The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Question about the visa free 90 days.  (Read 1880 times)

Offline Rockstar77

• Spouses Country: Dnipropetrovsk, Ukraine
  • Trips: 10-20
Question about the visa free 90 days.
« on: December 14, 2015, 10:53:39 AM »
Hey everyone...just need some things cleared up. I went to Ukraine for the first time on July.9th,2015. I stayed for 36 days, then I went back again on October.19th for 40 days. Ok...so I'm just waiting for the whole 180 day reset in the visa free thing because I want to spend three months with my fiancée. Now am I correct that I can get my visa free 90 days back if I go on January.10th 2016. Does it reset because I think that's on December. 9th 2015 it would reset. Or do I have to wait till January.9th 2016.... I know it sounds confusing because I'm confused as heck... So thanks for the info...ohhhh I can't wait to go back to my fiancée.

Offline Rockstar77

Re: Question about the visa free 90 days.
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2015, 10:59:29 AM »
Whoops I'm from Canada if that helps...I think...

Offline Tom Cat

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2015, 05:13:55 PM »
Congrats, you two look great together. I can't help answer your question, but some of the seasoned travelers to Ukraine should know.

Edit
Just a quick question why would you want to stay 3 months?
Wouldn't you want to save a few weeks in case of emergency?
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Rockstar77

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2015, 07:00:11 PM »
Hey tom. I'm getting married in August or early September and will be getting a visa for that time. But I just can't stay away. I have to see her again... After going to Ukraine twice I have not only loved being there but this girl is everything I've always wanted in a woman. After dating the trash in Canada for many years and getting married for 13 years and being the one who washed dishes, laundry, cleaned up the place and pretty much was a nice guy... North American women get turned off by being nice...but this Ukrainian woman loves it to death. There's no games. They display logic which is something I'm not used to when it comes to asking with a woman. Very warm and affectionate and just killer in many other ways...hahaha.

Anyways. Alberta is dead for employment. Im getting bored sitting around waiting for this oil crash to hopefully end which I heard it's not. So I though...hmmmm... I'm going to surprise my fiancée by telling her I'm coming to Ukraine on January.10th,2016. But then we started reading about the whole 90/180 day visa thing and we both just got really confused especially after reading this link. If I want 90 days with her...I would have to wait till February.26th, 2016 so I can spend 90 straight days with her. I've already spent 76 days with her and I thought the 180 days would have reset by December.9th, 2015 but they changed their policy and count backwards or something...it's confusing and hopefully someone can shed some light on this issue. But thanks Tom...she certainly is all I thought a Ukrainian woman would be. Totally awesome.

Offline Rockstar77

« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2015, 07:16:33 PM »
This is their new policy. I'm the brightest star and the galaxy and me and my fiancée are both terrible at math. I know...what match made in heaven. But I phoned the Canadian embassy and the lad that got on the phone was from Latvia... The first thing I asked him was how he was doing and he said I'm still alive... I was like cool. So I asked him all about my predicament and he said Ukraine follows some schengan visa calculator...so I went to some website and I was just blown away... I had no clue what to do and neither did she...so Im just trying to see if anyone knows if they have been to Ukraine since they changed the rule on the whole 90/180 day visa free thing. Like I said...if anyone can make sense of it..the date I first arrived I Ukraine was July.9th. I can give all the dates if anybody knows how to figure it out...thank you everyone. It means a lot to us.

http://mfa.gov.ua/en/news-feeds/foreign-offices-news/39928-new-rules-of-calculation-the-days-of-stay-in-ukraine-for-those-who-enyoy-a-visa-free-regime

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2015, 07:19:45 PM »
You can always try visa journey if you don't get an answer here.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/

Would seem you need to wait around 120 days from the day you last departed Ukraine. Please let us know what you find out. Thanks.
Don't shoot the messenger, links to articles posted, don't necessarily reflect my personal opinion.

