The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Greetings  (Read 13679 times)

Offline Dr_Doom

• Trips: 1-5
Greetings
« on: December 03, 2015, 07:42:48 AM »
Hello everyone, I am hoping to find a FSUW to marry. I just made this decision 3 weeks ago, have joined Elena's Models site and Russian Cupid, and begun writing with a few women.

Thank you for this forum, it looks like it will be very helpful!

I am a rural Canadian, living not far from Toronto.

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Greetings
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2015, 08:42:44 AM »
Elena's Models

Personally, I'd be cautious about that site now. It isn't what it was. I am not sure if it had a change of ownership.
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Dr_Doom

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2015, 09:10:11 AM »
Thank you for the caution, I spent USD130 and have found the site to be pretty good so far. 

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2015, 09:27:38 AM »
Thank you for the caution, I spent USD130 and have found the site to be pretty good so far.

Welcome to RUA

"Pretty good", is only good if you find a bride.

Curious what made you decide to seek a woman from the former Soviet Union as a wife?
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Dr_Doom

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2015, 09:52:53 AM »
Hi Avhdb

I stumbled on a website called Western Women Suck, and a lot of the information made sense to me. Really, I hope to find an amazingly beautiful woman who will love me. The FSU countries apparently have a surplus of women, and a dearth of good men, I  can afford to search there, and I see no reason to limit myself to my area in order to find happiness!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Offline Manny

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2015, 09:57:15 AM »
The FSU countries apparently have a surplus of women, and a dearth of good men,

Not quite true. That is agency hype.

I hope to find an amazingly beautiful woman who will love me.

We assume you are similarly amazingly handsome and of a similar age to the women you intend to meet?  :evilgrin0002:
Read a trip report from North Korea >>here<< - Read a trip report from South Korea, China and Hong Kong >>here<<

Look what the American media makes some people believe:
Putin often threatens to strike US with nuclear weapons.

Offline Dr_Doom

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2015, 10:00:42 AM »
Hi Manny

Yes, without being too egotistical about it, I am pretty good looking, in fine physical shape, 45 years old and looking for someone no more than 15 years my junior.

Thank you for the vote of confidence.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2015, 10:05:10 AM »
Dr. Doom,

Do not get frustrated and some of us are even married to these foreign creatures called women. Manny, from Manchester is in fact is the owner of this website and has more or less seen it all.

So you know there is a Canucky page on RUA. I would study some of the Travel Reports and see what way will best fir the way you want to prosecute your search.

Ask questions and we will give our insights and opinions.

Av
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Sous01

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2015, 10:31:50 AM »
Good Luck with your search. Be careful and learn all you can. This is a hard endeavor and certainly not cheap. But if you meet the right woman a life changing experience. A lot of good information on this site but a lot of cynics as well. 

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2015, 10:43:17 AM »
Before you get started here's a word to the wise:

If you put the same effort and resources into finding a foreign wife (from anywhere) as you do to finding one in rural Canada then you will live a lonely life.

If you put the same effort into finding a local wife as you need to put into finding a foreign wife then you will certainly find a great wife from your peer group and country or locale.

A second, free, gratis point. You have told us what you are looking for. Here's the truth for you, before you spend any more money: when you look at a profile, set of pictures or even a set of communications between you, unless you can honestly know why that person (if it is a real person) would want to be with you and share your life then you will live a lonely life.

If you are not, right now, with the amazingly beautiful woman that you think you deserve then the chances of finding such a one over here - impossibly slim.
Shoot for realism and understand that there is NOT a dearth of good men, nor is there a treasure trove of beautiful women.
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Dr_Doom

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2015, 10:55:12 AM »
Sous01

Thanks.

andrewfi

You are basically saying "don't bother". Seems odd on a website such as this. Thank you for taking the time, in any case.

Offline Sous01

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2015, 11:07:46 AM »
Don't be discouraged I warned you about the cynics. I do not know their personal history nor do I care. There are some great people on this site and there are some bitter people. Take what you can from the good and learn from the cynics why they are bitter. I found a beautiful woman inside and out. Do I wish she had lived down the street of course but she doesn't. There is only one of her and she happens to live a long way away. I would not go back in time and change anything. Having said that this is not easy. If you are not prepared for the sacrifices and challenges you will face quit now before you break someone's heart. If not enjoy the life journey.

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
  • Spouses Country: Narnia
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2015, 11:14:45 AM »
Sous01

Thanks.

andrewfi

You are basically saying "don't bother". Seems odd on a website such as this. Thank you for taking the time, in any case.

Andrew lives and dates in FSU. Myself, i am female from Eastern Europe. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but this is definitely true: there is NOT a dearth of good men.
I think that if you don't intend to relocate, better seek someone who is from a similar area in FSU and used to such way of life. Also, the closer to your own age, the better. It's often the case that urban girls feel bored in rural areas and get quite miserable too soon. I do know of one case though where super-successful Muscovite moved to woods somewhere in US and is ecstatically happy raising kids with her man there. It depends on you personally and your luck. I wish you all the best in your search.
"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."
Douglas Adams

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2015, 11:31:54 AM »
Sous01

Thanks.

andrewfi

Andrewfi is telling you the nearest thing to reality.  If your searching for a cat walk model or some beauty queen forget it cos the chances of you succeeding are about 0.01%.

Your best option is just search for a normal women and forget about the prince charming searching a princess. That finished about 20 years ago ;D
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2015, 11:33:44 AM »
Sous01

Thanks.

andrewfi

Nope, if I had wanted to say 'don't bother' then I'd have written it!

BUT, if after reading my words that is YOUR takeaway, given that you know your situation better than we do, then I think you might want to go with your intuition.

If your dissatisfaction with women from your peer group and community is informed by a 'hate western women' site then you probably have the wrong attitudes going in. The 'amazingly beautiful woman' and 'dearth of good men' memes with which you have been infected will help you not at all and the 'surplus of women' idea is simply incorrect information designed to mislead saps into spending lots of money on a hopeless dream.

Understand that 'hate western women' is almost always a shorthand or euphemism for 'hate women' or 'are afraid of women'. neither will endear you to an empowered woman strong and brave enough to be willing to consider moving around the world for the right man.

You have a choice to make; don't be a sap, understand that you won't meet and marry an amazingly beautiful woman (but you might meet a very lovely woman), understand that you will be competing for her hand against men who understand her and her language, who live next door and who do not require her to give up her entire life.

Or go with the 'hate western women' and live alone as quite a few, somewhat embittered, posters, present and past do.

Your choice!

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2015, 11:39:15 AM »
understand that you won't meet and marry an amazingly beautiful woman (but you might meet a very lovely woman)

The difference between the two is some 10.000 e invested in plastic surgery, hair/ eyelashes/ nails extensions etc.  :innocent:

The rest i agree. ;)
Douglas Adams

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
  • Trips: 5-10
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2015, 12:03:45 PM »
Welcome to RUA. My first suggestion is do some reading, lots of reading.
By understanding what is involved will determine whether this is right for you.
Many different types here at RUA, take what you will from each.

This is not easy, cheap or something that you can do quickly.
Be as best prepared as you can, before getting to involved in your search.

I don't agree that you can't find beautiful and amazing, I did and I am not the only one here who has. I do agree with, you should take a long hard look at yourself and understand who you are. Some of These ladies my be beautiful and amazing, But they are also strong willed, outgoing and anything but weak.

Read a lot and ask some questions, you will find most helpful and few
not so much. Good Luck. tiphat
There is nothing permanent except change.

Offline Dr_Doom

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2015, 12:15:00 PM »
Thank you, everyone for sharing your thoughts for me.

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2015, 01:19:29 PM »
I am curious, you say Rural Canadian, not far from Toronto.
Where about in Ontario are you.
There is 6 Million people within an 160km radius of Toronto :)

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2015, 01:36:05 PM »

But the 'hate western women' website told him that he deserved an 'amazingly beautiful wife' and that the reason he did not have one was that all western women were pigs - I bet they used the term 'feminazis' somewhere as well.

Online B.B.

• Supporting Member
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2015, 02:35:29 PM »
Hello everyone, I am hoping to find a FSUW to marry.

Welcome, Dr_Doom

My free piece of advice is, if you are really committed, learn as much Russian as you can manage.  It will make your life easier in many practical ways.  My Russian is imperfect, and always will be, but it is remarkably easy for me to get things done in the FSU than it would be w/o it.

In the course of learning Russian, if you undertake to, learn as much about Slavic customs as you can, b/c you will (if you succeed) be welcoming another person into your life and should think about 'blending' your lives and not simply treating her as an accessory (speaking generally; no aspersions cast toward you are intended.)

Best of luck,

B/B
Saving the World, One Clue at a Time
If your religion insults my intelligence, don't be surprised when my intelligence insults your religion.

Offline NS1

• Supporting Member
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2015, 03:05:55 PM »

But the 'hate western women' website told him that he deserved an 'amazingly beautiful wife' and that the reason he did not have one was that all western women were pigs - I bet they used the term 'feminazis' somewhere as well.
Not sure, without a link, guessing at best, or one could ask without assuming.
I tend to give the benefit of doubt until proven otherwise.
You have been here long enough to know how it works.

Offline Volshe

• moderndayruth
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2015, 04:20:15 PM »
Hello everyone, I am hoping to find a FSUW to marry.

Welcome, Dr_Doom

Sorry, i had forgotten to add (from me too ) :

welcome to the forum!

Douglas Adams

Offline Ste

• RIP
  • Beware of Muslamic Rayguns
  • Spouses Country: The Planet Zanussi
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2015, 04:37:59 PM »
Hi Manny

Yes, without being too egotistical about it, I am pretty good looking, in fine physical shape, 45 years old and looking for someone no more than 15 years my junior.

Thank you for the vote of confidence.

Why not someone 15 years older?
O pointy birds, o pointy pointy, Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2015, 05:39:16 PM »
Dr Doom

Welcome

If you are a handsome [ normal - as in the head ]  guy and can afford to court and arrange for your intended to move nations -you'll find plenty of willing takers.

BB's advice is sound.

I'd stay away from the pay by letter business model and focus on sites like dmnotify.com . If you don't speak Russian - and she doesn't speak good English - be prepared for a rocky ride ...

Excuse the members who seem a bit 'negative' .. It's not personal - they mostly feel that the ship has sailed re this dating scene ...

This can still be a lot of fun
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic