The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Today  (Read 2104 times)

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Today
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2015, 04:05:40 PM »
After posting and starting this thread I went out to cut an elderly's lawn of a neighbour using his tractor. His property is on a step hill side and I criss cross laterally the hillside at a steep angle. More or less hiking out as if on a sailboat to maintain stability.

I misjudged a turn & the tractor capsized the last thing I was able to do was kill the blade. It more or less rolled over me.

Besides my ego the only damage is my right side which is now a vivid abstract of blue and black. The effing tractor is fine. John Deere makes a strong tractor.

It could have been allot worse for that I am grateful. And I can safely say to Andrew that I have a minor addiction to Ibuprofen, not sure if that will influence my posts.

If at all possible I would prefer to look at the things that unite us.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Justmd

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2015, 11:02:16 PM »
Does that mean that you think that Andrew is a dumbass?

I do, I think he is a complete dumbass.

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2015, 11:07:02 PM »
Here in bleak Yorkshire, we have a colleague over from San Francisco, missing Thanksgiving and depressed because of the wind, rain and lack of daylight!

We're thinking of getting him a líghtbox.

Interesting, you type líghtbox and it puts msmoby, do I win a prize?

:thumbsup:  :laugh:

I already 'won' said visible spectrum 'apparatus'  :chuckle:

Offline Maxx

• Trips: 5-10
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2015, 05:19:58 AM »
If at all possible I would prefer to look at the things that unite us.

I'm sensing that.