Offline Rockstar77

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2015, 07:59:38 PM »
Hmmm...that seems pretty rough. Why can't anything be simple anymore.hahaha. I looked on that forum and thank you for posting it tom. I just talked to my fiancée and she's calling the Kiev embassy tomorrow to hopefully straigh ting this out. Awww... I posted it on one forum on Reddit and someone explained it way the heck over my head but they said February.29th, 2016 is when I should be able to stay for 90 days again. But someone else said a different answer and they aren't agreeing whose right. Tough stuff. Hahaha. Ok...well maybe someone else might chime in here too. Having conflicting answers and knowing when to go is tough. I don't want to break those laws considering I'm getting married in August.

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2015, 08:24:55 PM »
It's possible you need wait 91 days. The last month you would be at 89 days in country out of 180 dropping one day at a time from your previous trip.

I had visas while in Russia, but I managed to stay there many more days than the 90. I would stay usually 28 days come home for a couple weeks and return. I know how difficult it is to be apart.

Offline Rockstar77

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2015, 08:31:26 PM »
Wow Tom thanks for the lone replies. Totally appreciate it. Looks like I'm going to have to buy a visa. Any links to ordering them. it might seem crazy but I might go to one of those immigration visa places at the mall that can get visas too. Are they usually good. I know I need a letter of invitation and I'll get it but any sites that o can start filling out applications for it. I was going to buy the new Star Wars batt front game but that'll have to wait. Thank you though

Offline Tom Cat

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2015, 08:51:53 PM »
Not sure you need to get a visa, will it allow for more than 90/180?
The Ukrainian embassy nearest to you in Canada should have forms for visas.
Or do a Google search for visa service in Canada.

Offline Rockstar77

« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2015, 09:18:53 PM »
Hi tom, I did look up the visas for Canadians and its application but if I have to wait for a bit then I just have to be patient. My fiancée said next time I get there she will get all the stuff and information while I'm in Ukraine. We did wait 6 months to first meet each other and then once we met things went way beyond than we ever imagined. It is rough how this 90/180 visa free thing is. It is really rough going from being with them every day to leaving and having to go back to emails, skype, and VK everyday. Getting married is going to be awesome and the applying for a spousal visa should be easy considering it cost anywhere from 3000$ to 5000$ to get her here via lawyer. But it's just money. Concrete answers are very hard to find but I'm Optimistic things will go awesome. Thanks

Offline Maxx

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2015, 09:23:57 PM »
If you have the money and it wouldn't take much, you could rent a place in Moldova. That way she might be able to visit you. Either that and wait it out in expensive Canada during the winter no less. I've seen cozy apartments renting in Chisinau for around $300-$400 a month from Airbnb. You get a good rate if you rent by the month verses by the day. You would have to contact the owner. This would be the season to get them cheap. http://www.airbnb.com/s/Chișinău--Moldova       Just a thought from thinking outside the box.

BTW I'm an American living in the Republic of Georgia which is a $200 RT ticket from and back to Ukraine. There is 1 year stays here without needing a visa and easy renewal by just crossing a border and back in again.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2015, 11:07:48 PM »
Georgia has a visa free arrangement with Ukraine and your nation - so meeting in a third nation seems to be the best option - or now.

Good  luck
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Rockstar77

« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2015, 01:29:17 AM »
Thanks Maxx for replying. We figured it out. I have 50 days in Ukraine and I can go either January. 10th or 20th. She's 100% sure she's right. She called Kiev embassy. So it's all cool. But in the summer I mentioned Georgia and she said it sounds like an awesome idea. but anywhere I can stay with her for a long time is always cool with me. Thank you Tom and Max's

Offline Maxx

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2015, 03:01:21 AM »
I just arrived to Tbilisi Georgia a little over 2 weeks ago. I love it here! Full of friendly hospitable people and a very interesting and beautiful place too.  After I get my apartment which is looking soon, I plan on doing a tour of the country and do photography and filming for tourism promotion in mind. I'll keep you posted in what I discover. BTW welcome to the forum!

Registration