The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: The Trophy Wife What Is It? and Who Wants One?  (Read 2852 times)

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
The Trophy Wife What Is It? and Who Wants One?
« on: December 04, 2015, 10:00:42 AM »
The Trophy Wife What Is It?  and Who Wants One? :scared0005:

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: The Trophy Wife What Is It? and Who Wants One?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2015, 10:59:44 AM »
It depends how you define trophy. Are we using this definition?

Trophy wife is an informal term for a wife, usually young and attractive, who is regarded as a status symbol for the husband, who is often an older and wealthy "sugar daddy".

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2015, 11:28:02 AM »
I guess there are many ways to define a trophy wife. Not always but usually its some dumb blonde with a small brain ? :scared0005:

Its easier to describe the sort of guy who wants a trophy wife I think. He's usually the guy who has everything , Nice house, Nice car, good job and lots of cash unfortunately he is missing one thing in his life a beautiful women to show off to his friends. Usually he hasn't a women in his life because he's a bit of an asshole, hence any women with any intelligence will stay clear of him (Probably why so many footballers want a trophy wife ) 
Any women with half a brain would never want to be considered as a "trophy wife" I guess it carries some kind of stigma? But what the hell if your brain dead, blonde with a nice figure and face being a "trophy wife" is pretty easy.  Of course some one like a well known footballer is usually pretty stupid also , so you could say a match made in heaven :loving:

Then you have the other type of guy he doesn't want such a stupid women (Probably why he will be searching in Russia ) He wants a beautiful women to show off to his friends who's not quiet so stupid, but stupid enough to let him mould her into his ideal perfect women. A women who basically will never complain and always do what she's ordered. When he says "Dear can you wear that short skirt and heels tonight " She will say yes sir, I mean dear  :bow:

I hope that helps with a description of course its not 100% definitive but pretty close I think  tiphat

Online rosco

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2015, 12:16:56 PM »
Steve, you seem a bit agitated by the whole concept of a trophy wife. If someone wants a trophy wife and someone wants to be the trophy, good luck to them. It hardly causes you any grief unless you hold some kind of envy or insecurity.

I'd describe a trophy wife as being: A woman who is there to visually convey success, through beauty, but the relationship lacks a loving bond between man and woman. Almost like a fast car.

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2015, 12:25:58 PM »
Steve, you seem a bit agitated by the whole concept of a trophy wife. If someone wants a trophy wife and someone wants to be the trophy, good luck to them. It hardly causes you any grief unless you hold some kind of envy or insecurity.

I'd describe a trophy wife as being: A woman who is there to visually convey success, through beauty, but the relationship lacks a loving bond between man and woman. Almost like a fast car.

A good description. A huge amount of guys go to Russia or the FSU countries searching for a Trophy wife for some reason?

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2015, 12:41:51 PM »
I'd want a trophy wife, because then I'd be rich and famous.

And then think what the hell is wrong with me, I have my lenochka!

But now I am still rich and famous ... and married!
You can change anything in life, but a BMW only for a BMW
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2015, 01:33:39 PM »
The Trophy Wife What Is It? 

Any wife that makes you personally feel as if you won a trophy? Maybe you (generic you) chased her for a long time; maybe she's very attractive, where's he's not; maybe she's much younger? All of that?   ???
I don't see much of it in my surroundings (not at all), so i am guessing; where i am 'trophy people' hang out with/ date/ marry other 'trophy people'. There might be some discrepancy in background, education or age, but not such that would make one person look inadequate next to the other.  :biggrin:
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams

Online msmoby

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2015, 02:21:00 PM »
It depends how you define trophy. Are we using this definition?

Trophy wife is an informal term for a wife, usually young and attractive, who is regarded as a status symbol for the husband, who is often an older and wealthy "sugar daddy".

I think the wiki definition is quite fair for trophy wife and rosco's, too

Interesting you should choose Wiki for English definitions - they also define a four letter word - beginning in B and ending in T as derogatory / pejorative ... :coffeeread:

Well done, Markje.. we may not agree on Crimea - but you are clearly still besotted and THAT is wonderful

Offline ashbyclarke

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2015, 03:27:36 PM »
Isn’t a trophy wife something you should consider being temporary. You might live as a couple and pay for them over a period of time until they find something better. Although most who embark on seeking such are generally in denial about these type of women, and their true future aspirations. Most end in disaster, if not all.

It’s then of course the women’s fault why the relationship broke down later, moreso when these women claim half (or more) of those assets the hunter thought not possible with cleverly worded lawyer agreements, these guys tend forget these women are an awful lot smarter than them. Even those with the prenuptial agreement cannot outsmart the cleverness of these women.

Sure there are a few who are looking for long term, however I would say it’s not often you see a big fat 60/65 year old man with a slim looking 25/35 year old in a western environment, same rules do not apply in Russia or Ukraine. If you going consider it, move to Russia or Ukraine it just might work out!!
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're gonna feel all day - Frank Sinatra

Online NS1

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2015, 03:35:04 PM »
When home, do you put your trophy wife on the mantle?
“You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”
Malcom X

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2015, 03:45:18 PM »

No, over the arm of the sofa!
Dunno about you but the mantle in my house is just too high!
Bent over the balcony works nice as well though. ;)

"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus

Online NS1

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2015, 03:51:34 PM »

:ROFL:
“You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”
Malcom X

Online rosco

• Trips: 10-20
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2015, 04:00:51 PM »
There's something about not looking at the mantle piece when you're poking the fire?

Offline AKA Luke

• Meh!
  • Spouses Country: TBC
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2015, 04:06:26 PM »

There's a mantle in the Kitchen?
I know I am I'm sure I am I'm Rotherham til I die!

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2015, 05:29:53 PM »

Andy,  :ROFL:

Do you want the neighbours to see the jewels?
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot