The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Biometrics for Russian Visa  (Read 1363 times)

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
  • Trips: 5-10
Biometrics for Russian Visa
« on: December 12, 2015, 01:46:05 PM »
I can't find the info!

Is there a time limit wrt to biometrics needed for Russian via for UK citz? i.e. do the biometrics expire or is it a one time process?
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Biometrics for Russian Visa
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2015, 02:04:42 PM »
You have to do it for every one I think. I have been needling Ambassador Yakovenko on the subject recently actually.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2015, 02:09:46 PM »
You have to do it for every one I think. I have been needling Ambassador Yakovenko on the subject recently actually.

Fook dat then lol!

Looks like Kiev for Xmas for us lol!

Or Leeds....
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2015, 11:02:27 PM »
Yup - EVERY TIME... but it's the same for most other nations requiring biometrics..I really don't GET why Russia is expected to me different  :coffeeread:
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline Bruce Lee

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 01:51:19 AM »
Thoughts on recent visit

Changed a lot since last time I was there, Tanya had been going on her own and signing the invitation prior to the biometrics thing – we managed to get the last trip in just before the change; Much busier than I’ve ever seen, packed with customers in fact, business is booming me thinks! Noticed, they are charging to use the computers and for print-outs – not sure when that came into force!

Fairly quick turnaround and got the friendliest Russian VAC staff member we’ve ever had – shocked springs to mind :o

The process itself was painless but the trip to the shit-hole we call a capital and having to take a day off work for the pleasure just takes the shine of the experience a little!
If you get a minute check out Bruce's TR - Its not quite finished, however its still a pretty good read IMHO.

If I win the lottery I'll finish it this week if not I'll probably complete it when I retire!!! Until then I hope you enjoy the story so far!