official job? Has she traveled to Western Europe before?

While presently Kiev is just below freezing I find it odd that she did not invite you to Kiev first. The flight is about three +/- hours and no big deal find a place to stay..

As you indicate time will tell.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline OberstDanjeje

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 03:28:32 AM »
For a Shengen visa, you can go through 2 routes:

* Self-Sponsorship

* Someone else sponsors you.

It seems like this woman wants to go the second road. I don't know the law of other countries, but in the Netherlands where I am from it has some severe information requests so I am not surprised other countries want the same.

A visa application should be prepared by both herself and her sponsor (I.e. you) or it will surely fail.

Read up on your national embassy (Italian?) and get the right requirements for her tourist-visa. Considering the decision-term is 4-8 weeks, shes already late and haste is required for a visit of 2-januari.

This page in Russian is talking about a self-sponsored visa:
https://italy.visahq.ua/

http://via.ph/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Schengen-Visa-Application-Form.pdf
This form is for a shengen visa of Manilla for Italy, but I doubt the Ukrainian one is different.
Just to get an idea of what is asked of her.

Mark.

Thanks, I already took a look at those documents in the Italian Kiev embassy but I was confused about sponsorship.
So if she come in a hotel is self-sponsorship if I invite her at my home I sponsor her? and so I need to send her an invitation, isn't it?

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 03:33:15 AM »

Thanks, I already took a look at those documents in the Italian Kiev embassy but I was confused about sponsorship.
So if she come in a hotel is self-sponsorship if I invite her at my home I sponsor her? and so I need to send her an invitation, isn't it?
No, sponsorship is independent of where she lives.

If she has the money listed on the application to support herself, she can sponser herself. (but almost nobody in Ukraine has).
If you sponsor her, you will have to provide at least 3 pay-checks to support her visum as proof that you can financially sponsor her during her stay.

Offline OberstDanjeje

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2015, 03:39:22 AM »

Any help?

Thanks

Welcome to RUA

While Miss Kiev, might be legimate, I also have some misgivings about whether she will come to you. I still understand that the 'easiest' Schengen visa is via Poland.

As best you understand does she own realestate in her name? Does she have an official job? Has she traveled to Western Europe before?

While presently Kiev is just below freezing I find it odd that she did not invite you to Kiev first. The flight is about three +/- hours and no big deal find a place to stay..

As you indicate time will tell.

As far as I know she was been in Poland, don't know about realestate, she is a dentist.
At first we thought to go to Egypt (we wanted to go in a hot place) but then there was the Russian aircraft crash and so she decided to come here.
The strange thing is she sound too smart to do a simple mistake like not asking invitation from me.
After almost 4 months she never used the word "love"

Offline OberstDanjeje

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2015, 03:43:16 AM »
No, sponsorship is independent of where she lives.

If she has the money listed on the application to support herself, she can sponser herself. (but almost nobody in Ukraine has).
If you sponsor her, you will have to provide at least 3 pay-checks to support her visum as proof that you can financially sponsor her during her stay.
Anyway she have to know where she will stay and she didn't

Online Ste

• Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2015, 04:35:07 AM »
Sounds like someone after a free holiday to me...
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Online Bruce Lee

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2015, 05:03:33 AM »
Being the cynic that I am, that's exactly how I read it!!!
If you get a minute check out Bruce's TR - Its not quite finished, however its still a pretty good read IMHO.

If I win the lottery I'll finish it this week if not I'll probably complete it when I retire!!! Until then I hope you enjoy the story so far!

Online leslied

• Supporting Member
  • Spouses Country: Ukraine
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2015, 08:10:50 AM »
Hi,

If your friend is paying her own expenses then you don't need to sponsor her.  It is common for Russians and Ukrainians to visit Europe on holiday.  Perhaps the easiest way for her is to book a package holiday.  Generally the tour operators know way better than us what criteria have to be met in order to get a holiday visa.  They have a financial interest. They are in the business of selling package tours...

Of course being able to pay for the package holiday herself and meet the Schengen visa requirements implies that she is wealthy enough to do this.  If she is-  then no problem.  ;D

I know lots of Russians who vacation in Europe.  They don't fit the stereotype of a mail order bride though.

If she cannot do this by herself and expects help from you BEWARE.  Demands are often made at the last minute in order to maximise their impact.  If I were you I would keep quiet.  Wait for your friend to ask for help.  If the help required is money - you have your answer...

Offline OberstDanjeje

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2015, 08:46:49 AM »
Being the cynic that I am, that's exactly how I read it!!!

At first is what I thought too so, when we planned to go to Egypt, I offered her to buy her ticked but she refused and told me she will refund helf the resort expens.
When she decided to come to Italy I told her I want to pay her everything and again she refused.
Of course I will never send her money or everything else before a real meeting, I just asked her that because I was sure she wanted my money.

Offline OberstDanjeje

« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2015, 08:51:54 AM »
Hi,

If your friend is paying her own expenses then you don't need to sponsor her.  It is common for Russians and Ukrainians to visit Europe on holiday.  Perhaps the easiest way for her is to book a package holiday.  Generally the tour operators know way better than us what criteria have to be met in order to get a holiday visa.  They have a financial interest. They are in the business of selling package tours...

Of course being able to pay for the package holiday herself and meet the Schengen visa requirements implies that she is wealthy enough to do this.  If she is-  then no problem.  ;D

I know lots of Russians who vacation in Europe.  They don't fit the stereotype of a mail order bride though.

If she cannot do this by herself and expects help from you BEWARE.  Demands are often made at the last minute in order to maximise their impact.  If I were you I would keep quiet.  Wait for your friend to ask for help.  If the help required is money - you have your answer...

Hi Leslied, I offered my financial help just to see her reaction and she told me she has the money and she will never ask me money for anything.
She already got the tickets and since we should meet in less then 3 weeks I'm sure she already did the right step for the Visa