The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Its Cheaper to Date an American Woman Than an FSU Girl  (Read 1743 times)

Offline steve2015

• Spouses Country: United States
  • Trips: 10-20
Its Cheaper to Date an American Woman Than an FSU Girl
« on: November 14, 2015, 11:30:53 PM »
I first went to Ukrain in 1994  married in 1996. She was not particularly materialistic though that changed after a few years in States.
Things didnt work out (for non-financial reasons).
I eventually returned to Ukraine many times  from around 2005 to 2012.
When i was first dating in the 1990s women were satisfied with a simple decent meal, nothing fancy. One can also argue that part of the situation was there there did
not exist high end brands, restaurants and shopping.  So that is part of it.
As the economy and wealth of upper middle class escalated the options, I observed
 that women are now much more materialistic than even many women from more developed european countries (for example like in France) and in some ways more so than in States... because its a poor country and status is now displayed via  brand and making a show of materialism (in terms of self image and such for women). Whereas this might be the case in the States for a highly desired (attractive) woman, in FSU I believe it is the norm no matter how attractive or not the woman is in terms of looks.
My last GF from there knew more about high-end product and where to buy things online (in  USA website) than most Americans do. Quality stuff makes you superior, is the idea.
The level of what women FSU women want and expect  is at a very high level. 
Of course there are exceptions, but its actually cheaper to date an american woman than
a FSU girl.

The entire materialistic culture of FSU now is a complete turn off for me and I dont plan to visit anymore.

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Its Cheaper to Date an American Woman Than an FSU Girl
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 01:53:09 AM »
The entire materialistic culture of FSU now is a complete turn off for me and I dont plan to visit anymore.

Welcome to RUA

It might be helpful for some if you write up your knowledge and insights.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2015, 04:01:04 AM »
Steve makes some very valid points. I've observed the same thing and it's an instant turn-off.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2015, 09:27:26 AM »
You can still find some cheaper versions out in the villages I think thats where most guys head today realising most city girls are to expensive for them catch.
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online AvHdB

• Spouses Country: Ukraine, Kiev
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2015, 09:29:49 AM »
You can still find some cheaper versions out in the villages I think thats where most guys head today realising most city girls are to expensive for them catch.

I strongly suspect the catch is related to the bait they use.
“If you aren't in over your head, how do you know how tall you are?” T.S. Eliot

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2015, 09:44:50 AM »

I strongly suspect the catch is related to the bait they use.

Very true..

Offline yankee

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2015, 09:47:10 AM »

I guess it depends on how much one wishes to spend on the purchase of a wife.
What is worse than not being able to get what you don't even want?

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2015, 03:25:18 AM »

If one was to take the purely commercial aspect of marrying any woman - as it seems your point - then it is a costly pastime ... I mean who would want to go on and have kids, send them to private schools, have step kids, then there'll be the grand kids...  Gosh, there might even be a divorce.

Some guys never learn.... we need the likes of you to keep thinking of the wallet.....

I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2015, 11:09:39 AM »
Why, god forbid that any woman should seek to live in anything better than charity shop cast-off clothes and Wal*Mart cosmetics.

Grateful she should be to be allowed to have shoes and at least one warm meal a day in the Land of the Free!
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2015, 12:40:14 PM »

If one was to take the purely commercial aspect of marrying any woman - as it seems your point - then it is a costly pastime ... I mean who would want to go on and have kids, send them to private schools, have step kids, then there'll be the grand kids...  Gosh, there might even be a divorce.

Some guys never learn.... we need the likes of you to keep thinking of the wallet.....

"Send them to private schools"???????

Offline msmoby

• BANNED
  • BANNED
  • Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2015, 03:11:08 PM »

"Send them to private schools"???????

