The World's #1 Russian, Ukrainian & Eastern European Discussion & Information Forum - RUA!

This Is the Premier Discussion Forum on the Net for Information and Discussion about Russia, Ukraine, Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet Union. Discuss Culture, Politics, Travelling, Language, International Relationships and More. Chat with Travellers, Locals, Residents and Expats. Ask and Answer Questions about Travel, Culture, Relationships, Applying for Visas, Translators, Interpreters, and More. Give Advice, Read Trip Reports, Share Experiences and Make Friends.

Author Topic: Quality of life in Russia [Sochi] compared to the EU.  (Read 560 times)

Offline Manny

• Spouses Country: Russia
  • Trips: 20+
Quality of life in Russia [Sochi] compared to the EU.
« on: November 03, 2015, 01:02:21 AM »
A comment Moby made on another topic:

Quote from: Moby
there are places -such as Sochi - in Russia where I would say the quality and std. of living is better than many EU nations.

I made a fresh topic so as not to derail the other.

I was wondering which EU nations Moby had in mind, and his opinion of Sochi over the other bits of Russia he has been to.

Not just for Moby, anyone with an opinion is welcome to chip in.

Online msmoby

Re: Quality of life in Russia [Sochi] compared to the EU.
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2015, 01:06:57 AM »

there are places -such as Sochi - in Russia where I would say the quality and std. of living is better than many EU nations.

I was wondering which EU nations Moby had in mind, and his opinion of Sochi over the other bits of Russia he has been to.

Not just for Moby, anyone with an opinion is welcome to chip in.

Having spent so many

Online msmoby

Re: Quality of life in Russia [Sochi] compared to the EU.
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2015, 01:17:26 AM »

Manny, having spent - possibly 3-5,000 USD per head of population on the infrastructure of Sochi - it already being an attractive place - with a good climate, it would be hard not to find Sochi an appealing place.

Personally,  I like sea and mountains and comparing Limassol [ Cyprus ] to Sochi - having stayed long periods in both  - Sochi has more to offer...if one can survive off income from overseas.

I am in a UK sea side resort, now and many of 'em are - sadly - dumps.