The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Russians may soon need a Visa to exit Russia  (Read 2562 times)

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
  • Spouses Country: Crimea
  • Trips: 20+
Re: Russians may soon need a Visa to exit Russia
« Reply #45 on: November 19, 2015, 12:46:15 AM »

How? If your passport is revoked , you can't leave shengen, I was surprised to learn you can actually exit the USA without passport.

Many Schengen nations have id cards - I could fly with CY id - no passport necessary to the UK/Ireland
Whats your point? you still can't leave shengen without a passport.

Many refugees travel freely within shengen with 0 identification, including the UK.
You can change anything in life, but a BMW only for a BMW
My first trip to my wife: To Evpatoria!
My road trip to Crimea: Roadtrip to Evpatoria

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
« Reply #46 on: November 19, 2015, 02:21:24 AM »
I could enter and leave Schengen nations with an ID card..that is my point...no passport

Offline Manny

« Reply #47 on: November 19, 2015, 04:31:12 PM »
Many refugees travel freely within shengen with 0 identification, including the UK.

Can you clarify that please, Mark?
I apologise.
And so he should.........

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2015, 12:51:31 AM »

Can you clarify that please, Mark?

Sure, why else would tons of refugees be piling up at Calais, its the most clear proof we have.

1) How did they get there?
Because no border controls are active between shengen states. Once they are in, they can travel freely to Calais.
2) Why do they still go there?
Because Britains are not sending them back, if they saw people getting back as fast as they risk their lives going to the UK, they would not still be there, trying to get in.

Online msmoby

« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2015, 01:30:39 AM »
Markje,

You'll note I asked Manny for the ratio of successful UK Political Asylum applications v Refusals - I did not see a response - yet.

So, where do you get this idea that the British do not repatriate  ?

As you may know non possession of ID makes it hard to repatriate - if already in the UK -  and it also makes it hard to prove one's nationality / case for P.A - if entering - which is difficult at places like Calais

It's pretty hard to board a plane / ship to the UK without a passport / visa / id as appropriate - so - as the numbers getting through the tunnel are not that great - surely the case is moot  ?

Online Markje

• MCMLXXIV
    • Mark's unix pages
« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2015, 02:27:47 AM »
Markje,

You'll note I asked Manny for the ratio of successful UK Political Asylum applications v Refusals - I did not see a response - yet.

So, where do you get this idea that the British do not repatriate  ?
Because it isn't advertised if they are, which is the point i'm making. If I can't see them turning back, neither can hopeful refugees waiting at calais for their chance to enter GB.

As you may know non possession of ID makes it hard to repatriate - if already in the UK -  and it also makes it hard to prove one's nationality / case for P.A - if entering - which is difficult at places like Calais
Really? You know exactly whence they came, from calais. Simply send them back if they have no valid Passport to enter UK. How hard can that be with proper border controls that they claim to have. Why do you need to know their country of origin: They cannot enter: They are sent back the same road: To calais. This simple logic worked for ages before Shengen, why does it not work now.

Answer: There are no border controls that function normally @ dover.

It's pretty hard to board a plane / ship to the UK without a passport / visa / id as appropriate - so - as the numbers getting through the tunnel are not that great - surely the case is moot  ?
The ones getting through aren't turned back ,they claim asylum the second they land in Dover and GB isnt telling them turn around because procedure of shengen says you must apply from the first country you entered the EU, which is clearly not GB.

Mark.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2015, 02:49:47 AM »
Markje, most illegal immigrants/asylum seekers/undocumented migrants/whatever ARE turned back. The UK in 2014 had 32K asylum applications of which just 10K were granted.

Of course some folks disappear from the system, maybe too many, but the fact is that most illegals are turned away. Generally not immediately, but back they go. Perhaps because they are not simply put on a truck and sent back to France when picked up in Dover or the surrounding area the perception is that they get to stay, but it ain't so.

The problem is that these folks arrive because the French allow them to do so. Each person in the camps at Calais should either be processed by France, or returned from whence they came. That does not happen.

Incidentally, during the same year, the French accepted a mere 20% of asylum applications compared to the relatively generous UK with 20%. Germany accepted about 40%. Most applications, as I recall, to the UK come not from folks trotting through tunnels but from people able to get on an aircraft and clamber off at Heathrow.

Worth a read for those interested in some of the objective points of this discussion (OK, that means the link will probably go unclicked ;) ) CLICK HERE!
"For what else is the life of man but a kind of play in which men in various costumes perform until the director motions them offstage?" -Erasmus