Once upon a time, so many plenty of FSU folk fought over places at UK private schools that the schools set limits on Russian speaking kids - they could turn them away... Now, with the R.rouble, BL rouble and UA Hyrvna crashing they aren't so fussy.
I have never claimed to be a Blue Beret

Spurious claims about 'seeing action' with the Blue Berets are debunked >here<

Here is my Russophobia/Kremlinphobia topic

Offline treadmilldude

• Trips: None Yet
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2016, 12:09:31 PM »
Steve, this post of yours is very troubling to me and worries me greatly. This is certainly not why I have leaned away from US girls and decided to try and find a girl from Ukraine for a long term partner and future Mother of my Children.

It is actually counter intuitive to me, that Ukrainian girls, who are low-income and cannot afford the premium designer brands.....if they ever meet a Western Man and get a chance to come to a Western country, expect to have all of the premium designer brands moreso than US girls. I have had plenty of GF's who were into designer brands, but yet plenty of girls as well who were extremely happy on the weekends to go out and about in a pair of Levis and Nikes.

It does seem that when I look at girls' profiles on VK from Ukraine, a huge number of girls have plastered all over their VK walls pictures of CChanel, DKNY, Gucci, Versace. And I always ask myself, is this really what is important to them in life, do they really think having this stuff is going to make them happy? Luckily, the girl I like the most right now is a complete 180 degrees from being materialistic. Loving, sweet, kind beyond belief, I just think she realizes that as a very intelligent, well-educated young woman who wants to be successful in life, she has really no chance of ever being successful in Ukraine.....and that is why she is looking to meet a guy from the US and move to the US and have children (she mentions to me often that she knows how hard it will be for her future children to grow up in Ukraine....it will be a difficult existence for her future children).
A blind squirrel finds a nut from time to time, but only by accident. - My advice to any member wondering whether or not they should make the very bad decision of using Anastasiadate.

Offline Anteros

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2016, 03:24:22 PM »
Steve, this post of yours is very troubling to me and worries me greatly. This is certainly not why I have leaned away from US girls and decided to try and find a girl from Ukraine for a long term partner and future Mother of my Children.

It is actually counter intuitive to me, that Ukrainian girls, who are low-income and cannot afford the premium designer brands.....if they ever meet a Western Man and get a chance to come to a Western country, expect to have all of the premium designer brands moreso than US girls. I have had plenty of GF's who were into designer brands, but yet plenty of girls as well who were extremely happy on the weekends to go out and about in a pair of Levis and Nikes.

It does seem that when I look at girls' profiles on VK from Ukraine, a huge number of girls have plastered all over their VK walls pictures of CChanel, DKNY, Gucci, Versace. And I always ask myself, is this really what is important to them in life, do they really think having this stuff is going to make them happy? Luckily, the girl I like the most right now is a complete 180 degrees from being materialistic. Loving, sweet, kind beyond belief, I just think she realizes that as a very intelligent, well-educated young woman who wants to be successful in life, she has really no chance of ever being successful in Ukraine.....and that is why she is looking to meet a guy from the US and move to the US and have children (she mentions to me often that she knows how hard it will be for her future children to grow up in Ukraine....it will be a difficult existence for her future children).

If you meet the right Ukrainian lady she will be very frugal in many ways, however she might also like to dress nice, do her hair properly and have quality make-up done, as well as her nails.

Once you see one of these gals in person and also walk around a major city in Ukraine or Russia you will either be eager and willing to be the traditional man who wants to buy her the stuff she wants or....not.  The choice is yours. 

Of course there are always limits and there is common sense.  Utilize both, get to know the women in person, see if you have a romantic connection, etc.
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Offline Anteros

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2016, 03:27:19 PM »
Why, god forbid that any woman should seek to live in anything better than charity shop cast-off clothes and Wal*Mart cosmetics.

Grateful she should be to be allowed to have shoes and at least one warm meal a day in the Land of the Free!

Walmart actually carries some excellent cosmetics, and I've often seen Russian and Ukrainian women stocking up on those.  Sure FSU ladies like quality stuff, but who says they feel a need to overpay for it?   :-X
Be careful what you wish for, you might get it.

Offline Steveboy

• Commercial Member
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2016, 02:37:40 AM »

Those profiles you are looking at in VK with young beauty queens plastered in designer gear are all fake..

Registration