The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: UK visitor VISA refused  (Read 5785 times)

Online msmoby

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Re: UK visitor VISA refused
« Reply #105 on: November 11, 2015, 06:05:53 AM »

For the record, I am one of those Moby is talking about who got my now Mrs a UK visitor visa when she was still living in Russia. Took 3 days, 11 years ago.

Thanks, Tonton...

V got hers in Moscow - she stopped off en route to CY from Siberia - same day. We weren't married and I made it clear I was 'sponsoring her trip' - she did have a job.. but it paid buttons.

Nobody gives a rats arse about the third word and pseudo-visas for $10 on arrival. They are valueless. Nobody wants to over stay in these places. I am telling you she needs visas from proper countries first. And I told you why. You are free to ignore me.

You dropped a bollock. You injected yourself into the application - against advice - and muffed it. After the event, you are still arguing and prevaricating. I told you how to do it, you want a debate. Nothing to debate here. I managed to import various people using my method, you started to do a Moby out of the gates, and a wheel fell off.

Either do what works, or find a new way and teach us all.

Manny, I appreciate you are trying to help - really - but you aren't reading. Since when has Spain - for example - not been a proper Shengen country   ?

I have pointed out that this route is exactly the one trodden before - the only differences being

1/ She had been refused US visas - you advised us to be dishonest

2/ she isn't working

3/ The vital supporting documents weren't supplied.

We'll respond to the answer to our complaint and I'll do my homework - as suggested by Ste.

I quite sure SC will make it to the UK - though it may now take some time..I'll now be going there.

Moby, given your past record I am sure that 'honesty' was not top of the agenda when sorting out your latest darling's visa application.

Your track record for making accurate assessments of situations - even with 'clues'  hasn't improved - if I was 'wrong' for telling the truth, then there'll be another application that will have the UK Visa folk wondering if I'm not her 'target'  :chuckle:

Thanks to all, for the input.

When there is news - I'll update

Offline Manny

« Reply #106 on: November 11, 2015, 01:18:58 PM »
Since when has Spain - for example - not been a proper Shengen country   ?

Since never. Less so since it became bankrupt like Greece.

Really, you view the world through Moby-vision. You wont be told. I'll step off this topic now as I am wasting my time trying to teach you anything. Carry on complaining........
please tell me where I'm being / have been 'dishonest'? 
Yes, he said that.........

Online msmoby

« Reply #107 on: November 11, 2015, 01:30:33 PM »
Since when has Spain - for example - not been a proper Shengen country   ?

Since never. Less so since it became bankrupt like Greece.

OK, so now I know you aren't clued up on Shenghen and a common visa policy

Really, you view the world through Moby-vision. You wont be told. I'll step off this topic now as I am wasting my time trying to teach you anything. Carry on complaining........

Thanks for trying to help - all the same

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #108 on: November 12, 2015, 12:09:52 AM »
I think your problems have only just started, lets see what happens when you apply for YOUR next Russian visa after all the bad tales you have told about Mr Putin  :laugh: You could be heading for the Filipinos next year :plane:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Online msmoby

« Reply #109 on: November 12, 2015, 01:33:32 AM »
I think your problems have only just started, lets see what happens when you apply for YOUR next Russian visa after all the bad tales you have told about Mr Putin  :laugh: You could be heading for the Filipinos next year :plane:

Well, I guess she'd be selling up in Russia ... As ever, I appreciate there is some seriousness in what you say - and you miss the fact it proves my point about political tolerance.. :coffeeread:

Offline GuppyCaptain

• Actively on the Search
  • Trips: 1-5
« Reply #110 on: November 12, 2015, 07:43:18 AM »

Wonderful country if true. Now one has to worry about what they write on the Internet lest they get denied an entrance visa?! Sounds exactly like the bullshit my family escaped from in communist Romania.

Some of you people absolutely amaze me with your mindset. Truly unbelievable.

Online andrewfi

• Supporting Member
    • Articles About Almost Anything!
« Reply #111 on: November 12, 2015, 07:58:24 AM »

Wonderful country if true. Now one has to worry about what they write on the Internet lest they get denied an entrance visa?! Sounds exactly like the bullshit my family escaped from in communist Romania.

Some of you people absolutely amaze me with your mindset. Truly unbelievable.

Of course you could take a pointed remark made on an anonymous forum as being a valid warning about the inner workings of the Russian consular system - but that'd be really stupid, right?

I am sure that moby can manage to mess his life up even further without invoking the visa gods more than he has already done. I trust that the choice to escape the 'bullshit' your parents left behind in Romania was based upon a sounder foundation than this.  :'(
...everything ends always well; if it’s still bad, then it’s not the end!

Online Steveboy

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #112 on: November 12, 2015, 08:57:04 AM »
Well its not worth loosing any sleep over it. Things happen, life is a bitch sometimes…

The good thing to remember is there is always someone off in a worse situation than yourself . Some little kid just had both legs blown off and one arm today. So having a Visa denied is nothing in the grand scale of things.
Best to stop moaning and get on with things :)

:coffeeread:
I support no government anywhere, ever, never. No institution, No religion!!

Registration